The Walking Dead - Season 6 Discussion

Scott Gimple pretty much said that's how it would go. The next season will start with the scene as seen by others. There is no time jump. There is no dream or fake out. The character death will basically set up the story for the everything following. Much like Ned's death on Game of Thrones being the lynchpin for everything that followed

yeah I'm hopeful. My issue is that season 7 should BE "everything following" instead of playing catch up for the last arc of 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, other shows (e.g. Agents of SHIELD) handle mid-season breaks better. TWD, though, regularly likes to jerk its audience around. That's the real problem.

god like that stupid cliffhanger this season with the "mom" scene

Really pissed me off. Just a nonsensical ratings grab. Zero respect for the fans who've invested their time in the show.

Now, they want people to watch that piece of **** "FTWD" ?!?!

Will be interesting to see if people stick to their guns or the first episode of S7 sees the biggest audience yet.

I gotta tell you, though I've always considered myself a die-hard TWD fan, this last episode sucked. The final episode, nothing more than a cheap trick, a gimmick. They are desperate and it shows.
Yeah, I think I'm done.

That scene, whoever it turns out to be will just be gut wrenching and disturbing beyond.

And wouldn't it be great if we were spending this off season mourning that character and trying to get our jaws off the floor, instead of being enraged by yet another lame tease.

And wouldn't it be great if we were spending this off season mourning that character and trying to get our jaws off the floor, instead of being enraged by yet another lame tease.

so maybe they should take a page out of the game of thrones text book....remember the red wedding?!?!?!
.....it was like BOOM every ones dead !.....how you like them apples?!?!??
the whole internet exploded in a huge mass of what the F ?!?!?!?!....the reactions on you tube were priceless. lol

Am I the only one who thought the first person POV of the bat attack was very effective? Definitely made me squirm. I could definitely recall banging my head really hard and how much it hurt and it gave me the willies. I guess I'm in the minority though. Also, I've read a lot of people saying they need six months to get used to the character's death or mourn. Maybe I'm just not that invested in the show, but...really? Even if it's your favorite character, I hope you don't need to take the week off of work to grieve. Sheesh.

The first person POV was very effective, and would have been much more effective if they had shown a main character getting their head bashed in immediately afterward. I don't have a problem with cliffhangers, in fact they can be great, but this felt less like a cliffhanger and more like a cop out. Like they couldn't commit to offing a main character and now the decision will be based on contract negotiations and which actor's new projects take off. It just seemed cheap to me.

By the way I still like the show and I'll keep watching. I just know it can be better if they fix some storytelling issues.

For me the end would have worked better if they would have shown Negan kill one of the characters. Then after he is done Negan would say "That was so much fun, let's do that again!" Then have the first person POV, would have given the people who watched this season a pay off as well as made people excited about the new season.

For me the end would have worked better if they would have shown Negan kill one of the characters. Then after he is done Negan would say "That was so much fun, let's do that again!" Then have the first person POV, would have given the people who watched this season a pay off as well as made people excited about the new season.

i have to agree with you 100%

I guess I'm in the minority though. Also, I've read a lot of people saying they need six months to get used to the character's death or mourn. Maybe I'm just not that invested in the show, but...really? Even if it's your favorite character, I hope you don't need to take the week off of work to grieve. Sheesh.

You're not in the minority. People need to vent is all. It was a well done scene. I think everybody who watched the finale, no matter how cheated and upset they feel, will tune back in, or keep an eye on spoilers at the very least. But given the number of people who claim "I'm done" but continue to discuss the show like they ain't nowhere near done, the writers did their jobs and told an effective story. You're supposed to be upset.

I think it was the wrong move to cliffhanger this scene, not because it has ticked off so many fans, but because it's going to be a nightmare to keep it a secret. I don't think they will be able to keep it a secret until the October. I'm not sure, from a production standpoint, why on earth they'd even want to try.

Cliffanger was a bit frustrating, and do they still have the rocket launcher ? That first barrage would have gone up in smoke if they did. It was a bit weird for Rick to avoid the fight, when he's usually so belligerent.
What did shock me though, was the very first scene with Morgan in the woods. Did they use worksite spotlight or what ? It was horrible ! And the second time that happened. First was Carol in the woods.

You're supposed to be upset.

See, I'm one of the people who is mad, but I KNOW I will be watching the spoilers and tuning in to the premiere, because I feel disgustingly obligated to see where they take this show, for better or worse. That said, I do not subscribe to the meta explanations given by the producers "oh you're just feeling the anguish the characters do", "it'll all make sense", "this scene is the end of one arc, and the death is the start of another". That is NOT effective storytelling. If we were supposed to be in the mind set of Rick's group, then we should have seen every single hit, unable to escape it, unable to change it, and finally forced to accept the death of our friend/family member. The crushing helplessness of that scene is one of the most important moments in the books, and shows that they are truly living within a new world order. The cliffhanger is cheap, lazy, and makes people mad for all the wrong reasons. We should hate Negan for taking away our friend, and then walking away so casually. Instead we hate Gimple, or Nicotero, or AMC, because they neutered this moment, and effectively called loyal fans of both mediums "whiners" or "crybabies", for wanting a payoff we had been promised for months. The finale had a great amount of tension, so much so that we were willing to forgive the fact that they quite literally drove around in an RV for the greater part of a 90 minute episode, but all of that tension was thrown straight in the garbage when those credits rolled.

You mean football of hockey pads? Regardless, it's about high time we somebody out there with some common sense and wear armor. If I were in a zombie apocalypse one of the first things that I'd do is make or find myself some sort of lightweight armor, particularly for the arms and legs. At the very least I'd armor up my left arm to use like a police/attack dog trainer, you get the walker to bite on the armored arm thus holding it in place so you can stab or shoot it easier.

ALready told the wife, the day the SHTF and the zombies come we are headed STRAIGHT to the harley dealership down the street and we're grabbing full riding leathers with kevlar and full face helmets. It is INEXCUSABLE at this point that the group hasn't armored up yet. Just as it is inexcusable that the group did NO Surveillance on Negans group before attacking and for some unknown moronic reasn the BAD ASS REDNECK CANNOT DRIVE A STICK!?!?!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back