Westworld Man in Black LeMat

yep as soon as we really have some stuff to show. right now we have the lemat holster cut and sewn and the main belt cut. i will post here and in my MIB westworld build thread.

here are some reference pics. it is hard to get super high res pics of his belt.

mibss6_1.jpg

mibss1_1.jpg

mibss3_1.jpg

mibss4.jpg

man%20in%20black%20ed%20harris%20westworld.png

Last edited:
There is a theme park / Hollywood style theme with all the props and set dressing vs historically accurate. The LeMat carries this theme with its build. The theme style of everything ties everything together as Westworld is basically a theme park.

On a side note, any prior Deadwood fans should notice the main town is Deadwood. The main bar/brothel is also seen in Django Unchained as well as many other films and tv series being that its Melody Ranch. A perfect setting as the original Melody Ranch was the location many westerns were filmed back in the day.

finished belt ,, it is pretty close except it is wider than the screen used one and i need to add the band with rivets behind the buckle side of the belt. i went 3 inches wide. i think it is around 2 1/2 inches or 2 3/4 inches.

the shotgun loops are as close as i can get from the available reference pics. they bare 20 gauge brass shotgun shells.
20170126_202115.jpg

20170126_201900.jpg

There is guy on esty selling 3 d printed lemats kits that look pretty good. 90 bucks for a kit. I ordered one. The sellers name is habiteerWorkshop. Just search lemat on esty and you will fine it. I ordered one and will post pics when I get it.

mrbungle Great find! It's even in a bunch of separate pieces like it should be. Something else I'll have to save up for in the future. I've been wanting to make a custom blaster/raygun based off the LeMat, and this'll be a nice alternative to use as a prototype until I'm ready to work on a real reproduction. Looking forward to your pics and opinion on the kit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting mrbungle, held off on a denix for just this reason. They are expensive here in Australia.

Looking forward to your review, my only concern is the lack of checkering on the grips. Would that be an easy fix?

got my parts for the denix conversion. i bent the spur trigger guard open a little more. glad the denix metal is super soft. pretty easy conversion.

Not a lot of options open to me as I'm in the UK, it's unlikely I'll come by the correct trigger guard and for the lanyard ring I've had to make do with adapting a sink chain attachment!
It'll be good to see how it looks with the final finish. It's surprising how shiny the Denix can be, and it'd be a shame to lose that.

image1(1).JPG

where did you pick up that laynard?

- - - Updated - - -

Not a lot of options open to me as I'm in the UK, it's unlikely I'll come by the correct trigger guard and for the lanyard ring I've had to make do with adapting a sink chain attachment!
It'll be good to see how it looks with the final finish. It's surprising how shiny the Denix can be, and it'd be a shame to lose that.

View attachment 720097

you should be able to buy the trigger guard from taylor co.

the printed lemat that i got off of esty is smaller than the replica one.

on a side note...don;t drink and look at crap on gunbroker. bought a navy/peitta lemat with correct everything but the cylinder. i payed about 300 more than i wanted.. but such is life.. here is the link the pistol i picked up. i think this is the model they used to do the blank firing conversion. most newer lemat firing replicas have engraving on the cylinders and barrel.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/637819771

Plus the hammer is different. This one doesn't have the adjustable hammer. I'm a bit of noob at conversions. Does anybody know what hammer and bits are needed to do the swap properly. I just assumed doing cylinder conversion was out of the question and custom to the show. Is there a conversion available from the show for shells?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Plus the hammer is different. This one doesn't have the adjustable hammer. I'm a bit of noob at conversions. Does anybody know what hammer and bits are needed to do the swap properly. I just assumed doing cylinder conversion was out of the question and custom to the show. Is there a conversion available from the show for shells?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

check with taylor and co. they sell all the parts for the lemat and would think the correct hammer with the flip hammer for the shotgun center barrel.

the printed lemat that i got off of esty is smaller than the replica one.

on a side note...don;t drink and look at crap on gunbroker. bought a navy/peitta lemat with correct everything but the cylinder. i payed about 300 more than i wanted.. but such is life.. here is the link the pistol i picked up. i think this is the model they used to do the blank firing conversion. most newer lemat firing replicas have engraving on the cylinders and barrel.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/637819771

She's a beaut!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back