My OWK the phantom menace saber

I think that this saber was also used in AOTC, just without the Pepper cap. Although, in most of the close ups we see a chromed resin casting of the TPM hero saber

From my understanding, Obi-Wan was supposed to use this lightsaber for the start of ROTS, then his modified traditional hilt would show up later in the movie. Anyway, the pepper shaker saber is the one that's been touring at exhibits.

Looks like they may have even had this on set. This picture doesn't look like a promo to me. Found this while looking for actual ROTS saber reference pics. Not sure I would have noticed it if not for this thread.

tumblr_inline_nsehawvuXP1tn59e8_1280.jpg

Thanks! I've never seen this photo. Now I'll be scanning through ROTS this weekend to see if the pepper shaker saber ever makes a cameo.

Looks like they may have even had this on set. This picture doesn't look like a promo to me. Found this while looking for actual ROTS saber reference pics. Not sure I would have noticed it if not for this thread.

View attachment 793343

For additional context, the photo that @JEDIscum posted appears to be from near the end of ROTS when Obi-Wan confronts Amidala regarding Anakin.

Last edited:
I wonder if he was supposed to lose it during Order 66, and scrape together a lightsaber for the remainder of the film

Hard to tell, Episode III was all over the place when it came to lightsabers. Half the council members swapped sabers from what they had used in the previous 2 films and then there is Palps using Anakin's hilt for part of the Windu duel and the well-known Anakin and Obi-Wan swap in their final duel.

One of these days I'll take some better pics and do a proper comparison, matching angles and such. But, until then
View attachment 791671

I took the liberty to do a comparision pic and an animated gif with the one I own.
I did what i can with lighting and angle and color correction :)

It matches if not 100%, almost! Hope you like it

static
owk compare INIGO.jpg

animated
owk-compare.gif

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back