New projects...

Kingbob

Am I the only one who starts their next project before they've finished the current one??? :D

Sulaco_0.2.jpg

I juggle things as well.
When I built for clients it was a matter of sticking with it until it was done, now I just enjoy what I am doing. I do have a number of kits which get started and then either bog down a bit or I find I am not enjoying them as much as before. I build thing to have fun and if something starts to become a chore I switch to another that I know I will have some fun with.

Some builds are long haul projects- my Zvezda ISD needs so much meticulous work that I set it aside for ones which are a less ambitious. The Special Edition B-Wing is on my table now and I have a three day weekend to enjoy it in.

I always felt like I had like 30 projects going on at once. Trying to stick with the one for now, as I don't want it to drag on like some of the others.

I juggle things as well.
When I built for clients it was a matter of sticking with it until it was done, now I just enjoy what I am doing. I do have a number of kits which get started and then either bog down a bit or I find I am not enjoying them as much as before. I build thing to have fun and if something starts to become a chore I switch to another that I know I will have some fun with.

Some builds are long haul projects- my Zvezda ISD needs so much meticulous work that I set it aside for ones which are a less ambitious. The Special Edition B-Wing is on my table now and I have a three day weekend to enjoy it in.

I think thats it, you dive in and spend ages on a build, and sort of overdose on it. Then need a break so switch to another build, and so on, and so on. I think the trick is to have several sufficiently different builds, so that switching back to the first one means you're going to something different from what you're currently on.

Yep. Same here! I sometimes find jumping into another project gives me some time to ruminate on the other stuff and even find better ways to do something that might relate to another project. I'm taking my time on the PG Falcon and have switched to the mini Death Star, mini TIE Fighters and the B-Wing just arrived. I figure the more painting and detailing I do on the smaller builds will help my work on the Falcon.:)

I tend to start planning another project almost exactly after I start one. Going back and finishing the first is the difficulty.
And also that I abandoned a previous project to start that one...

I was building a 3/4 Hal 9000 from 2010 and decided to do a 1/1 2001 build at the same time. I've not worked out if I can call that the same project or a different one! :D

Guilty as charged-
In this corner of my shop alone I have 3 projects going at once, with the Cylon Raider in the upper left corner of the frame hiding behind the disc sander.
6ECCCEFA-97D6-4E6F-8B74-CEABCF798847.jpeg

I have 13 projects that have been started but are as yet incomplete, with an extra few still in the planning and feasibility stage.
I tried not to start new ones but evidently have failed miserably.

Currently in process:

Bandai X Wing
Revell 1/30 X Wing
Boba Fett jetpack
Hero working macros
Bandai Storm Trooper Dio
McQuarrie Concept Storm Helmet
McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett
Y Wing Helmet
Bandai Shore Trooper dio

You are not alone :)

Well I have:

Randy Cooper Sandcrawler

Bandai Bwing

1/24 Resin kit Xwing

1/24 Resin kit Tie Interceptor

1/24 Resin kit Tie Fighter

These last 3 kits Im currently waiting for but as soon as they get here I will start the Tie Fighter to keep myself building something between my building time for the crawler.

I have 13 projects that have been started but are as yet incomplete, with an extra few still in the planning and feasibility stage.
I tried not to start new ones but evidently have failed miserably.

Come on David get cracking on those unfinished projects we don''t have long until the next show.

I've started to figure out that if I take a few days to imagine and work out the needs and details of a new project for a few days BEFORE I actually buy anything for it, I'll move on to another. one. This has kept me out of starting something new for at least a month.

I've started to figure out that if I take a few days to imagine and work out the needs and details of a new project for a few days BEFORE I actually buy anything for it, I'll move on to another. one. This has kept me out of starting something new for at least a month.

I've noticed something similar. I'll start something, then need to order some extras for it. Then stat something else while waiting for the extras to arrive. And repeat... its an endless cycle!

Well, if I'm honest...

Bandai 1/144 Falcon
Scratch-built 1/8 TARS
Bandai K2SO
1/5 T2 Endo
Scratch-built 3/4 2010 HAL/SAL 9000
Scratch-built 1/1 2001 HAL 9000
1/12 K-9 light and sound toy conversion
...plus the ever-growing stash

Yeah... Need to finish something. The 1/1 HAL is going to get finished first...

Conservatively i think i have:

1m Omega class destroyer
50cm Omega class destroyer
Moebius BSG
800mm Sulaco
1/16 Tamiya Tiger tank
Hobbyboss M1070
Tamiya Paladin
Trumpeter HEMTT

I'm not counting kits i've opened, gotten upgrades for, but havent actually put glue to sprue yet!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back