An italian OBI1 ANH Romans Empire

enrico

Hello everyone, I am Enrico from Italy, not a new member here but a newbie because this is my first thread on RPF.
I think I am a “lurker” and during last months I’ve learned a lot as far as OBI1 ANH lightsaber.
As you can imagine, I’m a great fan of SW saga (the original trilogy) and my favorite lightsaber is, of course, the OBI1.
In this respect, scouting for a prop replica, I met @Romans Empire
He’s a top class craftsman!
He made and weathered for me a fantastic lightsaber and he helped me to make true a dream,
since this lightsaber is, for me, a sort of Holy Grail.
First of all I’d like to underline that Roman is really a great guy, a great man to deal with.
We’ve exchanged tons of e-mails and he has been (always) friendly, polite, and ready to help me and my “crazy” ideas.
So I thank Roman for everything he did for me.
At the same time, special thanks to: @ObiShane from IRA: he’s an artist!
He made an amazing custom display base and it has been also a pleasure to deal with him.
Thank you m8!

@James Kenobi 1138: a neverending source of detailed information on the history of this saber!
He's the Master of OBI1 ANH!
@Feezle-Nuts: he made incredible plaques for my lightsaber!
He also made an Artist Proof plaque so now I have a Romans signature!
@jd pilot: he sent me the transistors decals!

Now I can die (live) happy!
...and I can definitively consider myself as a OBI1 ANH boy!
Thank you to everyone, I have had contacts with lots of you (not only the guys I mentioned above) I got always kind answers and help, this is a great community...
I hope you will enjoy the pictures attached.
All the best from Italy!
Enrico

Attachments

• OBI1_F.jpg
    OBI1_F.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 217
  • OBI1_E.jpg
    OBI1_E.jpg
    569.2 KB · Views: 231
  • OBI1_D.jpg
    OBI1_D.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 215
  • OBI1_C.jpg
    OBI1_C.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 181
  • OBI1_B.jpg
    OBI1_B.jpg
    514.1 KB · Views: 332
  • OBI1_A.jpg
    OBI1_A.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
That looks awesome. I never get tired of looking at great Obi ANH sabers.

You should be proud, you've made a beautiful prop. I'm glad you shared some photos with us.

I'll agree. Thank you for sharing, I see a downright beautiful prop. (More beautiful than the prop itself?) Welcome to the Obi Wan ANH club!

Thank you guys:)
I really appreciate your feedback and opinion since you are the experts of OBI lightsaber!
Yes I am proud of my replica and it is a pleasure to share it with you:cheers

All the best, Enrico

Hey Luke, thanks!

I've seen your skills with the graflex conversion and crystal chamber: believe me mate, your next lightsaber will be amazing for sure!

Super awesome!!!! Love it man...

Love the second signature plaque too. I have a number of feeble plaques just like that that I love. ALSO I have a couple of Obi Shane stands like that as well that are perfection.

Once again thanks guys, it is great to get your positive feedback, it's important for me but all these congrats go to the artists that made real it;-)
Super awesome!!!! Love it man...

Love the second signature plaque too. I have a number of feeble plaques just like that that I love. ALSO I have a couple of Obi Shane stands like that as well that are perfection.

Hey enrico,

Thank you for the kind words. :) I appreciate them very much.
I enjoyed our emails, but have to admit I lost track after about 157 :lol Just kidding ;)
Your emails were always very clear in regards to what you wanted, and that takes a lot
of pressure off me in trying to interpret what's being asked for.
I also appreciated your patience while I completed them, and couldn't have been happier
with how they turned out.
Hopefully, they'll always be a highlight in your collection. :cheers

Howdy Roman:) you are welcome :)
I am proud of your lightsaber and yes! it is the highlight of my sabers collection :cool
Take care :cheers

Last edited:
Enrico, the whole thing looks stunning, hope You and Feezle-Nuts will help me with the beauties that will come from Roman to me!! And from Scott!! Starting with the Stand!!:D:angel

Scott would surely say that my emails are quite too much too!!:angel

Regards,

Alberto

I'm sorry but I'm just going to have to pick a fault...

I think you need to turn that saber the other way on that stand :)
Honestly I think it really looks great.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back