Jared Leto Joker

quote from the costume designer "The Clown Prince of Crime's translucent white skin tone was created by mixing together silicone and water based pigments"
hmm how would that work.

Last edited by a moderator:
quote from the costume designer "The Clown Prince of Crime's translucent white skin tone was created by mixing together silicone and water based pigments"
hmm how would that work.

Well I'm no makeup expert so excuse me if I'm wrong, but silicone based tend to be more powdery and water based more creamy. Think grease paint. So maybe they used a cream for the base and then a white powder layered on top?

Last edited by a moderator:
the-joker-tattoos-4.jpg
This is the only free "JOKER" tattoo I can find online. Anyone know what the measurements should be roughly? I know it's not perfectly screen accurate.

Screenshot_2016-08-05-00-36-34.pngScreenshot_2016-08-04-21-14-25.pngScreenshot_2016-08-05-00-19-46.png
Saw the movie Thursday night! I didn't take that many pics unfortunately these are some of the best I got. The makeup was really rushed and I absolutely hated how my eyebrows came out. I think my coat looked great with the right lighting. Still needs a lot of work till I'm fully happy with this cosplay :)

Also, anyone have any tips for putting makeup on over the tattoos? I had a pain in the butt doing it. It just wasnt covering the adhesive and you could see the outline of all the body tattoos.

if anyone visits he tour could you get some pics of all the jewlery on display for joker going to see if i can get it all replicated

I agree, along with the confirmation of Ezra Miller as the Barry Allen Flash :)sick) I feel like the DCCU is really off to a bad start. Man of Steel: not too bad, DoJ: hopeful, Suicide Squad: losing interest. I was really hoping that the tattoos were fake, or at least toned down but nope. Between the tats, pimp suit, lambo, and slapping Harley (nothing new there I guess) I guess they are going the Pimp route
Man did I come full circle :facepalm I liked Leto's Joker A LOT, he's gonna take some getting used to but I still really like what I've seen. That being said... I definitely want to do this version of The Joker. I'm thinking of either the Lee Bermejo inspired "Where is she?" scene outfit or something similar to this
Metals_Die_Cast_Suicide_Squad_M23_The_Joker_Boss_Front-420x260.jpgMetals-SuicideSquad-4in-TwinPack-JokerBossHarleyQuinn-02.jpg
so any help with references from the "Where is she?" scene aka him laying with all his "toys"
the-joker.jpg I appreciate any help you guys can give. My main concern is the eyebrows, or lack thereof.

It's hard to tell the color of his clothes too. I'm almost positive the vest is brown and the gloves and pants are black but it's hard to tell with the shoes. Again I appreciate anything you guys can offer on this. I think this is the only outfit I haven't seen done so that's pretty neat.

I knew of jared from 30STM and American Psycho. I was impressed that his performance was reminiscent of jack nicholas and cesar romero, I was expecting a mark Hamill joker, but I liked the throwback.

Not sure if anyone else has confirmed, but that's it - it's a really common handle that they modded. The hardest part for me to find was the accurate cane tip.

The best color I've found was called Toxic Sludge or something similar, sold by Party City or eBay, can't remember. But the best way to get vibrant green is to spray your hair white before you spray it green.

Thanks everyone who contributed to this thread! I've been putting together a Leto Joker costume and wanted to post up my (very minor) work that maybe someone could use.

I am doing the Arkham escape costume as I love the shirtless-open-jacket look but I dislike the boxers/bat tights/boots outfit from later in the film.

I first dismissed the Hot Topic jacket but after seeing it in the store, I felt that it had potential. Especially for the price - the fake grain texture is actually pretty good and the coat is a good size as well. I took the idea mentioned earlier in this thread of coating the jacket with a pearalescent material, and here's my result.

First, the stock image of the jacket. Good texture and proportions but the color is flat.
Untitled by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr

I experimented with a number of paints, but here's what eventually worked:

DecoArt Amethyst Metallic acrylic paint
Anita's Metallic "Deep Plum" acrylic paint
Textile medium

Mixing the paint & textile medium 2:1 turns the acrylic paint into permanent fabric paint.
Before shot:
Suicide Squad Joker jacket by IronJoeT16S, on Flickr

I began lightly sponging it on in a hidden area and it looked pretty good so I started working it along one front panel

I let the first section dry, and as it dried it looked even more vibrant! I ended up sponging on an even amount over the entire coat. The color is translucent enough that the original maroon of the jacket comes through in the light, along with the amethyst and it definitely changes as I move. I'm incredibly happy with the result, especially for not having to pay hundreds for a custom made Joker trench.

And a quick test (don't mind the hair, it was just a practice run!) The lighting was terrible in the bathroom but you can see the color change from the top of the coat to the bottom depending on how much light is hitting it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back