Bandai release schedule

You have a very liberal view on what constitutes an 'all new' kit. :lol

Shadow trooper is just a plastic color change.
R2 is just a refresh of an existing kit. (Don't be fooled! She's just a regular Malibu Stacy with a stupid cheap hat!).
R4-I9 is a color change with 3 or 4 changed pieces for the head.
Han, Luke and Vader, possibly new, possibly reuse of existing sprues.
Mini kits are nice but throw-aways at the size and a retail of around $5. Bandai used to release those along with the regular lines.

If you are going to count the above, you might as well count the CC B-wing as a separate release, as it has around the same number of new parts as R4. :lol

Bandai is doing the same thing with their Yamato series kits- reissuing prior kits with color changes and occasionally a new sprue.

I can understand trying to extend sales with existing tools, it makes business sense. IIRC this happens a lot with conventional military kits offered by other companies as well. I have enough unbuilt Bandai Star Wars kits already, waiting a bit for new releases is not an issue with me.

Just an opinion, but I think lack luster performance with the last two films possibly put some planned kits on hold- why go through the expense of making new tools for a film everyone is shouting how much they hate? This could have created some gaps in the production queue that will take time to fill.

You have a very liberal view on what constitutes an 'all new' kit. :lol

Oh, I know many of those weren't all new. I was compiling a list of all the Bandai releases in 2018 just to see where we're at. I dunno. In the last year I've gotten the ultimate Falcon, a new (Lando) Falcon, and a B-wing. I'm still behind on a bunch of Bandai kits, so a lull to catch up isn't a bad thing for me.

Oh, I know many of those weren't all new. I was compiling a list of all the Bandai releases in 2018 just to see where we're at. I dunno. In the last year I've gotten the ultimate Falcon, a new (Lando) Falcon, and a B-wing. I'm still behind on a bunch of Bandai kits, so a lull to catch up isn't a bad thing for me.

Because I am still chest-deep in greeblie-hell with the Zvezda SDII, I still have a SDCC B-wing, 1/72 X-Wing, TIE fighter, A-wing, T-70 X Wing, 1/144 TFA Falcon and 1/12 Fett still sitting in their boxes waiting to see the daylight on the bench.

I'm good with a little lull in SW kit releases for the moment - but for Shiggles, I have been entertaining grabbing one of those mini Death Star IIs and making an afternoon of that.

So many Bandai kits.... so little time.

FWIW, I picked up the SDCC B-wing at Colonial Photo and Hobby, here in Orlando.

Yes, but the idea behind it is the same as a P-Bandai release (to be more accurate, a con-exclusive), like say, the 1/12 Shadowtrooper or the 1/12 Hologram Vader; it's meant to be a limited run of a kit using most (if not all) of an existing mold, meant to be sold either at a specific venue, or via their online shop.

Just an opinion, but I think lack luster performance with the last two films possibly put some planned kits on hold- why go through the expense of making new tools for a film everyone is shouting how much they hate? This could have created some gaps in the production queue that will take time to fill.

I have wondered about this myself.
I enjoyed all the films, and hated the backlash Ep 8 got and that Solo did so poorly at the box office (for a SW flick).

The internet really has made it "cool" to be a hater, and I think a lot of people are looking WAY too deeply at the social agendas of these films and filmakers and overlooking/ignoring the fact that they are SW movies, not high art. (Well, they are to me, but I am a little warped).

Not trying to derail the thread, my longwinded point is, I hope backlash doesn't start to harshly affect our hobby, or even the longterm health of the franchise.

I dunno about y'all but Bandai reprinting the HG G-Saviour, the titular mobile suit of what is widely considered to be one of the worst pieces of Gundam media released, on a somewhat regular basis is enough proof for me that whatever is stopping Bandai from making new and expensive steel molds, it sure ain't the (over)reaction to TLJ and Solo, the latter especially since they released Lando's Falcon.

Good to know. Got into building kits bout 2 years ago, so Bandai's history is pretty obscure to me.

I'm probably screaming the sky is falling about the SW mentality affecting things.

(Love your signature line about pessimism, Sawbones. Probably guilty of it on the Bandai/SW issue myself).

It's all about sales nothing from the TLJ or Solo sale that well . the new designs are awful & the movies well that's another story. But Bandai did
release good amount of new kits for TFA & R1 but slowed down for the last two movies we just got 2 new kits & altered re- pops . that must be saying something about Bandai faith in TLJ & Solo films

Saying that Bandai had no faith in TLJ is false. All that means is that Bandai had some molds that they wanted to squeeze a bit more life out of, because steel molds are expensive and they were just coming out of the PG Falcon.

Mold reuse is becoming common with Bandai kits recently; the entire Build Fighters line and the IBO line from Gundam is proof of this.

Great to hear the news about the Revell offerings for two main reasons:

1. No import and custom fees and no horrendous shipping costs
2. You are able to get spare parts and single parts from their excellent customer service!

YAY!

:)

2. You are able to get spare parts and single parts from their excellent customer service!
I was always wondering, how does exactly works and what should I do to get a spare part? I was thinking of getting spare roof for my Revell/Zvezda ISD in case I did something wrong when cutting deflector dome base, but I couldnt find online guide what should I do to get one.

Well, we'll see. So far I got everything I wanted, many times even for free. Revell told me that replacement parts are salvaged from damaged kits so the time needed to prepare and send a replacement varies. If it takes too long to find a replacement or if there is none available Revell will tell you that. Recently I successfully received three A-Wing pilots and two sound modules from their SW kits without hazzle. Even though Bandai delivers top-notch quality there is always the possibility that a kit gets damaged during transit or re-packaging, so there might be some extra parts available.

@Sent : Unfortunately I don't know where you live and if the procedure is the same world-wide, so I can only describe the procedure in Germany. You write an email to Revell service@revell.de , state the kit number, kit designation and the number of the part(s) you need. Tell them your address, too (this speeds up the process tremendously). Usually you don't get an answer and find the part(s) in your mail a few weeks later. If you have to pay a fee because your order exceeds a certain limit (I had to pay a bit for the electronics) they'll contact you. If you think the price is too high (which is unlikely) you may cancel the order. If you pay the fee the parcel will be sent to you as soon as the money is received. Just give it a try, the ISD is still in their catalogue. :)

If Revell is re-issuing the vehicle models I'll try getting the parts for several standard TIEs from them (I need six of them in total and have no need for 6 Vader TIEs that would come with them). I'll definitely have to pay for them but a query will tell if it is cheaper to order the parts as extras or to get the full kits (and sell off the unneeded parts). ;)

Last edited:
It's all about sales nothing from the TLJ or Solo sale that well . the new designs are awful & the movies well that's another story. But Bandai did
release good amount of new kits for TFA & R1 but slowed down for the last two movies we just got 2 new kits & altered re- pops . that must be saying something about Bandai faith in TLJ & Solo films

I bought a 1:72 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter. I bought the 1:72 TIE Striker.

If they released a 1:72 U-wing, I would buy it. If they released a 1:72 TIE Reaper, I would buy it. If they released a 1:72 TIE Silencer, I would buy it. If they released a 1:72 Solo Falcon, I would buy it. If they released a 1:72 TIE Brute, I would buy it.

Same if they released a 1:72 Ghost, I would buy it. If they released a 1:72 Inquisitor's TIE, I would buy it. If they released 1:72 versions of all the craft in Resistance, I would buy most of them. You may be detecting a trend here. As long as they keep releasing things in scales I don't buy, I won't buy them. I know a nonzero number of hobbyists who also prefer to stick to a single scale for a category range. Not everyone, but enough to project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back