eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

There are no more extreme shipping fees than what EFX chose for my country. Guess if I Iived on the moon could have had better shipping fees.
They lag on everything else -- maybe they never got the memo Papa Niki's gone and you guys no longer need to be punished for having a totalitarian dictator...? *shrug*

Quoting the post below, make it visible.

BTW I had a response back from Disney Licensing and it sounds like they know this is starting to become a real issue. Apparently they are discussing customer quality concerns with EFX - and also working with them to put a statement out on the Legend.

They're keen to hear feedback etc. so if anyone wants Disney Licensing's contact info then pm me.

Cheers

Jez

That post was from almost 10 years ago. Stalk much?
And at that time, no company producing licensed sw props, costumes, statues or toys were interested in trying to reach that high a level of accuracy.
Some people either weren't around, or forget what it was like back then. Full out idealization ruled the land.
And yes, the scout helmet is super accurate even considering the compromises that were made. Still more accurate than any fan sculpt and if it weren't for RS (which even though very nice also has some accuracy issues), would be the only chance most people would have at getting anything with pedigree tied to the actual production.
These are mass produced licensed collectibles. There is always going to be a level of compromise you have to accept compared to an actual film prop. If you can't understand that then you really have no understanding about how manufacturing on a large scale in China works.
The best you could hope for is for there to be someone like me who actually cares enough to push for them to be as good as they can. And I can promise you no one would push harder. So you can trust that the scout was pushed to the max capacity of what a factory could turn out. Do I wish it could have been pushed further? Of course. Accepting the limits of what a factory can do is hard, especially for someone like me but thats just the hard reality.
And when all things are considered, it turned out pretty damn amazing. I can understand being disappointed with the compromises, but to act like its trash because of them just goes to show how utterly spoiled we have become as prop collectors. Which is a good thing as well as bad. And I'm sure I'm partially to blame for being such an accuracy nut.
At the time of that old post (almost 10 years ago) I would have sold a kidney for the chance to own a replica of the scout as good as the EFX, and so would have everyone else.
Skip ahead to the present and it's still mind-blowing that we have access to replicas of this caliber.

bece48f9ec0e31d2d226856d630f6cef.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally recieved my Scout and apology Vader today. It has all of the same issues as the others although it seems to close even less. Luckily it doesn't have any defects. It feels solid and looks nice but i do not think it is worth the 700 dollars as it is. But looking at it in eye hight with the rest of my collection i think it looks pretty good.

20180517_135652.jpg20180517_135935.jpg

Last edited:
Finally recieved my Scout and apology Vader today. It has all of the same issues as the others although it seems to close even less. Luckily it doesn't have any defects. It feels solid and looks nice but i do not think it is worth the 700 dollars as it is. But looking at it in eye hight with the rest of my collection i think it looks pretty good.

View attachment 817570View attachment 817572

Nice collection, & display! :thumbsup

So what is the course of action for people who preordered and put a deposit down for the Legend? I've seen these selling on ebay, so how long have they been done and sent out? I sent an email a week ago to efx and haven't gotten a response.

So what is the course of action for people who preordered and put a deposit down for the Legend? I've seen these selling on ebay, so how long have they been done and sent out? I sent an email a week ago to efx and haven't gotten a response.

The ones you have seen are the fiberglass LE or "Limited Edition". No word on the PVC "Legend". Sorry. :(

The funny is this line;

"If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to contact us..."

I mean really! Now we're just writing hocus pocus into our newsletter..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back