sticky grips on Master Replicas ANH Luke saber

How did you get rid?

Per what JKNO stated. I sprayed the grips with GooGone, waited and wiped away the residue with q-tips and a soft cotton rag. I removed 95 % of the stickiness off and did it a second time to ensure it was gone.

Per what JKNO stated. I sprayed the grips with GooGone, waited and wiped away the residue with q-tips and a soft cotton rag. I removed 95 % of the stickiness off and did it a second time to ensure it was gone.

Sorry I've never heard of GooGone and I thought you meant Goo Gone :lol

I'm not sure if it means anything but the only MRs I have are battle-ready converted FXs that the kids wack each other with on a regular basis, but I've never had a degradation issue and I live in a very humid environment. Whatever coating hasn't been worn off by kid hands is holding up like a champ... :/

I used alcohol pads. The Luke FX saber cleaned up after just a few pads. The FX Vader took a lot more.. like 10-15.

I have also experienced similar issues with the MR ST:Star Trek: The Next Generation phaser grip and the butt plate of a P90 Mauri Airsoft. Alcohol pads worked every time and as stated, once the rubber broke down and was wiped off, the problem does not return.

Just wondering if this goes for all MR lightsaber products....FX and static limited editions

Yes, it goes for all MR sabers which have ABS t-tracks with rubber coating, no matter if LE hilts of FX. It was already discussed in the links I posted above.

Yes, it goes for all MR sabers which have ABS t-tracks with rubber coating, no matter if LE hilts of FX. It was already discussed in the links I posted above.

Thanks for that and apologies as I hadn't checked the links out but will do now :thumbsup

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back