New Voyagers Omni

Here are some images I made for known world locations.
italy.jpgmediterranian sea.jpgunited states.jpgunited kingdom.jpg
I'm going to need some help identifying the parts of the world shown in screen shots

Last edited:
I like idealized props myself. If I can't own the actual one that was used on screen by the actors.....then I would rather have all the nicks, dings, warts and wierd angles gone! That's just me.

I would so love to get one of these in the next few months! ;)

I could see it now, one of the final scenes in our Doctor Who film is the Doctor seeing it behind a rock or something, picking it up and saying, "What was Phinneas doing here?" stick it in his pocket and walk off.

I was going to do a Doctor Who fan series as well, until the 50th and Christmas specials royally screwed over my story. My plan was to have this hanging off of his belt, all non chalant-like.

Wow! This project is coming along nicely. When you're ready to discuss electronics, I wanted to suggest bright lights and loud sound effects. Heck, maybe even adding the sound effect that happens after Bogg pushes the Omni button to disappear. Voyagers! What a fantastic tv show. Keep up the great work.

Wow! This project is coming along nicely. When you're ready to discuss electronics, I wanted to suggest bright lights and loud sound effects. Heck, maybe even adding the sound effect that happens after Bogg pushes the Omni button to disappear. Voyagers! What a fantastic tv show. Keep up the great work.

Lights and sound are a definite. I already have ideas.

Hey Rob I just wanna run it by you real quick about the 2nd version of the omni that your working on with the lid and the indicator . First I was wondering without any modifications does the lid close most of the way like in the episode "Barriers of Sounds" when bog opens and closes it at the table it doesn't close all the way but most of the way. Would it be like that without modifications to the lid?

Hey Rob I just wanna run it by you real quick about the 2nd version of the omni that your working on with the lid and the indicator . First I was wondering without any modifications does the lid close most of the way like in the episode "Barriers of Sounds" when bog opens and closes it at the table it doesn't close all the way but most of the way. Would it be like that without modifications to the lid?
Right now the lid closes flush with the body.

I was studying the font on the omni and discovered it is styled after a real font. Old English Text MT
It looks pretty close to the original. If I can find one that is better Ill change it.
What do you think though?
View attachment 270416View attachment 270415View attachment 270417View attachment 270418

The screenshot shows me two important things.

First, the artwork is pointilized as opposed to engraved or painted.

Second, the dome lid has a hand beaten and hand finished, polished surface. It could have been sculpted and painted as there is a fleck or two of gray paint. But it's that ruggedness that makes it scream "old world artifact". So... Something to think about.

The screenshot shows me two important things.

First, the artwork is pointilized as opposed to engraved or painted.

Second, the dome lid has a hand beaten and hand finished, polished surface. It could have been sculpted and painted as there is a fleck or two of gray paint. But it's that ruggedness that makes it scream "old world artifact". So... Something to think about.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, Im making both. The majority of people prefer engraved. For those who demand screen accuracy, the beat up but accurate lid will be also available. You simply choose which you want.

I have been experimenting with this design a little. Still trying to make the dents look right.
screen accurate lid.jpg

Last edited:
Good to know. Also, I noticed from the screenshots just now that you have the nautical rings, right - but the surface outside of those rings appear curved. There is a very subtle 0.5-1mm flat ledge, but as you move away from the circles there appears to be curvature to the surface. Hope that helps.

PDVD_104_Converted.jpg Well Rob it looks fantastic!! This is the best pic we have I think so if you can find a way to copy the V exactly like it looks in this picture then you cant go wrong obviously. :) I love it.

I copied it dot for dot. It will be an option for those who want it. For me, im going with the idealized lid, just personal preference.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back