New Hasbro ForceFX Riot Control Baton

Probably chromed plastic, but here's hoping someone here will do a run of real-metal upgrade parts. Either way this would be great for my FO TK so it's an insta-buy.

It has to be metal in order to maintain the consistent quality of the FX line. It would be bad for Hasbro to cheap out now and on a new model.

Amazon updated the delivery date from August to this Tuesday on my pre-order. Someone posted a review on Amazon already. Not sure if it's real cause I haven't seen anybody posting pics of having it early.

There's one currently in stock on Amazon.

Edit: Someone got theirs. Scroll down for pics and video.
https://www.instagram.com/jaycepticon/

Last edited:
No time for an in depth review but overall pretty happy with it. I had some issues with the flip out pieces and the mechanism is tricky. I don't like how it sits on the stand and one of the clear stand pieces slip out easily causing the baton to fall off. I added some tape to the base to lock in in better. The sounds and vibration are great and can be triggered by the button on the handle or by movement.The size is good but feels like it might be smaller than screen used. hard to say cause Im a big guy. I like that it can be displayed open or closed. All in all Im happy. I need a new amor storm to display it with.

Mine arrived today. Here are my thoughts.

Pros:
- The handle and end pointy cap are metal and feel great.
- The sound effects and vibration are nice and are button and motion activated. It swings like a FX with new sound effects.
- The weight is nice but still good for trooping.
- The arms counter rotate out. In person it is pretty impressive if not very screen accurate.(OK, now I see I was wrong and the rotation is totally correct)

Cons:
- The retractable arms are rather loosely attached and can pop off and sometimes sit a little wonky. (see the open picture)
- The arms are bit thin and feel cheap compared to the rest of the piece.
- It takes two hands to close the arms and is best done on a table. Not sure how this will work while trooping in armor.
- There is no "off" switch. Once you activate you must wait for it to time out or open then close the arms. There must be a better way but I have not found it yet. (FOUND IT! - Hold down the button for 3 seconds)

Overall:
- It is pretty cool but needs a few mods on the arms to be more stable.
- Is it worth $200? Maybe, but I would feel happier at $175 or less due to the arm issues.

Attachments

• IMG_3948.JPG
    IMG_3948.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3947.JPG
    IMG_3947.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3945.JPG
    IMG_3945.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_3944.JPG
    IMG_3944.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_3943.JPG
    IMG_3943.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3942.JPG
    IMG_3942.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Psicorp7, the arms counter-rotate in both TEA and TLJ. The biggest issue I see is the ribbing on the arms is the TLJ number. For the TEA number of bands, one would have to do some modding.

Last edited by a moderator:
They snap out so fast it's hard to see, even slowed down. This frame is the only one I found that exhibited no optical illusion.

View attachment 831324
Huh, well you learn something new everyday when it comes to Star Wars Props!

Hasbro has the correct motion, I remember seeing a behind the scenes with the baton flipping out just like it. Let me find the vid

If you find the vid I would love to see it. I guess I always assumed they both rotated the same direction. Thanks!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back