Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (Post-release)

That video is crazy!!! It's pretty awesome how much fun Marvel can make things and still be cool.
If DC tried this it would come off as contrived and fake.

That is really sad. Don't really watch anything with Faris, but I really like Pratt. 8 yrs is not much time to be together.

In Hollywood it is.

Watched it again (Steelbook Blu-Ray) a couple of times.

Towards the climax where Peter is having flashbacks to his relationships there's the shot of Peter flying with Rocket laughing together which always makes me laugh. Was that an intentional parody of the 1978 Superman and Lois Lane flying sequence? Even if not it's still funny just because they just look ridiculous.
And, true to form, James Gunn makes the next shot of Yondu mentoring kid Quill, a scene which hits me right in the heart.

It's amazing that the last 10 minutes of the film was just a number of closing emotional character arcs without any action which shouldn't work but does.
Yondu's death, Peter's eulogy, Gamora's reconciliation with Nebula, Yondu's cremation, Kraglin and Peter sharing thoughts and "gifts", Peter playing "Father and Son" for baby Groot then the entire ravager funeral.

The ravager funeral itself was wonderfully written:

Rocket: "He didn't chase him away, even though he yelled at him. I was always mean, and he stole batteries he didn't need."
Peter: "Well of course not."

Baby groot reaches for Drax, climbs him and falls asleep on his shoulder.

Gamora turns to Peter.
Peter: "What?"
Gamora: "It's just ... some unspoken thing."
Peter nods and puts his arm around her.

Mantis watching funeral: "It's beautiful."
Drax (under his breath): "It is. And so are you ... on the inside"

Last shot of Rocket with a tear falling.

Protracted actionless sequences in movies often get weary (e.g. Spider-man 3 ending) and grind a film to a halt. GotG v2 had 10 full minutes of pensive interaction without so much as a single joke for punctuation. Historically, these are the parts I tend to skip on repeated viewings because they can just drag a movie down - but with GotG v2 these are the parts I'm rewatching the most. The last 10 minutes of this film kicks me in the heart repeatedly.

Yeah I friggin' loved that snip. I'm not a laugh out loud guy in theaters, but that got me.
That's how I want to spend my days man.

vlcsnap-2017-08-08-23h46m53s404.png

I love Groot's face when Yondu blows the reactor.
He's watching the explosions like it's the greatest thing he has ever seen.

I'm just annoyed that the standard DVD case has the best (IMO) cover art, but it's the version I want least. The shared cover for the BluRay and 4K versions is... meh. I would love a cover that used "Guardians' Inferno" for inspiration.

--Jonah

Rented it again earlier in the week. Gamora makes such great faces. My two favorite are the eye roll when Peter is flirting with the high priestess and this face she makes when Ego says he has a nice penis.

I don't know about all of them, but i got the 4k Steelbook and wow! The film itself looked gorgeous and just jumped off the screen at 4K and HDR. Best looking disc i've ever seen frankly. Superb showcase for an amazing flick!

Watched it again (Steelbook Blu-Ray) a couple of times.

Towards the climax where Peter is having flashbacks to his relationships there's the shot of Peter flying with Rocket laughing together which always makes me laugh. Was that an intentional parody of the 1978 Superman and Lois Lane flying sequence? Even if not it's still funny just because they just look ridiculous.
And, true to form, James Gunn makes the next shot of Yondu mentoring kid Quill, a scene which hits me right in the heart.

It's amazing that the last 10 minutes of the film was just a number of closing emotional character arcs without any action which shouldn't work but does.
Yondu's death, Peter's eulogy, Gamora's reconciliation with Nebula, Yondu's cremation, Kraglin and Peter sharing thoughts and "gifts", Peter playing "Father and Son" for baby Groot then the entire ravager funeral.

The ravager funeral itself was wonderfully written:

Rocket: "He didn't chase him away, even though he yelled at him. I was always mean, and he stole batteries he didn't need."
Peter: "Well of course not."

Baby groot reaches for Drax, climbs him and falls asleep on his shoulder.

Gamora turns to Peter.
Peter: "What?"
Gamora: "It's just ... some unspoken thing."
Peter nods and puts his arm around her.

Mantis watching funeral: "It's beautiful."
Drax (under his breath): "It is. And so are you ... on the inside"

Last shot of Rocket with a tear falling.

Protracted actionless sequences in movies often get weary (e.g. Spider-man 3 ending) and grind a film to a halt. GotG v2 had 10 full minutes of pensive interaction without so much as a single joke for punctuation. Historically, these are the parts I tend to skip on repeated viewings because they can just drag a movie down - but with GotG v2 these are the parts I'm rewatching the most. The last 10 minutes of this film kicks me in the heart repeatedly.

Man I may as well have written this (with more ellipsis, however... heh)

I can't get enough of this movie, and this whole ending is exactly why.

I say this without hyperbole, this movie excited me at 41 years old like Star Wars excited me at 6 years old.

And Gamora rules. She's my new Leia.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back