2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 406
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 454
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 421
Here's another pic of that Busch flash gun I posted earlier...in this pic, the lower "control box" is attached. I can't decide if I want to keep both or just the upper one. The button on the upper one makes a nice clicky noise...and the lower one has a kinda cool wheel on it along with a track into which I could slide a circuit board, bubble strip, or something like Anakin's EP3 saber. The two boxes are currently positioned in such a way that I can easily grip the saber with left, right, or both hands. Two of them might be a little overkill though.

I'm probably going to machine a shroud for it...and if I ditch the lower box, I'll probably machine a grip section or something (probably not T-track though). The end cap is threaded, so I'll probably install a D-ring.

Busch flashgun.jpg

Last edited:
@ Calaeryn ... Perhaps you could turn the upper part 180º and then bring up the clamp some higher and off-side like Darth Vader's ANH ... that way you can still use both parts and it makes room for whatever grips you'd like :)

Chaim

Thanks for the ideas... Not sure what you mean by "turn the upper part 180° though. If you mean the upper box thing, I can't really move it cuz there are some" guts" underneath it that make the clicky noise. I'm thinking both boxes are a but much... Might just save the lower box for another saber.

Here is a pic of one of my most recent custom lightsabers made from a Peak flash. I put this together while deployed to Afghanistan. The grips are from Mr. Shields. The original Peak clamp was replaced with a replica MPP flash clamp. The shroud and emitter parts were made from an aluminum antenna mast assembly I found in a scrap pile. I am happy with how it turned out. What do ya'll think?

photo.JPG

Thanks.

The first two are empty and cannot be taken apart. The third one can be taken apart and has electronics. It took the longest to make. I have never marked the hours and it's been a few years since I made that last one but It took a few months to complete.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back