eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Unfortunatly the RS version is only available as a kit now through RS Props. This might be an issue for some people.

I would think people interested in a fiberglass version aren't necessarily looking for an exact copy. The material and construction method are significantly different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Unfortunatly the RS version is only available as a kit now through RS Props. This might be an issue for some people.

I would think people interested in a fiberglass version aren't necessarily looking for an exact copy. The material and construction method are significantly different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My RS has two thin layers of fiberglass inside.So I would say that I have a way better fiberglasshelmet as EFX ever can make!:lol

@Clutch:That is a great idea...but its really a lot of work.I would not make this for cheap again.But when you look on the high price of the EFX..400 Euros for the RS kit+400 Euros building+painting(includes fiberglass if wanted) ...so you have a lot better Scouthelmet for 800 bucks.And its built like the real thing.Here in germany they want 799 Euros for the EFX scout.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the RS is built with just the normal support pieces, couldn't there be issues with the seam cracking in shipment? That's an advantage of the fiberglass (reinforced ABS or full fiberglass like the efx). The original construction method doesn't seem very durable.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

If the RS is built with just the normal support pieces, couldn't there be issues with the seam cracking in shipment? That's an advantage of the fiberglass (reinforced ABS or full fiberglass like the efx). The original construction method doesn't seem very durable.

I think if you ship it secure there is no problem.But the seamline is a weakpoint.Thats why I put some fiberglass in my helmet to make it stronger.

It depends on the materials used to close the seam lines. I don't see why it would be affected during shipping unless it's poorly packaged or somehow is being subjected to extreme temperatures, which would also cause issues with fiberglass pieces as well.

In a lot of ways, ABS pieces are much more durable compared to fiberglass. An ABS helmet can take a tumble to the concrete with little to no damage, where a fiberglass one will most certainly chip and crack from a light fall.

Got my LE today. I was really hoping the flare wouldn't be too bad. :-(

IMG_1656.jpegIMG_1657.jpegIMG_1665.jpegIMG_1666.jpegIMG_1667.jpegIMG_1669.jpegIMG_1670.jpeg

The EFX Scout jaw remains too flaired (just compare the front of this helmet with a screen used helmet) and some helmets don't close properly. Curious to see how these ones look from top as well. And the stand is something cheap and uninspired, that should be used for a Rubies helmet, not a limited edition collectible that costs $700 or more. :(

Great pics like always my friend.But the flaring is so bad.Do you also have this big gap from the top of the visor?

Unfortunately, yes. It is as people have been describing. It’s a large gap. I’m hopeful that the Legend will be accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, yes. It is as people have been describing. It’s a large gap. I’m hopeful that the Legend will be accurate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope so for you.We will see if this will be ever released after this bad release.
Can you bend the sides of the face in hot water?That could make it a little bit better..if the color on the helmet survives that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back