Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII (Pre-release)

Didn't the Jedi Temple become the Emperor's Imperial Palace - so much so that they modeled his Throne Room spire on the Death Star II after it (or vice versa)? ...at least in the old canon or ideas.

I haven't read any of the new EU books, but I think that's what they said. I liked the old EU explanation that the Jedi Temple was kept as is, as a warning to everyone of what can happen to you.

Hmm, Episode 8 is darker... So they are just going to copy ESB now? Sorry had to! :lol

Those rumors are hopefully garbage. If Rey is dark side this whole new trilogy bastardizes our beloved OT Trilogy to new heights. I will always say they should have just let it all be.

Rey was the Best and only good thing to come out of this new trilogy so far and if she goes south this new trilogy goes with her. Snoke is weak and Ren is pathetic at best. Giant Gollum and whiny baby hold no weight. Driver is just a bad actor all the way around in this. Looks like Gene Simmons son except I think Gene simmons son would have played it better.

Ren ordered an entire village slaughtered and killed Han. Not to mention whatever else. All that is enough for him to be court martialed. Vader redeemed himself and died. But had he lived it would have made sense for him to stand trial as well.

I realize this will not happen but I would love for Rey to either be gravely wounded or even killed and then Luke have to step up and show everybody what being a Jedi is all about :) I know this won't happen due to the films being mapped out with Rey as the lead, but man that would throw everybody off to have the young "new star" of the franchise taken out and the OT character take over :)
I love the idea of a bait and switch protagonist. It does more for the other characters.

Personally, I always thought that killing luke at the end of empire would have been a stronger choice.

To me, the big problem with jedi is that the only protagonist with true motivation was luke. With luke gone, the ante would be upped, han could have gone on the warpath and LEIA could have trained as a jedi and confronted Vader as the true last hope.

I also felt that it would have been great of frodo died at the end of lotr, allowing sam to complete the quest. Allowing him to have a true character arc.

To me, when the obvious hero completes the quest, there's less of an arc.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

How would you bring charges against Vader or the empire? They are the whole system basically. The whole senate voted to make him their leader. You can't just have some rebel scum come in and say this is right or wrong. By time they were caught and under rebel arrest. The rest of the empire would basically take the rebel's to pound town. As you watched in TFA, they could almost kill everyone one they picked. I guess you would have to form a new senate and order in the universe. That could take forever, plus you would likely still have a split among the planets. So with that idea. There would 2 controlling sides that would only deal with thiervien problems n crap. So your prisoners would be released to the empire to keep peace among the new created senate / order. It's for the greater good, less lives lost with out fighting. Yet you know you'll have to fight against them likely down the line. A never ending battle most likely. Kinda like how countries used to fight back in Europe. We caught your king..but we'll give him back for blank and a Big Mac. War over is for a few years and they go back at it again. The sand box is never big enough for every kid, someone is always gonna get kick in the face.

There is also something here that star wars never deals with...redemption.

Can a fallen jedi redeem themselves? Sure, vader went through anagnorsis, but that isn't the same thing as redemption.

The closest thing I can think of is when ventress fell from the dark side into grey.

It could work out if Kylo turns into a sort of Ronin who wanders the galaxy trying to atone for his past mistakes,I mean Lucas used a lot of Samurai influences so why not this? SW isn't at all like our modern world so maybe he gets off after helping to bring down snoke.

Can a fallen jedi redeem themselves? Sure, vader went through anagnorsis, but that isn't the same thing as redemption.

The closest thing I can think of is when ventress fell from the dark side into grey.

I'd say if you just killed a handful of people, then yeah you could be redeemed. You would still have to serve time though. If you killed a planet, then I doubt anyone that's not a Jedi, would buy into that.

Hey you guys heard they built a Falcon set up in Donegal here in Ireland and Hamill Ridley and Driver were filming up there for three days?
Theyve now gone south to Cork for ten more days filming. Strange cos no pics or anything has been seen of sets being made down there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey you guys heard they built a Falcon set up in Donegal here in Ireland and Hamill Ridley and Driver were filming up there for three days?
Theyve now gone south to Cork for ten more days filming. Strange cos no pics or anything has been seen of sets being made down there.

- - - Updated - - -

How about a great news story about it?!

https://www.facebook.com/rtenews/videos/1308959619133037/

Can a fallen jedi redeem themselves?

Uh, what? That's absolutely a huge part of what the first 6 SW movies are about. The rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

Or a cool pic.
image.jpeg

Uh, what? That's absolutely a huge part of what the first 6 SW movies are about. The rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.
I mentioned anagnorsis. That's the element of Greek tragedy where a tragic character realizes their flaw moments before death. I'd say vader is more in line with that.

I'm referring to the idea that someone who has fallen to the dark side, works their way back to the light and is actually forgiven. Where they work to make up for their sins

I see what you're saying but I think that's splitting hairs. George has many times said the 2 trilogies were about the rise, fall and redemption of Vader. It would be interesting to see a fallen Jedi attempt to atone for their sins but I doubt they could truly achieve full forgiveness from everyone, depending on their crimes...

I mentioned anagnorsis. That's the element of Greek tragedy where a tragic character realizes their flaw moments before death. I'd say vader is more in line with that.

I'm referring to the idea that someone who has fallen to the dark side, works their way back to the light and is actually forgiven. Where they work to make up for their sins

Pardon my pedantry, but it's spelled "anagnorisis". Vader's turn to the light side was not merely anagnorisis--an acknowledgement of wrongdoing. No, he did way more than acknowledge his evil ways. He turned away from the dark side of the Force, to the light side, with *actions*...not just words of acknowledgement. He saved his son's life, after trying to kill him. This was pure redemption. Exactly as George intended it to be. (Maybe not from the beginning, but at least from the time he made Vader his daddy in ESB.)

It's true...I can't even seem to be fully forgiven for calling @The Wook a troll! :p :lol

Long forgiven. :D

The Wook

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back