Upside-down Kobold?

I take Scott’s word on the small screws only being added sometime on or around Dagobah as 100% true purely in recognizing his wealth of knowledge.

I will add that it makes sense to me within the context of these scenes. The scenes in question where I think this saber really started to get messed up are when Luke jumps out of his X wing, into the water, climbs ashore, and then runs after the ejected R2. I’m also pretty sure these were some of the last to be filmed. It would seem logical to me then when Mark jumps into the water, the corresponding upward force of the water on the saber might start to loosen or displace the grips, which is why they were added in those spots at the very end. If you watch the scene in the movie, Mark also climbs up onto the land kind of banging the saber into the ground a bunch of times which would lead me to speculate that the lever may have become caught on something and subsequently damaged requiring a screw to hold it in place.

Again, I take Scott’s word on this matter as fundamentally true requiring no additional evidence or explanation; this is just my purely-for-fun best guess as to how this may have possibly played out.

It makes me feel so much more at ease knowing its not a hero. the grips are terrible on this saber, some of them dont even look remotely like Ts anymore

agree with ya buddy, it makes more sense being a stunt with the shape those grips are in.. still wonder how the hell they got that way...

- - - Updated - - -

is it safe to say the dark side cave was NOT filmed where the dagobah set was filmed. i remember reading that the dark side cave is the bespin halls covered in roots and moss.

I wonder if this is just a pose for a publicity shot or for real filming because the lens of that camera is only capturing white Wampa fur up close :wacko

Chaïm

I think it might be real. After checking, it appears this one cave sequence was shot over a period of 4 days by both Kershner and Kurtz directing first and second units, respectively.

Apparently, they had already shot this scene in some capacity, but Kershner was unhappy with it and re-story boarded the entire thing to do over.

They were already behind schedule, so allegedly Kershner directed first unit for one full day and then moved on to direct other scenes while Kurtz directed second unit which spent another 3 days on this one scene.

Thought that was really interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have a clear picture of the correct bottom we need for the dagobah saber? I’m going cross eyed in confusion now

I think the pictures you want are just the known ones of the ranch saber and the new one Gino shared. I posted both again just for sake of ease. I *think* it boils down to the following for a Dagobah variant:

- A patented folmer (as Gino has definitively matched the ranch saber bottom with one used filming Dagobah)
- notched grips with (black and/or rusted?)screws
- black screws at top of each grip on right side only?
- empty socket behind bunny ears,
- red button in front socket
- normal chrome tape
- and the Kobold in the normal config with standard ESB D ring (as its seen everywhere and clearly intended to be).

Someone please check my summary - especially the screw colors and whether the top screws are only on one side.

Once again a huge thank you to Gino for this awesome picture!

323ecf149bec2f107b22f147413f094a.jpg
dab789fc54d5ef8edaf49e4c194d7c31.jpg

Sorry MS, I meant the correct bottom on a normal Vintage Graflex. With out the kobold on it, so I can see what it looks like from factory.

I am confused with the folmer, Folmer patent, and NY Rochester versions

Sorry MS, I meant the correct bottom on a normal Vintage Graflex. With out the kobold on it, so I can see what it looks like from factory.

I am confused with the folmer, Folmer patent, and NY Rochester versions

Oh my bad. Well, someone double check my summary anyway! haha.

There’s the bottom of one. Check out Scott’s Graflex guide too. Lots of pics there.

2d32f1749a8460da1748b971df8088e0.jpg

Where the heck was this?! I read Scott’s whole thread again this morning! I’m really losing my mind

Thank you ms, I appreciate it. This is exactly what I was looking for

As for the dagobah screws and when they were added I don't know for certain. I just know they only show up on the one saber bottom can... then eventually is the only one left in the archives directly connected to ESB that we know of. And that's just the one part that we can match. The rest of that saber, as seen on set, can't be matched to anything that's out there today. At least in photos I've seen so far.

I still think there were likely at least two belt hangers. There's plenty of evidence to show some of their distinct qualities.

The wampanoag cave close up saber, looks to me to be the main belt hanger we see MOST of the time. I Swear there was a video somewhere showing it in action... I can't for the life of me find it again though.

Had to run and grab some stuff at the hardware store today. While I was there I found these cute little guys

687a64fd3e5721a02914deab959a4d26.jpg

I still don’t know if they are flat heads or pan heads

Danny must have meant the Graflex facts vs replica thread:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144206

I meant Scott’s Graflex thread regarding vintage vs replicas (and all the differences between them) when I mentioned it to Halliwax since he said he he wanted more info on the Graflex types. Sorry if that was confusing.

But, definitely - both Seth’s lightsaber guidebook and Scott’s Graflex thread are my go-to resources on a regular basis!

Anyone got a high res pic of this? This was posted in another thread. I can’t link because I’m on my iPod. But it shows what is to believe the dagobah saber! The poster of the pic explained for some reason they had Hamill take more ANH promo pictures while filming ESB.

Is it me or does it look like this saber has the v3 clamp on it? Looks like holes at the top of the clamp no?

Again I’m viewing from my little screen, can’t wait to see this sucker

Maybe we can see if this has the flip clip?
4beb74aac83991ffc36f220a36d7d687.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back