Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Update

I've altered the text to Calibre light don't have Calibre thin also I've altered the height
IMG_0365.JPGIMG_0366.PNG

They are still too big...look at the "S" and the distance to the edges of the part.And I would make them only the half of the actual red thickness.

29095511nd.jpg

Why don't you just use photoshop to trace those actual letters in that picture themselves and then add it on as a picture-layer, instead of a font type, onto your designed part? That way you can go out most accurately including the spacing between each letter, yes?

Chaïm

Update !!!!!! Again ( big sigh )
i think ive got the text correct
ive scaled re-scaled re-re-scaled and re-re-re-scaled the height of the original stamped lettering always comes to 1.9 - 2mm and to get the right look for the new lettering ive had to do it at 1.75mm, I've also re-scaled the distance from the "S" to the end of the piece and finally got that correct. ALSO !!!! I'm having them cut and laser etched as a sample just to see if the lettering looks ok for size and positioning also just to see if the laser can etch it deep enough as not to loose the look when painted.
Having them photo etched from brass to find that they are only good enough for a non screen accurate build ( but still bang on for size and shape just bad lettering ) was costly so if steel and laser etching is what will work then I will go down that road ( and what a bloody long road this turning out to be ) but don't get me wrong I'm simply loving it
if I was to add the hours together on this part alone for costing they would never sell, it's a good job this ain't my day job as I'm rubbish with computers

IMG_0369.JPGIMG_0370.JPG
Take a look give me your comments !!!!!
I will know how they look compared to the screen version when they are cut and in hand I don't think drawings can give an item justice

Why don't you just use photoshop to trace those actual letters in that picture themselves and then add it on as a picture-layer, instead of a font type, onto your designed part? That way you can go out most accurately including the spacing between each letter, yes?

Chaïm
I have photo shop illustrator but it keeps having dicky fits and I loose what I'm working on, so I searched for the nearest font and edited it in auto cad so what I have will probably stay
as it's that small nobody is going to see any slight in discrepancies but we will see when they are cut

I don't know autocad ... yet I assume you can stretch and squeeze anything including fonts to about as close as you can get with the font you used in comparison to the original text?

Chaïm

You can ( what they call explode it ) and it breaks it up into lines and curves so you are then able to reshape to your will

You can ( what they call explode it ) and it breaks it up into lines and curves so you are then able to reshape to your will

This is your destiny ... if you want to recreate the utmost accurate Vader Reveal Parts ... and as you may have come to know ... at least Kroenen77 and I expect nothing lesser from you :devil

Chaïm

This is your destiny ... if you want to recreate the utmost accurate Vader Reveal Parts ... and as you may have come to know ... at least Kroenen77 and I expect nothing lesser from you :devil

Chaïm
As you command my master(s)
i will also double my efforts ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back