Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
When Tony, Strange, and Peter were trapped on the flying doughnut, Dr. Strange asks Tony "Can you get us home?" Why couldn't he just open one of his portals to get them home?
Why doesn't Wakanda have any tanks or big friggin' guns to shoot at the space dogs? Or perhaps just throw a bomb at them?
If Thanos is so tough he can bitch whip the Hulk, how is it he can be cut by knives and stuff?

When Tony, Strange, and Peter were trapped on the flying doughnut, Dr. Strange asks Tony "Can you get us home?" Why couldn't he just open one of his portals to get them home?
Why doesn't Wakanda have any tanks or big friggin' guns to shoot at the space dogs? Or perhaps just throw a bomb at them?
If Thanos is so tough he can bitch whip the Hulk, how is it he can be cut by knives and stuff?

We were watching this the other night and my wife wondered the same thing.

Watched it again yesterday on blu-ray and I’m wondering if Stormbreaker ( Beta Ray Bills weapon in the comics :cool ) can be wielded by anyone powerful enough to hold it now - like Groot did for a few moments when he sacrificed a part of himself to form the handle .... also Mjolnir had Odin’s enchantment on it regarding who could wield it , and there wasn’t one placed on this new one right ?

Ged

@Laspector re; Hulk vs. Thanos ... Hulk probably does get cut and suffers wounds too , except part of his powers include rapid healing , so it just looks like nothing penetrates his skin . Thanos doesn’t/ didn’t have a healing factor , though he seems to after obtaining all the stones , which was evident by his surviving being struck through the chest by Thor & Stormbreaker ... maybe !?

Last edited:
The enchantment on Mjolnir was inscribed onto it. This could have been added later, but it also could have been part of the mold. Which would mean that it could have been part of the mold for Stormbreaker as well. (I checked Wikipedia's page on Mjolnir, and it didn't have anything on where the enchantment came from in the comics, just that it was there.)

As for Groot, I'd think that sacrificing part of himself to create the handle (which, until it had the handle, could also be said to not be the weapon, since it wasn't complete) would count as being worthy. Given that, traditionally, the warriors of Asgard are the Einherijar, who die "noble" deaths, and sacrificing oneself is usually considered noble, I can definitely see Groot's sacrifice as worthiness, at least enough to pick it up at that point.

For MCU continuity, Odin enchanted Mjolnir before banishing Thor to Midgard and stripped him of his power. Unfortunately, it wasn't ever shown if anyone else held the hammer prior to said enchantment. It would have been nice to see someone else wield Mjolnir, like Loki, prior to the enchantment, which would have helped clarify his confusion at being unable to lift it later.

I suspect that only Mjolnir had the "worthiness" enchantment, and others could wield Stormbreaker, though I never followed it's history in the comics much.

As I recall, in the comics, Beta Ray Bill could wield Mjolnir as well, and was gifted with Stormbreaker.

For MCU continuity, Odin enchanted Mjolnir before banishing Thor to Midgard and stripped him of his power. Unfortunately, it wasn't ever shown if anyone else held the hammer prior to said enchantment. It would have been nice to see someone else wield Mjolnir, like Loki, prior to the enchantment, which would have helped clarify his confusion at being unable to lift it later. .

UPGuRmi.jpg

I watched the movie a couple more times this weekend. Thanos' face is amazing. Until now even the best CG mapping suceeded at likenesses but facial expressions were still really blunted. Thanos's face (and Brolin's performance) was chillingly real - they must've put extra work into his brow and in Brolin's eyes, especially.

Last edited:
I watched the movie a couple more times this weekend. Thanos' face is amazing. Until now even the best CG mapping suceeded at likenesses but facial expressions were still really blunted. Thanos's face (and Brolin's performance) was chillingly real - they must've put extra work into his brow and in Brolin's eyes, especially.

I was thinking the same thing. Even at 4K Thanos's face is super believable. They did a hell of a job.

I'm just wondering how all this cannot be mentioned in every MCU show there is. I know they briefly mentioned something going on during the last few episodes of SHIELD, yet no one flaked out. Why aren't people disappearing in every show? I don't see how this can be ignored, unless somehow Thanos is just doing all this with the Reality stone and it's not really happening or something.

Like Iron Fist could turn to ash, so they don't bother with season 2,

I gave up on AOS, but I would think that the Netflix series' all happen before the snap, as well as Cloak & Dagger.

So far, AOS is the only show to have any sort of crossover with the MCU movies, while the Netflix shows only mention the New York invasion from Avengers 1.

Clan and I were watching the end of the movie and, when it was over, Clan turned to me and said "Hey, what if Korg is how Tony Stark and Nebula get off of Thanos' home planet? Like he zooms in and is like "I'm Korg, this is my friend Miek, and it looks like you've been having as bad a day as we have. Want a lift?""

I want this to is to be canon so bad now. :lol

Now, everyone seems to blame Starlord for what happens in the film. However, this was recently posted on YouTube, and I have to admit, there seems like there was another way that could have lead to a positive outcome.

https://youtu.be/ARYWiFBni2o

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What would happen if Super Soldier Captain America would eat the the "Heart-Shaped Herb" plant that gives black panther his powers...would that make him Extra strong?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back