wip--lukes macrobinocular kit UPDATE!! 1ST BUILD IS DONE, UPDATE ON 1ST POST

lukes macrobinocular kit

the new pics are the real lens parts, not casts. I diss assembled a 660 lens. but you can see in the beginning of this thread the last lens kit I made for reference.

Lens kit looks awesome. Going to send a Pm because I just need one instead of a set.

Last edited:
Re: Lukes anh hero macrobinocular kit build

Chris, I’d split a set with you. I want one just to play around with!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

the new plate molds are done for those who want them :D

IMG_4913[1].JPGIMG_4914[1].JPGIMG_4915[1].JPG

each plate is $10 plus shipping
the whole resin connector box kit with the female end is $55
the female end alone is $25

Last edited:
been working hard on getting some things done, this lens kit is one of them.
the kit had issues with the threading not working real well, and I had to make adjustments to every lens. I think it was due to either two different resin shrinkage differences (the main 3 pieces are same resin now) , and or possibly that the parts were molded several days apart and heat differences (metal shrinks and expands) AND possibly mix differences in the silicone. when dealing with very fine threads that HAVE to work perfectly together, any one or multiple possibilities could have been the culprit. this time I poured all the molds at the same time and a single silicone batch mix. the first pulls were absolutely perfect and function with no issues :) I'm very happy !!

this is the clear resin lens, the nice thing about this part is you can choose to or not use it, last go around it was part of the main body of the lens. I separated it this time.

IMG_4925[1].JPGIMG_4926[1].JPG

these are the 3 parts that must operate perfectly or nothing works. there are very fine reverse threads as well as pos. threads, this creates the telescoping as the lens ring is turned.

IMG_4927[1].JPG

these are all the pulls from last night, now I just need to get the smaller parts molded up. those are the easy parts :)

IMG_4928[1].JPG

this part I moded. the wall was so thin to cast, I threw away more than sold due to air bubbles and breakage as it was being pulled, it is now very thick! and pulled from the mold very easily

IMG_4929[1].JPG

@Cameron :)

Last edited:
@trooper

You mean to say that clear piece looking at Watto is cast resin?!

If so, sign me up for top of the list to replace the lenses I have :thumbsup

(And a photo of the parts layout to help put it all together.)

lukes macrobinocular kit

@trooper

You mean to say that clear piece looking at Watto is cast resin?!

If so, sign me up for top of the list to replace the lenses I have :thumbsup

(And a photo of the parts layout to help put it all together.)

I will do a partial assembly of the 3 main lens parts. most people will not know how this goes together lol, it's a bit tricky :)
I can do a video of the assembly. might be better ....?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back