Brain Candy Live- Adam Savage is heading out on the road again!!

Great to finally meet two of my three "broadcast science geeks". Next on my list is Bill Nye.
The show was great. Makes me wish that my nephews were older so they could have attended. (they're not even two yet)
On the other hand, my wife now wants a custom air cannon...
braincandy.jpg

Adam, I can't possibly thank you enough.

I enjoyed the show so much, you and Michael make an amazing team!! Thank you again, really, it was absolutely wonderful. Our quick chat about chrome paint was amazing and the enthusiasm you had was just absolutely radiating. I know I mentioned it at the Meet and Greet but I would love to paint one of your Kylo Ren helmets on the house.. I owe you one, and so much more!

IMG_1191.JPGIMG_1192.JPG
Sorry for the censorship, I'm a private guy but needed to share the photo.. side note, wow! Standing next to two thin guys makes me see how badly I need to get a weight loss program going! :lol

Last edited:
Hey asavage! My friends and I are sooooo looking forward to seeing your show next week in Albuquerque! Can't wait!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I attended the very first night in Fayetteville NC and absolutely loved the show. Although I have heard you upgraded the air cannon since then. I just saw this thread but we were more than happy to pay full price to attend the show.

asavage
Adam, WOW!! Thank you SO MUCH for the tickets, autographs, and VIP badges. The show was AMAZING! So educational and entertaining. You and Michael are totally on point with this one. I am so excited that things like this exist and are gaining popularity to help inspire more people to get excited about science.
It was super great to get to go on stage and participate in the Bernoulli's principle demonstration, and I thoroughly enjoyed getting you meet you and Michael. It was also super awesome to be able to "talk shop" with you for the quick 10 seconds we had with you guys while taking photos. I loved that even though it was a very short meeting, the conversation instantly went to weathering props (my R2) to give them more personality and backstory.
Thank you so much! My wife, son, and I had the best time and that is a memory we'll always cherish.

17554420_10212122564003953_3849158345331405501_n.jpg

asavage
Can't say thank you enough for the tickets, passes, autographs, and meet greet last night! Not to mention hosting a mini gathering for some of us DFW based RPFers.

The show was wonderful! We talked about it the whole way home last night. I scored some major "Dad" points with this event!

IMG_2484.JPG

Adam, I can't possibly thank you enough.

I enjoyed the show so much, you and Michael make an amazing team!! Thank you again, really, it was absolutely wonderful. Our quick chat about chrome paint was amazing and the enthusiasm you had was just absolutely radiating. I know I mentioned it at the Meet and Greet but I would love to paint one of your Kylo Ren helmets on the house.. I owe you one, and so much more!

View attachment 715345View attachment 715346
Sorry for the censorship, I'm a private guy but needed to share the photo.. side note, wow! Standing next to two thin guys makes me see how badly I need to get a weight loss program going! :lol
I like that you are in Orlando but did not go to the Orlando show.

There isn't a stop for the show in Seattle this time around, but Adam's team awesomely let me gift passes to my sister-in-law so she can take my niece and nephew. They're going this Saturday and I absolutely can't wait to see their faces in the pictures I was promised. Thanks, Adam, for helping me secure "Best Aunt Ever" status again!

Sitting here during intermission at the mesa show.

Adam if you see this it was really cool for you to hook the rpf up like this. The vip passes are a nice little perk.

Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My family went to the Tucson show Saturday and they had an absolute blast. Thank you again. The smiles on my niece and nephew's faces were wonderful to see.

Although I know that the tour must be exhausting, I sincerely hope that it keeps going. I firmly believe that engaging and encouraging intellectual and scientific curiosity in the next generation is the only hope we'll have of any sort of recovery from what the current administration is bent on doing to the environment.

Last edited:
I'm pretty excited for the show this Friday in Santa Rosa. To be honest I haven't been paying much attention to any articles or hype about it, want to go in completely surprised. No matter what I'll put my money on it being something I'd like to see again.

I took my son to the Mesa show on April 2nd. Thank you @asavage for the tickets. Very classy. I wasn't expecting such amazing seats and the Meet and Greet VIP passes were such a wonderful bonus. My son is a huge fan and was completely starstruck. The show was so fun and VERY educational. We can't wait for the next tour!

PS: Thanks for the Rocketeer harness tip.

@asavage Thank you so much for the tickets and including our little 9 year old maker. She was so thrilled to give you the BB8 she made. She came home and couldn't sleep because she wanted to do "experiments". She kept asking us to make smoke for her. lol

If the sum of a man is the positive impact on future generations then well done sir! You have inspired a mind.

BTW The noise the audience made on the big smoke ring was so cool!!!

I was bummed when BrainCandy came to Detroit on a day I was working this past March. The nephew and I had such a great time at the Mythbusters show that we were waiting for the next opportunity to see Adam again live...

I'm hopeful there's something coming along in the near future. The kid's getting older and I'm not sure just how much longer he's gonna wanna hang around with Uncle.

I can't stress what a fun experience getting to see and meet Adam and Jaime was - the nephew was always a Mythbusters fan and his mind was blown. If we're able, we will be at all the future events, we might not be in the front rows, but we will be there!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back