Bob the Alien (Giger inspired Alien)

excellent work Leigh. :)

:)Thanks

Mucho coolness. The vault book isn't gonna show you anything you don't already have unfortunately.

Cheers :) TBF I do have rather a large collection of ref's now :) I shall have to invest in that book at some stage though to add to my collection. I currently have Giger's Alien, Alien special effects, the making of Alien resurrection & the official Aliens movie magazine.

Anyway I've been sort of busy :) I've got the other side of his head shaped up roughly, Just need to hit it with some filler:
253.jpg

254.jpg

255.jpg

Getting there :)

Last edited:
This is something thats fascinated me since I started this project, how Bob looks from a distance!
I'm a smoker unfortunately & every hour or so I pop out for a cig & this is what I see:
3.jpg

I take these outside or distance views very seriously as alot of the ref pics are from a distance & its interesting to me how he seems different from a distance. I use these distance views for reference while I'm outside smoking :rolleyes as sometimes they seem to highlight area's that could do with a little attention, area's that I would have overlooked if I hadn't been out side. ie if I had only a 13x14 foot room to view him I might have missed something important.
Just thought I'd share that thought :):confused

Last edited:
You're welcome Lee !
There's more to see at Prop Archives - The Movie Prop and Costume Archive - Prop Archives : original movie props, screen used wardrobe but I thought that this one wa sthe most interesting of the lot because it shows the underneath of the, hem, zone you're currently trying to improve.

:)

Something odd about that pic ? You mean, the broken jaw ?

Fred

Ah I see the problem now, I'm not registered over there, I can only see the same pic you posted on here :(

I'm not a member neither...
Please go to their home page and type ALIEN in their search field... You'll find more interesting things for Bob !

Fred

Thanks Fred :) found another good pic to add to the collection there :)
I shall have to put an album together of all the ref pics I've accumulated during this build & pop in my sig or something so anyone else can use it.

Time for a little update.

I think I'm finally getting there with the back end of his head. The filler work is pretty much done, just some light smoothing off to do. The thin pipes are all in place now, I've repositioned the clear pipes on the underside & built up either side of them in foam.

Just got to go round the rear with some caulking & PVA all the foam & then I can get busy with the clay again.
258.jpg

257.jpg

256.jpg

259.jpg

I'm really happy with the overall shape on the back end now :)

Last edited:
Just found this thread and just spent the last hour, reading all the way through the threads & my god :eek stunning work! You have incredible eye for detail. Hats off to you mate!

Many thanks guy's :)

Man, I thought I knew the Big Chap backwards, but that's still more creepily phallic than I ever realized. :lol

Ahem:
261.jpg

:lol

Anyhoo :) Nearly done shaping up the clay, still gonna need smoothing & a texture but its comming together:
260.jpg

264.jpg

And Heres a slightly better pic of how I've hinged the jaw & the tongue:
262.jpg

Last edited:
Bob becomes more exciting with every update.
Great continued efforts, Leigh. One can clearly see ultimately he will be an incredible achievement.

Bob becomes more exciting with every update.
Great continued efforts, Leigh. One can clearly see ultimately he will be an incredible achievement.

:) Thank you & thanks again to everybody for your continued support, it really is helping the project along :)

LOL @ first pic, Leigh. Gawd. Good old HRG, he wasn't allowed to transpose Necronom IV directly but nothing was gonno stop him from working a wang in there somewhere. :lol

As for support, heck, it'd be hard not to express enthusiasm for such an iconic piece being so well executed by a beginner. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back