Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

I suppose this is the thread to ask in--

I have Parks that's missing a few parts--specifically, one of the two small flathead screws (beneath the shroud) which keep the inner bulb holder in place, and the clamp plastic sleeve. I'm having trouble finding a replacement for the screw, and am not sure where to find them. And, are o-rings currently the best solution for replacing the plastic clamp sleeve?

AAre you talking about these screws ? -

AE67ABE9-7BCA-4B28-9ED1-3C2879D59C70_zpsozgljpwx.png

They're actually dome head screws.
Not sure where to find them but you could check for electronics screws.

Anybody got any ideas on what to use to look like these screws but work in the Torx holes when the MPP 2.0s arrive?

I'd like to
accurize an MR LE Vader ESB to look like the hero owned by Prop Store:

1- replace grips
2- replace wires
3- replace bubbles
4- add circuit board
5- clear a space under the bubbles between the sides, as it's now solid
6- add threaded rod to side of clamp where there is nothing now
7- replace knurled knob (does anyone make a replica of this?)

Q: can someone please post the dimensions of the MPP clamp-space?

DSCN0238 copy.jpg

I am selling some vader activation plates if you want (real exactra ), but for the clamp you will have some difficulties I would more suggest to use something else than a mr LE, it has quite some value, you can sell it and buy something better (parks, larbel, heiland with wannawanga parts) and make something more accurate.
For the knurled knob, wannawanga is working on it.

AAre you talking about these screws ? -

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...9-7BCA-4B28-9ED1-3C2879D59C70_zpsozgljpwx.jpg

They're actually dome head screws.
Not sure where to find them but you could check for electronics screws.

Yep, those are the screws.

Anybody got any ideas on what to use to look like these screws but work in the Torx holes when the MPP 2.0s arrive?

RE: The screws.

Not sure what size the threading is for these but if you can get that info you can probably find something at McMaster Carr or Bolt Depot. McMaster has a huge selection and a great filtering system to find what you need, but you will need to buy in packages/bulk. Not terribly expensive just excessive. Bolt Depot will most likely allow you to select specific quantities.

I'd like to

1- replace grips
2- replace wires
3- replace bubbles
4- add circuit board

View attachment 703295

Ok, just sign up on new romans MPP run.
I still don't know what it's based from, but even it's based from a larbel, the result will be much more accurate than a MR LE, and easier to make a real lightsaber from it, without heavy mods as you plan to od!
The larbel clamp is really good and overall shape is good too, some details are wrong, but it's really minimal details.

I think Romans run is based off a real MPP. I wanna say it's one of Teecrooz's but I can't remember for certain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I remember correctly, Roman was sent 2 MPPs, both with large B holes, clamps with sleeves; one has angled black bars and the other has rectangular silver bars. 3 concentric circles on the endcap. This is from memory, so someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok, just sign up on new romans MPP run.
I still don't know what it's based from, but even it's based from a larbel, the result will be much more accurate than a MR LE, and easier to make a real lightsaber from it, without heavy mods as you plan to od!
The larbel clamp is really good and overall shape is good too, some details are wrong, but it's really minimal details.

Thanks for letting me know about Roman making a run of these!
Definitely getting one.

Larry (Larbel) went to work for MR and provided them w/ a MPP.
I've never had an MPP for a side by side comparison, but based upon the large number of variations out there, the MR is pretty darn close.
The decision was made to make the clamp a solid part so it looked more like a lightsaber than a piece of camera equipment: you are selling to a wider base than the people here, so it was a practical compromise. And thankfully LFL allowed MR to use the letters E and S on this replica, even though it firmly placed the replica on earth, as opposed to a galaxy far away. They weren't allowed to use numbers or English on any of the other props for that reason.

Any consensus on what type of finish on the ANH silver sidebars?

I was over at Romans MPP interest thread and a small discussion about this came up, so i thought id bring it up here.

I know theres definitely a bead blasted finish.

However there are also claims of chrome and brushed.

Can anyone confirm this?

Wow, there is an interest thread on Romans MPP. Didn't know about that... Can you provide a link? Couldn't find it via Tapatalk.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando Tapatalk

I'd like to

1- replace grips
2- replace wires
3- replace bubbles
4- add circuit board

View attachment 703295

And I thought I was ballsy for debating/wanting to add a circuit board to my MR ESB Vader(pre Roman's run, mind you).
I would more suggest to use something else than a mr LE, it has quite some value, you can sell it and buy something better (parks, larbel, heiland with wannawanga parts) and make something more accurate.

This.

I just saw Roy's posting regarding his steel shroud replica. Sorry if I missed this, but is the general consensus that the ANH shroud was steel or is it still possible it was aluminum? Have steel shrouds been found on any real MPP's in collectors' hands?

I just saw Roy's posting regarding his steel shroud replica. Sorry if I missed this, but is the general consensus that the ANH shroud was steel or is it still possible it was aluminum? Have steel shrouds been found on any real MPP's in collectors' hands?

I dont think aluminum rusts. So pretty sure its not aluminum.

There are other difference with the shroud which makes me think it may have been custom machined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the shroud on the ESB/ROTJ saber might have been a 3rd party replacement camera piece as opposed to something fabricated by the prop department. It's such a complex shape that I can't imagine that they would spend much time custom machining it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back