Luke V2 showoff thread

lol already did that ;) I don’t have much free time for my own props right now. Working on clients V2’s

In between acid dipping and painting I get to play in random stuff

I am also working on a builders kit tutorial (waiting on the last screws to show up) and starting another build log of all the stuff I’ve worked on, keeping it all in one place for better organization

I’ve done a lot for a client this past winter. Really kept my head above water, e11, esb Vader, korbanth crossguard (BIG mods to that) warmachine dl-44, the list continues.

This KR V2 will get my accurized treatment, gotta drill matching opposing holes in the nipple and emitter, my nipple upgrade, cone knob upgrade, clamp card upgrade

A lot of upgrades! Lol chamber parts should be here next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonderful! When are you going to change your name to halliwax- master of V2s?:D

I wish I had all the tools to be able to freely monkey with my sabers:cry

Wonderful! When are you going to change your name to halliwax- master of V2s?:D

I wish I had all the tools to be able to freely monkey with my sabers:cry

I’m far from a master, way more talented guys on here then me. But I appreciate the comment ;)

Which version do you consider the most accurate to get as a V2 newcomer? ;)

I do like the Solos Hold one as it seems pretty though through for an FX conversion...
Any suggestions? Seems like this thread is the right place to ask. :)

Which version do you consider the most accurate to get as a V2 newcomer? ;)
I think Jordan of SoCal Sabers likes the RPK the best, and it's the only one available right now (unless Anakin Starkiller still has some), but we're also waiting for the next Solo's Hold version, which looks like it might turn out to be the best one readily available, but at a premium of $100 over the RPK

Let’s not derail this thread with comparisons...

I have gotten a few PMs to do a comparison video of all of them, and I won’t do it. I have always found it distasteful and not fair.. what I mean by that is

Each one of these V2’s were built in a different time, when during that time we didn’t have the knowledge and reference we have today.

So claiming one v2 is more accurate then another when the other was made 3 years ago... isn’t very fair...

I may not believe in saying “this one is better then that one” but all you have to do is look at my work bench and it will show you who I support

Last edited:
For those who do not have access to heavy machinery (lol) here is the way I quickly fixed the leather stamp.

I put it in the drill and reversed the rotation so that it was going against the rotation of the grinder. Rev up the drill and hold it against the grinder. Only takes about a minute if that. I bought two so if anyone needs one, hit me up.

stamp.jpg

For those who do not have access to heavy machinery (lol) here is the way I quickly fixed the leather stamp.

I put it in the drill and reversed the rotation so that it was going against the rotation of the grinder. Rev up the drill and hold it against the grinder. Only takes about a minute if that. I bought two so if anyone needs one, hit me up.

View attachment 846236

That gets the ol’ halliwax stamp of approval right there!

Wannawanga is the only place for accurate D rings.

Roman did a excellent video explaining how to install the D ring

https://youtu.be/-aFN269tBIw

I wrapped my Dedicate D ring pliers in gaffers tape, I also have some soft jaw plumbers pliers I do for closing the D ring

If you have a smooth set of jaws for your vice you can do the same thing

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180915/fec4069490ef42053f4cf1cdc64f7e43.jpg

I use circlip pliers for the opening of d-rings - like these:

Capture.JPG

View attachment 851038View attachment 851039

My RPK. My first such project. Used bleach to weather and trooper trent stencils (thank you Halliwax, for the tutorial vids). Pretty happy with the results, but do want to try another using aluminum black.

I need to get mine posted in here. Ryan does amazing work. especially his own weathering.

Yours looks awesome however. Nice to see the stencils are cross compatible.

It's important to note that since these are, mostly, cylindrical, even small differences in diameter make big differences. For example, the KR V2 booster is 41mm, and the AS V2 is 40.5. That's real small, but it means the circumferences are over 3mm different

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back