Laser Sight units on T2 Resistance weapons

Here is another picture of the switch. That would have been added as you mentioned to keep the power on while needed.
2lmuil0.jpg

There are also a slew of these in the same containers but probly from another show:
2mqnmsj.jpg

Sweet Rob. Thanks.

Did that silver screw in the battery compartment of the panavue replace the thumbscrew on the back of the laser sight, i.e. attach the rear of the panavue to the LS45?

Also, can you show me the top of the panavue? Did they just cover the big white button with electrical tape?

If memory serves, and keep in mind I didnt inspect everything and its been about five months, there is a knurled thumbscrew still in place at least on the one with the bulb section still mounted to the laser. As far as the press button, I dont recall seeing one that was white. It could well have been replaced, painted or covered.

Rebuilding the Terminator rifles has taken a back seat to the other finds we were digging up, then the hot weather and then rain halted all that. I may be back there this week though.

Rob, here are some more of the stock components. The stock thumbscrew is throwing me. I can't imagine that it's long enough to go through the back of the panavue and catch the threads on the LS45 body AND fit a battery in there. If so, what is that silver screw for?

Also, does the top of the panavue ring any bells? I'd like to know what they did there. Paint, sheet plastic or just the black tape.

They did use different configurations of the rifles. The bottom 3 screen captures above show a Short Barrel Version with the front sight post cut off (just like the rifles in Total Recall) while in other scenes, the rifles had full 18" barrels with flash hiders. Its possible they were inconsistent on the "scopes" too.

Rear of the laser sight and top of the panavue 2
photo.jpg

Close up the back and the thumbscrew
photo2.jpg

Back off showing thumbscrew
photo1.jpg

Thanks for the help.

I really dont know more than previously mentioned about the mount or alterations that are shown in the pictures. The guns were in fact reused in Total Recall as parts for those guns are also in the same bins along with parts from another sci fi movie unrelated.

The bullpup shells were not just for rifles but also for shotguns and other variants. This could possibly explain the shorter and longer barrels or variations. If you have ever first hand seen full flash vs a standard 1/4 flash shotgun blank it starts to make sense why shotguns would be used where necessary vs a standard rifle blank cartridge.

And just a couple more pics before I throw this up for sale.

The Pana-Vue 2 mounts upside down with the main screw that holds on the battery cover for the LS45 also being the main screw to hold the Pana-Vue in place. A second, smaller screw, just as seen in robstyle 's pics goes in the upper left corner of the Pana-Vue to keep it from rotating on the LS-45 battery cover.

From what I can see in the film, the power cord for the LS-45 is never hooked up and the lasers are never on. However the Pana-Vue is on in one or two scenes (but not most) and the Pana-Vue on my scope still works as well (didn't bother with adding the on/off switch so you can just get a momentary on by pressing the slide tray on the bottom of the Pana-Vue.

This is a super easy and surprisingly strong assembly of parts that seem very dissimilar and fragile.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• terminator-2-future-solider-scope-01.jpg
    terminator-2-future-solider-scope-01.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,597
  • terminator-2-future-solider-scope-02.jpg
    terminator-2-future-solider-scope-02.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 1,353
  • terminator-2-future-solider-scope-03.jpg
    terminator-2-future-solider-scope-03.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 954
  • terminator-2-future-solider-scope-04.jpg
    terminator-2-future-solider-scope-04.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,675
Last edited:
Nah... I was just being silly and it was the first Terminator logo I could find. I should have used the T2 logo instead.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back