Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I think if we'd gotten sequels 10ish years earlier we could have had Luke as the Jedi master rebuilding the order, but now, the old/tired/disillusioned Luke is a better character to pass the baton to Rey as a more enthusiastic, less jaded hero. You could say Rey represents a new hope for the Jedi?
Yeah, I can't believe I said that, either. :$
Anyhoo, Luke building his academy and the events leading to Ben Solo's betrayal are interesting, and maybe worth exploring in an animated pre-sequel (to borrow a phrase from Borderlands) That way Hamil could play slightly younger Luke and you could even include Leia if you get a sound-alike.

I think if we'd gotten sequels 10ish years earlier we could have had Luke as the Jedi master rebuilding the order, but now, the old/tired/disillusioned Luke is a better character to pass the baton to Rey as a more enthusiastic, less jaded hero. You could say Rey represents a new hope for the Jedi?
Yeah, I can't believe I said that, either. :$
Anyhoo, Luke building his academy and the events leading to Ben Solo's betrayal are interesting, and maybe worth exploring in an animated pre-sequel (to borrow a phrase from Borderlands) That way Hamil could play slightly younger Luke and you could even include Leia if you get a sound-alike.

this is what i prey filoni is working on now

The single most boring character in a script is one that has it all together. If we start this story off with Luke the same old Luke from the end of Jedi, we have nowhere to go.

I was HAPPY to see Luke's possibly messed up... I want to see him overcome obstacles... become the man we WANT him to be...

If we started this with "Everything is great Luke" we'd have to have him turn bad and fall from grace during these flicks. A Character needs to do a 180 to be interesting.

i think everything hamill is saying is real. he didnt expect the luke we all ended up getting. i think we all were little shocked that we didnt get a confident master jedi luke, with a huge academy and a bunch of students...or the luke to come swinging in and saving out heros when in trouble

i think we all thought that is what was going to happen.

Well, that's the story we already knew from the EU but it was never canon anyway. When it was announced that the next episodes would not come from the EU and it was to be downgraded it was kinda inevitable they would steer away from what was previously established.
I'm excited to see how it all plays out and I definitely prefer to sit down at the cinema with no idea of whats coming.
With that said and a certain amount of hindsight, if 1999 had seen the release of STAR WARS Episode 7 Heir to the Empire with or favourite characters/actors returning, (it was the right time to do it) I'd have been camping at my local theatre. (but that's an alternate universe).

The fact that anyone believed otherwise is patently absurd. If you watched the actual video, it was plainly obvious he was just be self-deprecating.

and all ufo's are just weather balloons :cool

mark is one of those rare birds that is a fan of the things he works on, but he's not dumb enough to think even he's irreplaceable. so, he plays the game and lets people think what they want to think.

well, that's what i want to think anyway ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that's the story we already knew from the EU but it was never canon anyway. When it was announced that the next episodes would not come from the EU and it was to be downgraded it was kinda inevitable they would steer away from what was previously established.
I'm excited to see how it all plays out and I definitely prefer to sit down at the cinema with no idea of whats coming. .

except they didn't.

notto go over this again, but it feels like they took what they liked from the EU and steered clear of what they didn't.

Ben Skywalker became ben solo, et al.

just felt like a cop out to resell us all the same stories again with a whole new timeline of books :/..

i think everything hamill is saying is real. he didnt expect the luke we all ended up getting. i think we all were little shocked that we didnt get a confident master jedi luke, with a huge academy and a bunch of students...or the luke to come swinging in and saving out heros when in trouble

i think we all thought that is what was going to happen.

instead we got a shattered luke, someone who has been mentally beaten....and ran and hide from everything & everyone... (something i really can relate to today..) that doesnt mean he's not still our ol' jedi master. i personally like seeing luke like this, i think the last jedi is going to be one of my favorites. seeing luke lost and in disbelief of everything his former leaders (ben and yoda) have taught him..

i think Rey is going to be the one to pull back luke and give him purpose again, I'm just really excited to see where this goes

I for one am not.

It feels like a retread or a step backwards. We've ALREADY seen him depressed and beaten. with a hand cut off no less.

I want to see him taking on the struggles of rebuilding the academy. He could be worrying about training new students if you want to see someone un confident and depressed and 'woe is me'....

that's how all three characters from the classic movies pretty much came off as... rather boring no one evolved.

Han should have been a general in the new republic, maybe training a next generation rogue squadron with wedge. lea should have been leading the whole thing. luke, head of a new academy.

you still could have had a former student turned bad..he still could have run amok. that would be all the drama you need.

Last edited:
I for one am not.

It feels like a retread or a step backwards. We've ALREADY seen him depressed and beaten. with a hand cut off no less.

I want to see him taking on the struggles of rebuilding the academy. He could be worrying about training new students if you want to see someone un confident and depressed and 'woe is me'....

that's how all three characters from the classic movies pretty much came off as... rather boring no one evolved.

Han should have been a general in the new republic, maybe training a next generation rogue squadron with wedge. lea should have been leading the whole think. luke, head of a new academy.

you still could have had a former student turned bad..he still could have run amok. that would be all the drama you need.

I totally understand where your coming from. I too would love to see Luke raise a little academy. I prey this is the top secret mission Filoni is on right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't see the post but Pablo confirms what the TFA novel said that Snoke is NOT human,

- - - Updated - - -

I totally understand where your coming from. I too would love to see Luke raise a little academy. I prey this is the top secret mission Filoni is on right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That story has been done to DEATH. it was good, but not what I would want to see so many years later in a new film series.

I didn't see the post but Pablo confirms what the TFA novel said that Snoke is NOT human,

- - - Updated - - -

That story has been done to DEATH. it was good, but not what I would want to see so many years later in a new film series.

so does this rule out that guy in the latest novel? remember there is this guy who everyone thinks is snoke? was that guy a human?

I am looking forward to the new movies but just to throw my 2 cents worth in I had hoped that instead of a self imposed exile that Luke would have been banished and barred from using the force. I could have seen this happening due to the way things went down with Vader that not many people would want Force users around! Would have been a bit better for me that he would essentially have been "run out of town" after Return of the Jedi and then once Kylo revealed himself to be with the darkside then they would have had to track Luke down and ask him to come back and use the Force to get rid of him. Oh well, that ship has sailed so I guess I will just kick back and enjoy what they make :)

I am looking forward to the new movies but just to throw my 2 cents worth in I had hoped that instead of a self imposed exile that Luke would have been banished and barred from using the force. I could have seen this happening due to the way things went down with Vader that not many people would want Force users around! Would have been a bit better for me that he would essentially have been "run out of town" after Return of the Jedi and then once Kylo revealed himself to be with the darkside then they would have had to track Luke down and ask him to come back and use the Force to get rid of him. Oh well, that ship has sailed so I guess I will just kick back and enjoy what they make :)

I'm curious as to what happened to force sensitive kids born after the events of E3. It's not like they just stopped being born. Unless the 'no love, no attachments' thing of the jedi kept more from being born. If you have to be sensitive to have a sensitive kid....that explains why the jedi were dwindling come E1. But, still as said in Jurrassic park. Life finds a way. More and more sensitive kids would be born and someone is bound to go bad. You kind of need the adult in the room voice to teach them. You can't ban the use of powers, it's just going to cause resentment.

You know how return of the jedi ended, with Luke seeing the ghosts of Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anakin? What if they just never went away?

What if for every moment after that they just followed him around everywhere?

That would mess with a guy's sanity.

Just constantly talking to him........ "Tell me son, you lived on Tatooine, what do you think of sand?"

Well there's no problem because apparently no one knows about the Force or that there was a Rebellion in TFA... I doubt that unless you were involved in the Rebellion, you probably never even knew Sith or Jedi were involved.

You know how return of the jedi ended, with Luke seeing the ghosts of Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anakin? What if they just never went away?

What if for every moment after that they just followed him around everywhere?

That would mess with a guy's sanity.

Especially for those...ahem...personal private moments.

Well there's no problem because apparently no one knows about the Force or that there was a Rebellion in TFA... I doubt that unless you were involved in the Rebellion, you probably never even knew Sith or Jedi were involved.

unless they suddenly get a 5 minute lesson and then mysteriously master every aspect of the force.

but, we shant bring that plot hole up again ;o)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back