My heiland saber builds! 2018

grenater

Hi RPF members! Some time ago I purchased 2 vintage heiland flashes in an eBay listing, a 3-cell and a 2-cell. Perfect for a first time saber builder. They have been on the back burner for some time but recently I wanted to start it back up. Here's the progress so far:
4887b1aeac29f479ad0fdd38877ebed6.jpg
e4d7074917ec5980c38baae08a74b4e5.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the results. The shroud is 3d printed by a seller on Etsy, the clamp is from TCSS, d-ring is a found part and the thumbscrew from the stock heiland shroud. I've painted the end cap black. I've tried to weather all the parts to meet the aesthetic of the flash tube itself as well to match the ESB/ROTJ saber. Here's some more pictures:
91a13021981d3cdc6bec7cb107681bdc.jpg
654ff4e5f27ce01423d9a5e261fe8999.jpg
09b6cf219ee08b5e3ed2fa8e29d9b4b3.jpg
I'll post some pictures of the t-track later tonight, I still need to figure out the bulb release and wires, any ideas? Also how do you go about converting the ANH clamp lever to ESB? Thanks for looking! And feel free to leave comments, questions, and advice. Thanks to Chaim (sym cha) for helping me with some of my questions back when I was purchasing them.

Last edited:
Very nice, Ill be starting a Heiland build myself soon. Flashguns in the mail and I just placed a pre-order for Romans repro shroud and clamp. If your doing ESB the bulb release and wires can be had at Wannawanga. The shops closed at the moment but will be open again around the 15th I think. Ill definately be getting the bulb release and a set of grips

That's absolutely a nice upgrade of that Heiland into an MPP look-a-like Vader lightsaber ... well done :)

Chaïm

Excellent build so far! Check out what Roy offers at wannawanga.com. There's loads of good stuff there. :thumbsup
You're off to a great start!

This is is my ESB Heiland saber I built. It was my first build.
20171226_233633.jpg

Very nice, Ill be starting a Heiland build myself soon. Flashguns in the mail and I just placed a pre-order for Romans repro shroud and clamp. If your doing ESB the bulb release and wires can be had at Wannawanga. The shops closed at the moment but will be open again around the 15th I think. Ill definately be getting the bulb release and a set of grips

I look forward to seeing it! Even though heilands aren't technically correct, there is still something special about them. I think since there so old they have a look that can't be replicated.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back