Resin Rancor kit paintup

Howlrunner

Sr Member
Just finished painting up this resin kit after having it sit on my workbench half painted for 2 years! This was a sculpt by christrom (sadly his thread for his sculpt and paint is now missing all of the pictures) and was offered on the RPF for a short run.

The lighting here is rubbish as it's now 9pm, but I couldn't resist taking a few quick snaps. I LOVE this beastie and this is one of the nicest representations of it that I've come across. Most sculpts have the mouth open, but I just love the look of him with his mouth closed. I'll take more, better pics in better lighting (with a better background) another day.

fk3y3wo.jpg

FCn7OGN.jpg

fk3y3wo.jpg

FCn7OGN.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! You have absolutely smashed that kit! Amazing work. I originally tried to paint it more like the gentle giant version but it just didn't suit it - in the end, a more film-accurate version suits it better. My files disappeared because they were facebook uploads and I think an album must have got moved... too much of a pain to reupload everything. I have a friend in Spain who has modified this kit slightly and we are actually offering a few more of them now. Great work, I'm glad you enjoy it!!!

Wow! You have absolutely smashed that kit! Amazing work. I originally tried to paint it more like the gentle giant version but it just didn't suit it - in the end, a more film-accurate version suits it better. My files disappeared because they were facebook uploads and I think an album must have got moved... too much of a pain to reupload everything. I have a friend in Spain who has modified this kit slightly and we are actually offering a few more of them now. Great work, I'm glad you enjoy it!!!

Yeah, none of my own uploaded which were to Facebook work any more either, so I've switched to using Imgur now.

What does the new, modified kit look like?

Here is a link to Francis Asis' site:

https://asisfilmmodels.com/shop/star-wars/rancor/

He bought a model from me and since I struggled so much with casting he asked if he could take it on. He is one of the most trustworthy people I have ever had the good fortune to get to know. He has modified the hands slightly to make them more durable, and redone the shackle. Have a look at his sculpts - I think they are great

Francis has done great work, and his photography beats the hell out of the snaps I took of mine! Got to make a base for mine too...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back