Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but the more I've thought about it I can't get over how much the characters Rian Johnson added(Rose, DJ and Admiral Whatever) were completely useless and detrimental to the movie. If you take their storylines out and focus more on Rey/Luke/Kylo/Snoke you have a much more compelling(and probably much shorter) movie. You could've had Finn and Poe team up instead of having the Poe/Admiral conflict and the horrible Finn/Rose mission which also added in the useless character of DJ. Also, maybe they could have found a way to better utilize Phasma instead of giving her a couple of throwaway scenes and a Fett-like death.

I know plenty of people criticized JJ for Force Awakens(I was not one of them), but at least most of the new characters he added to the saga were interesting and/or cool. The 3 that Johnson brought on were 3 of the worst characters in SW history as far as I'm concerned.

... Anyway, thats my take. Continue on with the hatefest. Just waiting for someone to post how Disney has destroyed their childhood. I bet GL is laughing his ass off right now.

oh, come on.... It's not a "hatefest" because people are disappointed in it. I may have missed it but i haven't seen any coments on this thread where people say the hate the movie. Almost everyone I've seen have said they enjoyed at least a few aspects of it. The mentality that if someone criticizes something than they're a "hater" is utterly disgusting.

Luke's light saber showed her a vision of her parents flying away in a space ship. What was that, if her parents were filthy junk collectors?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Now come on..(Luke Leia).. we all know who Rey's parents are.. junk collector was just a deceitful BS.

Oh where to begin... I went into this film thinking we were going to get something with depth, emotion, and answers. Instead it was just a giant mess. The opening scene with Poe... so stupid. What is with the idea that films NEED comedy all of a sudden? Seriously, it made me cringe. I had hoped that was the last of it.
Then we get to see Luke. Rey holding his saber. Luke taking it and tossing it over his shoulder. Some audience laughter. But come on. They took a beautiful scene from TFA and turned it into a punchline.
Milking a creature on the coast. Dumb.
Porgs. DUMB
Just so much of this movie was a waste. I have no idea what is going on at Lucasfilm and Disney but it is like they could give a crap about what real fans WANT to see. Instead they are just making it up as they go.
Again another movie without a significant lightsaber battle.
They had the absolute perfect opportunity to kill Leia off but no. Lets have her now be space ghost Leia.
Instead lets kill off Luke.
And now what do they do about Leia? I assume they held back footage of her to use in the third film.
But we got literally no answers about anything. And no real cliffhanger for the next film.
I found myself mentally comparing this movie to Revenge of the Sith while I was watching it. And I really am trying to figure out WHY the prequels are looked down upon so much. At least the end of ROTS felt like Star Wars. I was sad and happy at the end of ROTS.
This movie just made me sad. Sad for the fact that Disney simply doesn't get it.

Can someone please share their thoughts on kylo killing snoke... I just can’t bring myself to believe snoke couldn’t see this coming..

Snoke having the power to bridge minds, fake force visions in Rey... and he can’t see or feel kylo using the force to turn the lightsaber and finish him off...

I’m so tired of hearing over confidence...

Anyone else have sun info to go by to help me get through this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although it seems a bit meh as it happens you have answered your own question... Snoke gives a commentary on his own demise and they make sure you hear it clear.
It's just misdirection on Kylos part twirling both sabers at once and filling his mind with hatred.

I know what you are saying but that's all that happened.

The one thing this movie was lacking, was...... MORE COWBELLS!!!:lol

All seriousness, does anyone know the reason for Porgs?..other than merchandise,,,, did i miss something? will they be like Ewoks in the next IX? and start fighting like gremlins?

Luke's light
saber showed her a vision of her parents flying away in a space ship. What was that, if her parents were filthy junk collectors?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Not only that the ship was a direct copy of a ship Luke used for a while in the older comics .

Still I'm sure it all means nothing !

Even if they came up with all the answers in the next attempt it might be a too little too late kind of thing.

Where the first order gets its unlimited funding is my big question at this point .
Pretty sure the answer is it don't matter just like the rest of the big questions we all had .
I just don't understand how they thought it was a good idea to have one person ask 15 questions in one movie the then let some one else answer or ignore them in the next .

When J.,k..Rowling's had a hit book they didn't say that's great not let's have Dean Koontz write the next one !

Last edited:
Oh where to begin... I went into this film thinking we were going to get something with depth, emotion, and answers. Instead it was just a giant mess. The opening scene with Poe... so stupid. What is with the idea that films NEED comedy all of a sudden? Seriously, it made me cringe. I had hoped that was the last of it.
Then we get to see Luke. Rey holding his saber. Luke taking it and tossing it over his shoulder. Some audience laughter. But come on. They took a beautiful scene from TFA and turned it into a punchline.
Milking a creature on the coast. Dumb.
Porgs. DUMB
Just so much of this movie was a waste. I have no idea what is going on at Lucasfilm and Disney but it is like they could give a crap about what real fans WANT to see. Instead they are just making it up as they go.
Again another movie without a significant lightsaber battle.
They had the absolute perfect opportunity to kill Leia off but no. Lets have her now be space ghost Leia.
Instead lets kill off Luke.
And now what do they do about Leia? I assume they held back footage of her to use in the third film.
But we got literally no answers about anything. And no real cliffhanger for the next film.
I found myself mentally comparing this movie to Revenge of the Sith while I was watching it. And I really am trying to figure out WHY the prequels are looked down upon so much. At least the end of ROTS felt like Star Wars. I was sad and happy at the end of ROTS.
This movie just made me sad. Sad for the fact that Disney simply doesn't get it.

This sums it up well.

I’ve spent the last few years defending TFA. While fully acknowledging it was ripping off ANH, and that Starkiller Base was kinda a weak idea, I felt in the grand scheme of things, these things served the greater good of re-establishing the Star Wars feel of the OT that the PT never reclaimed

JJ has always been a mixed bag for me. While I hate his “mystery box” (or rather his desire to never solve said mysteries) if there’s one thing he rules at, it’s capturing a feel. After he nailed that 80s Amblin feel with Super 8, I felt like TFA was in good hands. To me, those feels were the most important thing. I was willing to look past the plot danglers because it felt right, and I thought Rian would be able to weave those danglers into a new and interesting story

Instead, Rian/TLJ seemed more interested in either obliterating, ignoring, or simply doing away with those plot danglers. It seems like they were a chore to him, in the way of a story he wanted to tell. He had this Rey/Luke/Kylo story, that I quite liked, but literally everything else was treated as if it were filler or a chore. I’d also argue that TLJ doesn’t have the same feels that TFA did. It’s not a PT style vacuous hole, but it’s not as magical.

That’s 100% made TFA less impactful in terms of the larger story. And now, where I wasn’t before, I’m legit worried about JJ coming back for the next one. This is how I felt with his Star Trek films. The first one recaptured the fun and adventure that Trek had lost, and for the next trip out he had a blank slate— so what does he do? Tr

I absolutely loved it. Then again I will never complain about seeing anything Star Wars related on the big screen. I thought after episode 3 it was over. But thankfully, Star Wars is back and doesn't appear to be leaving anytime soon. I can't say anything bad about TLJ. Tears started when Luke reunites with R2 and didn't really stop the rest of the movie. Keep 'em coming Disney. Don't stop.

Toy store shelves will be filled with Rose and Admiral Holdo figures as peg-warmers.

Worst SW characters ever...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ackbar should have never died. They needed him in what could have been a major story arc to engineer the biggest trap ever made for the first order.

RIP, Admiral. :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What the hell was that, I even thought they were going to have the kid take off on the broomstick.
What have they done to the Star Wars I loved!

Last edited:
I heard on the radio that TLJ made 12 million LESS on opening day than TFA and that 'Studio Insiders don't know why."

I can tell them exactly why!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back