Anyone big into listening to soundtracks?

The Monster Squad soundtrack contains mostly moody fun scores that remind me of classic horror themes. of course, it also had both theme songs from the film which are so dope.

Interstellar didn't have that problem. Some of the organ hits felt like they were shaking my chair. Likely a reason why it's my favorite film score ever because I remember hearing it so vividly at the cinema.

Interstellar's soundtrack is incredible. I've listened to it so many times - it's great for studying or keeping you focused.

This is a GREAT documentary on the power of music in a film like Blade Runner that I highly recommend:

Last edited by a moderator:
I whole heartedly love soundtracks. I will quite happily listen to soundtracks all day long rather than the mainstream drivel we are all subjected too these days.

Other than the incredibly obvious John Williams and Danny Elfman scores, I have ( in the car) The Mask (Jim Carey) and Smokey and the Bandit soundtracks..... Oh and Guardians of the Galaxy volume 1....... of course.

Does War of the Worlds count? Cos thats there too...... And a Rocky compilation cd.

Better stop now and not say about the TV Theme cd's ive got.......OOOOOOOPS!!

I love a good soundtrack especially when I'm building/working on something. Gladiator, any thing John Williams, Alien, Lord of The Rings, lol guilty pleasure "Enya"...

If it's a non-model/ prop related ,wood or metal projects I have to listen to hard rock, metal.

I used to reluctantly say “ I like movie soundtracks” when people ask what music I like, but now I’m more open about it. Most of my iTunes account is of the usual masters: Williams, goldsmith; zimmer: elfman as well as spontaneous purchases if I like the film. I often have YouTube on while working nights at my desk, playing movie scores in the background while I work.

My Pandora feed plays the score from Skyrim a lot. I am not a gamer, but that score makes me want to play that game!

Ah man I could listen to the Skyrim soundtrack on repeat for days. It's just hours of pure environmental bliss. Even if you don't play the game, the music transports you to another world!

So glad to know I'm not the only one who loves soundtracks. I enjoy all types of music, but I've been listening to soundtracks the most for years now.

When I'm working on a prop, I like to put on the music from whatever movie it's from because it just feels right.

Some of the ones I've been listening to a lot recently:

Avengers: Infinity War
Solo: A Star Wars Story
The Empire Strikes Back
Stranger Things 2
Game of Thrones Season 3
Blade Runner and BR 2049

I've probably played Interstellar the most.

Last edited:
I'm recently having a massive surge of appreciation for John Carpenter scores. I liked them in his films but haven't really paid all that much attention to soundtracks on their own. I've bumped into a full live gig of his on Youtube and his stuff has been spinning in the last couple weeks and I even scored a ticket for his London gig. Was contemplating the Meet and Greet ticket but by the time I made my mind up they were sold out on those.
As a consequence I discovered lots of great synthwave artists, Pilotpriest and Gunship being new favourites.

- - - Updated - - -

Does War of the Worlds count?
The Jeff Wayne one you mean?

I'm recently having a massive surge of appreciation for John Carpenter scores. I liked them in his films but haven't really paid all that much attention to soundtracks on their own. I've bumped into a full live gig of his on Youtube and his stuff has been spinning in the last couple weeks and I even scored a ticket for his London gig. Was contemplating the Meet and Greet ticket but by the time I made my mind up they were sold out on those.
As a consequence I discovered lots of great synthwave artists, Pilotpriest and Gunship being new favourites.

- - - Updated - - -

The Jeff Wayne one you mean?

Yep. The original with Richard Burton.

To me that's a soundtrack to a movie never made. Love it to bits and really wish someone made a WotW movie that's not contemporary but set back in the Victorian era using the Michael Trim designs and the Jeff Wayne music.

can't comment about the designs or score, but here in the UK a 'faithful' version of WOTW has been filmed and will be screened shortly on the BBC

I put together a little medley of some of my favorite sadder tracks from some recent superhero movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back