x-wing drawings?

Did anyone make an accurate drawing of the wing patterns, outside and inside?

i'm currently consolidating all my x-wing files and getting rid of all the old stuff as i work on a final 2s and 3d version of plans and model.

here's a 3d .dwg of everything but the fuselage. some of the parts in this version go back almost 3 years, but its the most complete CAD version i have at the moment.

7.0_01.1a.dwg - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I saw this on the "One Stop" thread and since it's more or less what I'm looking for, figured it would be easier to ask here:

I saw that there were some blueprints drawn up for bits in pieces (mostly the fuselage), but did anyone ever assemble a full set (fuselage, wings both inner and exterior, engine nacelles, etc.)?

Almost a year gone by and no updates? Looking for some nice blueprints of the X-Wing. I'm helping a friend out with a fan-film and I'm tasked with 3d modeling any of the X-Wing fighters.

Wanted to say love the post. I have uploaded some X-wing. Drawings that I am currently using for my 1/12 build. I take no credit for the drawings. I downloaded them a while ago and give congrats to the Jedi Master who created them, I hope these help.View attachment 576186View attachment 576186

Nice work. You've got the front landing gear mechanism, but any chance of seeing an update with the main landing gear as well?

Those drawings are sweet. It's interesting in that page 2 shows how the ship, when broken down, should be transported in 40ft containers. Does anyone know if these are drawings for a fan/group build?

Thanks. I can't find any more drawings on the landing gear. Her are a couple of Ref. Pic's I found on this site. Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

attachment.jpgattachment.php.jpg

Man, I'm ready to cry ! All these great threads gutted by missing pictures. I know it goes all the way back to 2010 but wow. These threads are stickied and awesome, but isn't there a better way to store pictures. I mean 75% of the post had a picture or pictures, now nothing but broken image icons. I'm so sad, (; Oh well what can ya do ?

Last edited:
Okay, so I've plowed through the entire thread. I didn't see any comment on the Star Wars: the Blueprints book, which in its slightly smaller reproduction is now affordable. Admittedly, this book is of limited use, because the more detailed drawings are aimed at building full size set pieces. There are a couple of drawings aimed at the FX miniatures shop, but those are only rough outlines.

There is also the poster set Star Wars Blueprints: Rebel Edition (note different location of the colon), which I looked through, but its somewhat cartoonish depiction makes me wonder at how well researched it is. Its depiction of the location of the landing gear for the Tantive IV does not match the semi-canonical (e.g. Star Wars: Rebels, Clone Wars) references, and IMHO is based entirely on the CR70's landing gear, so I am leery of using it as a solid reference for anything, especially the X-wing.

Am I reading the wrong thread? Otherwise, any comment by T-65 experts would be appreciated, as that I am contemplating a 2 footer scratch build.

There are no drawings that I've ever seen or heard of that will duplicate the studio scale x-wing. The closest thing you'd get as reference would be to buy a kit and study/copy what its dimensions are.

There "were" many awesome drawings in this thread. Many based on all the kit variants available out there. Alas they are missing due to the lousy photo storing sites. All of the great drawings are now gone. I may have saved many of them somewhere, I'll have to look and see. Knowing which pics come from which posts is not possible . I wish people would take better care of where they post their pictures. Threads like these are priceless when they are intact. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say. Nobody can know when a photo storage site will go belly up, or when your album will be lost for whatever reason. I always try to store on the forum directly if possible. But that might not have been available when this thread was started. I'll see if I can find any of the pics I saved. I won't know where they go, but maybe somebody will.

These photos are from my Salzo V4 build. I replaced the kit parts with custom made brass struts but with original pads. Their authenticity is so and so, they resemble the full size struts but are in no way measured for accuracy.

I agree on the recent posts about the dead photo links. It's annoying. But I guess without rebuilding the entire RPF site there is very little that can be done about that.

Thanks. I can't find any more drawings on the landing gear. Her are a couple of Ref. Pic's I found on this site. Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

View attachment 576946View attachment 576947

These photos are from my Salzo V4 build. I replaced the kit parts with custom made brass struts but with original pads. Their authenticity is so and so, they resemble the full size struts but are in no way measured for accuracy.

I agree on the recent posts about the dead photo links. It's annoying. But I guess without rebuilding the entire RPF site there is very little that can be done about that.

Yep this is true. But hopefully in the future people will upload their photos here and hopefully they will stay around longer. People could actually reload their pictures to the thread, hint, hint ;-) I do on my threads if I can remember what I posted.

Anyone know of some good, film-accurate schematics for the S-foils (preferably both versions of the forward facing outboard the engine cowling)? I'd found a good set sourced directly off the fuselage of one of the hero models, but that was all it had. I'm leery of trusting a lot of the material out there because there's quite a few proven inaccuracies in officially-released blueprints.

Anyone know of some good, film-accurate schematics for the S-foils (preferably both versions of the forward facing outboard the engine cowling)? I'd found a good set sourced directly off the fuselage of one of the hero models, but that was all it had. I'm leery of trusting a lot of the material out there because there's quite a few proven inaccuracies in officially-released blueprints.

See post #226, there is a link to a PDF that has what you are looking for.

See post #226, there is a link to a PDF that has what you are looking for.

It's a nice reference, but I'm seeing a number of areas that don't appear to match with the effects models.

IE in the studio effects models there's a small gap between the S-foils when closed, with a raised lip around the lower surface of the engine cowling that's not present here. The forward facing of the shield projector boxes also extends forward of the leading edge of the wing, (missing here) and the blueprints show a flat leading edge rather than what appears to be either a chamfer or a notch on the effects model.

Some of this could be accounted for in differences between the effects model and full-scale set mockup, but the most this really helps for me is general proportions (which I already have fairly close to begin with).

Did the computer color corrected ILM pics of Red Five ever become widely available or are they still taboo?

Sorry about the big bump but I had to ask. Does anyone know exactly what is taboo about these pictures? I also read on the modelermagic website that the pictures there (presumably from ILM during production) of the red five model were taken down due to the "commotion" they caused. I'm not really familiar with this, what about them is so controversial? I would have thought that the more historical reference available the better.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back