Bandai release schedule

Having finally just finished my first R2 from the BB8 pack I was contemplating doing one of the black variants with the other I have in the R4 pack... But was concerned over the amount of fiddling I had to do to remove paint for assembly of the last one due to the tight tolerances. One made from black styrene would be a much better starting point!

@Victor3 ... P - Bandai ?

:cheersGed
Premium Bandai - produced in lower numbers to fulfill preorders. More expensive, especially if you’re outside of Japan, as few retailers offer them.

The red Geonosis battle droid pair was a P-Bandai set, up which cost about 20% more than the standard white droid + STAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Limited edition B-wing to go on sale at SD Comi-Con:

https://sdccblog.com/2018/06/bluefin-san-diego-comic-con-2018-exclusives/

Don’t turn off your targeting computer or you’ll miss this limited edition SDCC exclusive variant of the 1/72 B-Wing Star Fighter model kit! Being released for the first time anywhere in the world at SDCC, and a month before the regular edition, this set includes an LED for its engines, an alternate seated pilot figure, and different mechanical details on the body and wings, with different color markings and different color injection. Various gimmicks are used to create added realism in this model kit such as opening/closing wings, rotating cockpit and included laser effects that can be attached to the tips of the wings and can be displayed vertically as well as the choice between clear or frame parts for the canopy. A nipper or sprue cutter (sold separately) is required for assembly and does not require glue. It will ertail for $58.

BAN225799_06.jpg

Hat tip: Changkaischecky.

hmm, I wonder what the "different mechanical details on the body and wings" entails

I am not too familiar with the differences (if any) between the two studio models (orange dots vs no dots I believe as far as markings)

I'd love to see some side by side pics of the differences

hmm, I wonder what the "different mechanical details on the body and wings" entails

I am not too familiar with the differences (if any) between the two studio models (orange dots vs no dots I believe as far as markings)

I'd love to see some side by side pics of the differences

On the blue one theres an open panel on the back of the main sail....on the Orange dot one theres an open panel on the side were the main sail meets the engines

36289878_1775527609168436_7552285018865795072_n.jpg36333270_1775527985835065_4953048498695045120_n.jpg

29472586_2064713707083986_8059356292419944448_n.jpg

J

Last edited:
On the blue one theres an open panel on the back of the main sail....on the Orange dot one theres an open panel on the side were the main sail meets the engines

View attachment 827142View attachment 827143

View attachment 827144

J

Thanks for the info!

I figured it had to be something along those lines but I couldn't remember. Now I remember seeing those open panels in some of the ref photos

I would love to have a way to get the alt version without having to attend that con, especially since I was planning on getting two so I could have the orange dots and the no-dots schemes

I guess I'll just have to scratch build them for the second one

Agreed - I'd love to be able to obtain the alternate version, but flying across the country is a disproportionate cost for a slightly different model.
Hell, I live just outside Los Angeles and I wouldn't drive 2-1/2 hours to get one. Besides, I hate crowds so I won't be attending any SDCC any time soon.

Nicer pics of the SDCC version:

http://www.taghobby.com/archives/291221

You guessed it: hat tip Changkaischecky.

Thanks for sharing this edge10 ..., Damn even after all these years of admiration for Star Wars ( the OT in particular ) , it still sneaks up and surprises me as to how ‘ trendsetting ‘ and amazingly creative those guys at ILM were back in their day !

:cheersGed

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a sidebar. I'm clearing things out in my garage/shop, and if anyone wants any of my unused Bandai bits, lemme know. I'll put up a post on the JY sometime this week, but I wanted to say something here first.

20180709_134525.jpg

Bunch of open-frame, studio-model-style TIE Fighter viewports and top hatches, Y-Wing canopy, clear blaster bolts, black TIE Striker base, Jakku desert First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter base, stickers for TIE Fighter, Interceptor, Advanced x1, FO SF TIE, and Y-Wing, ANH and ROTJ Y-Wing pilot seated figures, three seated TIE pilots, and two seated (one randomly missing his left lower leg) and one standing FO TIE pilots.

Free to good home. I just want them gone.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back