Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

I'm glad to hear (pun intended) that I'm not the only one with a voice changer problem. I pre-ordered mine from toysrus.com and it was delivered today.

Here's what I learned from disassembling my helmet. First off, if you happen to ASSEMBLE the helmet out of the box first, you will need a couple of strong screwdrivers as the tabs are really strong and the pieces lock into place. (There are some minor gaps when you assemble it.). Once you have the three basic pieces, it all comes apart with a screwdriver. The vents from the frown, the eye pieces, the mics - all come apart really easily. I chucked the voice changer thing since it sucked and I don't intend to wear this.

Gene

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 339
Amazon notification today of delay on Shadow Trooper until late October. Ordered after midnight on Force friday so even first batch has been delayed.

Just ordered mine from Zavvi in the UK for £70. Not to bad considering.

Now just gotta wait for the EU release date of October 31st. That's gonna be a long wait, though hopefully by the time I get it you American guys have perfected the cover up for the battery cover so I can copy you lot.

my helmet came in today, i can't fit in it but i love it!

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone in Canada order from Walmart like I did? Still waiting for my pre-order to ship.

TazMan2000

I've got a few preorders of other items from walmart, it seems it takes a couple days after the official release because you hear anything. thats how it always worked with me and movies I've pre ordered

my helmet came in today, i can't fit in it but i love it!

I love mine to death too, I can't fit well inside either. I'm not a big guy but apparently I've got a long noggin, I had to completely remove the nose piece, and the white plastic bridge going across the front that has the suspension band in it. I'll have to figure out how to pad it a little bit now, and I'll probably have to fuse the dome and front pieces together if I plan on wearing this thing ever. Not sure if I want to remove the piece of plastic in the back that holds in the electronics to make more room, but if I do I'll have to affix the back to the front and dome as well. Choices, choices.

I've never had a Stormy helmet before this, and I have to say it really is much bigger than you imagine it is on screen. I have a mid conversion Don Post Scout on the shelf of unfinished projects and it strikes me as quite a bit smaller than the TK but they sure look mean together. Super satisfied. This is probably going to motivate me to finish up the Scout, although that's still a lot of work.

I love mine to death too, I can't fit well inside either. I'm not a big guy but apparently I've got a long noggin, I had to completely remove the nose piece, and the white plastic bridge going across the front that has the suspension band in it. I'll have to figure out how to pad it a little bit now, and I'll probably have to fuse the dome and front pieces together if I plan on wearing this thing ever. Not sure if I want to remove the piece of plastic in the back that holds in the electronics to make more room, but if I do I'll have to affix the back to the front and dome as well. Choices, choices.

I've never had a Stormy helmet before this, and I have to say it really is much bigger than you imagine it is on screen. I have a mid conversion Don Post scout on the shelf of unfinished projects and it strikes me as quite a bit smaller than the TK.

my first trooper lid too! i can't believe how tight it is inside. i would have to remove the nose piece for sure, i broke my nose in 1996 and ever since then glasses are a pain to deal with.

i have no problem with it just sitting on the shelf, thats the main reason i bought it, or to just surprise the person before i pick up the face time call lol

Sorry to go on a little ramble here down memory lane, but I really must hand it to Hasbro for this helmet. It takes me back to when I was young and remember seeing what must have been a Don Post stormy in the window of a costume shop on a family road trip through California. I have this vivid memory of being absolutely captivated by that helmet in that window. I wanted nothing more than to get out of the car and visit that shop.

That one event must have really influenced the way I am today, and the reason I am a part of this community in the first place. Now I'm quite a bit older and I've got that one thing I remember wanting to just SEE, in my hands. I can't help but almost get emotional. I am so thankful Hasbro has enabled me to relive my childish excitement, and moreso I'm so happy that kids these days may have the ability to share the wonders of the Star Wars universe as I did when I was younger.

What's even better? This helmet actually looks like a Stormy, unlike the awful cartoon of a helmet that coveted Don Post was in my childhood.

Thanks Hasbro, and thanks to all who are a positive part of this Community. I feel like a child again.

Sorry to go on a little ramble here down memory lane, but I really must hand it to Hasbro for this helmet. It takes me back to when I was young and remember seeing what must have been a Don Post stormy in the window of a costume shop on a family road trip through California. I have this vivid memory of being absolutely captivated by that helmet in that window. I wanted nothing more than to get out of the car and visit that shop.

That one event must have really influenced the way I am today, and the reason I am a part of this community in the first place. Now I'm quite a bit older and I've got that one thing I remember wanting to just SEE, in my hands. I can't help but almost get emotional. I am so thankful Hasbro has enabled me to relive my childish excitement, and moreso I'm so happy that kids these days may have the ability to share the wonders of the Star Wars universe as I did when I was younger.

What's even better? This helmet actually looks like a Stormy, unlike the awful cartoon of a helmet that coveted Don Post was in my childhood.

Thanks Hasbro, and thanks to all who are a positive part of this Community. I feel like a child again.

Great post! For me too, this helmet, my recently assembled DEC DL-44 and a Parks Luke Jedi saber represent dream goals from my 80s childhood. 84 to 97 were lean years as a kid/collector, I'm so relieved to see the resurgence in this franchise and almost film replica collectibles now being made available for us SW nuts.

I've never had a Stormy helmet before this, and I have to say it really is much bigger than you imagine it is on screen. I have a mid conversion Don Post Scout on the shelf of unfinished projects and it strikes me as quite a bit smaller than the TK but they sure look mean together. Super satisfied. This is probably going to motivate me to finish up the Scout, although that's still a lot of work.

The DP Scout helmet has been on the receiving end of many justified swear words, in my opinion. Among other things, it's significantly underscaled, so no shock that it looks small -- it is.

Whenever my Shadow Trooper helmet ships from Amazon, this will make my... *thinks* ...eighteenth Star Wars helmet, with nine more still needed. That doesn't count my non-Star Wars stuff. I may have a problem... >_>

--Jonah

About the small fit, the rear of the helmet that has screws and houses the electronics takes up a good inch of space around the inside.

I trimmed mine, cutting the rear out leaving only the sides to allow the halves to snap back together.

I've also removed the nose piece.

I'm now testing foam on the inside before I template a better cutout.

Heres a picture of the inside showing what I've done so far, flat black paint and foam in the cut away interior.

IMG_20161004_223700.jpg

Quick question, any recommendations as far as painting the exterior of this helmet? I want to convert mine to black.

About the small fit, the rear of the helmet that has screws and houses the electronics takes up a good inch of space around the inside.

I trimmed mine, cutting the rear out leaving only the sides to allow the halves to snap back together.

Heres a picture of the inside showing what I've done so far, flat black paint and foam in the cut away interior.

View attachment 669753

that looks great! i first noticed the black inside and then read your post. how thick of foam did you end up going with?

same thing with me yesterday around noon. I received an email asking if I wanted to keep my order because it was delayed. I also ordered as soon as it was live.

View attachment 669753
Can you post a pic of what you cut out of the back to keep it so that it'll still snap together?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back