Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release)

Re: Darth Unknown Identity

Brianna Tar from Game Of Thrones

Sorry, I know you said you've never seen the show, but I just saw this and was like
icon_wtf.gif

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Use Spoiler Tags)

That actually wouldn't have prevented any of those things from happening. The person who made it contradicted themselves saying it would have saved Luke's hand, but then points out Vader cuts from below... Also both people in his example where Padawans. I'd say Anakin had a lot more experience, but both limb losses were do to over confidence and an opponent that was vastly superior. I think Obi Wan, ROTS Anakin, or Mace Windu would have learned to defeat those strikes without a guard. Otherwise all sabers would have that.

I know we've moved on from this, and I'm not trying to steer the conversation back that way, but I just want to say that shot of the MF in the trailer has actually grown on me. It still looks a little too video game-y for my tastes, but I've begun to accept it better.

I know we've moved on from this, and I'm not trying to steer the conversation back that way, but I just want to say that shot of the MF in the trailer has actually grown on me. It still looks a little too video game-y for my tastes, but I've begun to accept it better.
We welcome you with open arms, my brother.

...I wonder what the Sith Special will be like!
Whatever it is, it'll taste like Sith! :D

Imagine if JJ succeeds and eclipses all of our (and his) expectations. - I wonder what it would feel like to hand that project over to another director for the second and third film...
Ask George Lucas. :lol

Before I begin, I'm not knocking the design, I'm just asking a question. Speaking of the saber cross guard, am I the only one who would be worried about getting their fingers cut off with that thing? I mean, the sabers we've seen have had users done well without worrying about their fingers getting cut off when in a fight. By the design looks, with one hard downward thrust from an opponent, doesn't it look like it would cut off the fingers of the person holding it? Or is that just me?

Before I begin, I'm not knocking the design, I'm just asking a question. Speaking of the saber cross guard, am I the only one who would be worried about getting their fingers cut off with that thing? I mean, the sabers we've seen have had users done well without worrying about their fingers getting cut off when in a fight. By the design looks, with one hard downward thrust from an opponent, doesn't it look like it would cut off the fingers of the person holding it? Or is that just me?

I don't think so, there's enough an emitter on either side to keep that from happening; unless you have done ginormous hands those emitters should be enough to protect your fingers. I'd worry more about accidentally cutting yourself elsewhere with the "blades" of the guard but even that's very unlikely because you'd have to be assuming some very odd guard stances or oddly flexible for that to be much of a concern.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I don't think so, there's enough an emitter on either side to keep that from happening; unless you have done ginormous hands those emitters should be enough to protect your fingers. I'd worry more about accidentally cutting yourself elsewhere with the "blades" of the guard but even that's very unlikely because you'd have to be assuming some very odd guard stances or oddly flexible for that to be much of a concern.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Those are some good points. I'd be worry about accidentally cutting my thumb off with that saber guard. But with what you've said, now, I'd be worry about cutting off more than that. :p

More Star Wars for Disneyland, from Miceage:
The plan to add an entirely new Star Wars themed land to Disneyland continues full steam ahead. It’s ironic that the Toontown Cast Members will soon be debuting colorful new costumes, which they’ll only get to wear for about 18 months as the Star Wars project is currently planned to kick off and bulldoze Toontown before the 60th Anniversary celebration ends in 2016.
Last section on the page: http://micechat.com/88753-disneyland-star-wars/

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back