Darth Vader reveal helmet

Actually, I think people will be a little bit more patient and kind if they realize that you are younger, and new to this process. Personally, I love your passion for this project. At the same time, you are going to need to ask a ton of questions, and gather a lot of information before you can realize your hope and dream of owning a helmet like this. The honest truth is, everyone's going to tell you that it isn't very realistic to pull off something this complicated if you are younger and inexperienced with complex prop making. As an adult, it took me about 10 years to put together a movie accurate Darth Vader costume. I first started out with a homemade costume, and then slowly added more accurate Parts over the years. You need to understand, that it may take years and years before you finally realize what you are hoping and dreaming for. Don't let that ever frustrate you, don't let anything hold you back.
b4bd1d4ead6ecb89d5f7f4896c225b3a.jpg

Thank you for that. I am a homeschooler so I wasn't to sure about telling anyone about that cause people would probably underestimate what I can do and people wouldn't care about my project anymore and they wouldn't listen to what I have to say.

Last edited:
How young would i have to be for you to treat me differently? because I am under 16

There is no age for that.You can write and you love Vader...thats all you need!:)

Only wearing a vadersuit could be a little bit too big at the moment.;)

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for that. I am a 14 year old homeschool student so I wasn't to sure about telling anyone about that cause people would probably underestimate what I can do and people wonder care about my project anymore and they wouldn't listen to what I have to say.

What is a homeschool?We don´t have this here in germany.

You know just please treat me like you treat everyone else cause I have been told that i act and think a little older than my age. and I don't want to be spared criticism and comments cause I'm young. because that's one way to learn from my mistakes.

Might I make a suggestion? I don't know a lot about a Vader reveal, or what exactly is involved to make one, but I know that having some basic skills in the bag would certainly help you get started. As I understand, there is a lot of research involved for this project, especially for how accurate you want to make it. So...whilst doing your research etc...why not work on a project in the mean time, to help you understand some of the basic and I guess, fundamental things you're gonna need to complete the long term project of the Vader reveal.

I too like jumping in at the deep end when learning new things. My first prop making project was a Boba Fett helmet scratch build. During this time, I realised that I actually really enjoy it, and most of the techniques I learned making that, have transferred over to projects I work on now. If I made my Boba helmet now, knowing what I now know, It would be a lot different I feel. There are things I would do differently for sure, which I wouldn't have known had I not learned some of those basic, but extremely useful skills the first time round.

So TLDR: You should learn some of the basic tools and techniques you will need to complete the long term project of the Vader reveal. Time is on your side massively. Just need a little patience :)

It's when your parents teach you school at home my parents by the workbooks and teach me stuff! I am in the ninth grade.

Ah I understand.And why don´t you go on a school with other boys and girls?I was in a school like this since I was 6.

- - - Updated - - -

You know just please treat me like you treat everyone else cause I have been told that i act and think a little older than my age. and I don't want to be spared criticism and comments cause I'm young. because that's one way to learn from my mistakes.

I will do.Tell us something about your propskills...can you work with putty,can you paint with automotive colors,do you have skills in molding?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back