Finished The Eighth Passenger

Finally an ALIEN head with a dome made as the original.
View attachment 733039

absolutely!!! just my thoughts. by the way... what do you think of the new movie? I have to say: big disappointment. even though my expectations were really low after prometheus. and also the worst cgi aliens I ve seen. anyway, every time I see your statues I have to think of the sano statue. most perfect thing done so far :thumbsup

absolutely!!! just my thoughts. by the way... what do you think of the new movie? I have to say: big disappointment. even though my expectations were really low after prometheus. and also the worst cgi aliens I ve seen. anyway, every time I see your statues I have to think of the sano statue. most perfect thing done so far :thumbsup

Thanks Alienbuilder!

Suspicion and terror were missed. The monster must be confused with the darkness and see only with a lightning light between the structures, move like a threatening spectrum, make his breath feel unseen, stretch the skeletal hand to grab someone in the dark, otherwise it becomes like any normal animal Fierce, a bear, a lion. A monster must be much more disturbing and mystical than an animal. Would I have done better to myself? With the means available to Riddley, I probably will, because I understand these things. Jokes apart, maybe James Cameron would do better.

See this thread:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=150580&page=46&highlight=*Alien*

Hello aliens brothers, it is rising desire to recolor my alien. In the picture, the one on the right is current. These are the basic colors, but I will also increase the differences between light and dark. I also accept tips, such as basic colors other than these. What color do you like the most?
ALIEN COLORS.jpg

Last edited:
I like him how he is but a colour change cant hurt :)
Isn't it about time you started on the next one? Maybe Alien 3 or covenant?

Thank you Leigh. No, I can not build it anymore. I no longer have an area and time to work. Several people have also asked for copies, people willing to spend 9,000 euros, but I can not. Now I have fun with mountainbike sports. The only thing I can do is change the color because I'm not convinced of the current one.

ALIEN ANIMATION.gif

Last edited:
Its a real shame you wont be doing any more, your a talented guy & I'd like to see some more from you :)

Perhaps you'll pick it up again in the not too distant future :)

I tried the color. I'm close to what I thought, even though the one in the picture is warmer. Being clearer than the previous one, I see better details. Unfortunately, the transparent matte paint on the market is not sufficiently opaque and will increase the reflection and will return to be less visible details. I did a transparent paint test in some areas, as in left hand. Not good! Does anyone know a very opaque transparent paint, or a method to reduce the final reflex? Thanks in advance.

Before and After repainting.

Alien Before After repaint.jpg

20171126_213455.jpg

ALIEN NUOVO COLORE.jpg

Color hypotheses obtained with GIMP software
testa repainted.jpg

ALIEN LATO.jpg

I have noticed that the smartphone camera is unable to capture real colors. So I modified them with GIMP to try to reproduce them. They are about this, the yellow nuances instead I have to decide whether to
add them and whether they will be yellow or another color. I would like to get a pretty cadaveric effect.ALIEN NUOVO COLORE AZZURRINO.jpg

ALIEN LATO AZZURRINO.jpg

20171126_213455.jpg

ALIEN NUOVO COLORE.jpg

Alien Before After repaint.jpg

testa repainted.jpg

ALIEN LATO.jpg

ALIEN NUOVO COLORE AZZURRINO.jpg

ALIEN LATO AZZURRINO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is such a sexy pic!!! Get some Alclad Chrome on those teeth ;)
Thanks Leigh. being very tall, I had never photographed the head in lateral view. the perspective from below made the head look different from what it was supposed to be. with these photos I managed to show how it really is. yes, I was going to revive his teeth with chrome paint.

Wonderful work indeed,you and Leigh really are the masters with this monster,the attention to detail and "feel" of the Alien is bang on and the variations on colour work are lovely and very interesting to see,thanks for showing us.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back