Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Damn, should have let this set up over night. The time stamp from the last post says 7 hours ago, so...

The part seemed cured except for a small blister right on the tip of the dome part. Weird.
There was also sine shrinkage so I have mixed up a new batch and over filled it to allow the resin to pull in.

The shape is pretty good. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180204/397a51e9f8c7cbac0ac04353c5bf9df7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180204/8bd34f385a18c9d6ea7d53a4019e28b4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180204/e53f0076eafe9b6c773ad08b6f855e86.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

What's your main end goal with all the nodding?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180202/2362121bfc3f3ea5f0b53e12e8ac1073.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180202/d8fb6aa518febe18b25301963a01c492.jpg

Take apart mags without even messing with the fabric !!! Watch and learn [emoji367]⚡️[emoji614]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HsifEZA.gif

I think they come here from Instagram where people are much more easily impressed. Then they come here all hyped up showing off their mad skills lol.

Also cavx I haven't been posting much, but I have been keeping an eye out on your mold/casting work looking good man. What did you end up going with shore hardness for your soles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's more relaxed into the Netherlands. You can get a boat over from the UK and customs is basically non existent. Show your passport and that's it.

I got the box alright so I don't see why they didn't send the shoes with the box

Maybe the customs are more relaxed there. Not sure, I don't live there, but from there to the UK, it is all Europe, so there shouldn't be major hassles from mainland to island.

What's your main end goal with all the nodding?

To make my wear pair closer to the screen used look than the 2011 look. My display pair will be 2011 with blue soles.

Also @cavx I haven't been posting much, but I have been keeping an eye out on your mold/casting work looking good man. What did you end up going with shore hardness for your soles?

Thank you WizzardBTTF.

I am using the same A65 polyurethane I was using before. Because these parts are thinner, they are way more flexible. I found a better blue and now also use those pip things to measure the pigment. These allow control over single drops, so no slips of an extra drop going into the mix.

I have had requests to make wings from the V2s but in a curved shape like the V3 wings are and I think this will stop the splitting. I want to see of I can add that little bit of extra waffle at 90 to the base of the wing. Then I will mod those as well.

What I found interesting was that the US10V3 fits almost perfectly into the US8V2 so it would be neat to get all the sizes in V3 for upgrades and interchangeability.

So I opened up the shoes that the sole EL wasn't working on to find out they didnt hook it up! You can see the wires coming out of the left side that should be connected to the #4 plug.

I'm going to see if I can get those connectors locally tomorrow. If not I'll have to get them on eBay (thanks Jedifyfe for the video)

I'll post after I get it fixed.

91ef515e65632c2be96939beaa98a63d.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So I opened up the shoes that the sole EL wasn't working on to find out they didnt hook it up! You can see the wires coming out of the left side that should be connected to the #4 plug.

I'm going to see if I can get those connectors locally tomorrow. If not I'll have to get them on eBay (thanks @Jedifyfe for the video)

I'll post after I get it fixed.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/91ef515e65632c2be96939beaa98a63d.jpg

Sweet! I hope it works out!

Hello all new to your great chat thread! Can anyone help me find a trust worthy website to purchase the mags v3s or new v4 self lacing., thanks In advance

Thx man good looking! Appreciate your help and advice

- - - Updated - - -

So do you pay with your card or only western union?

- - - Updated - - -

So you think I should get size smaller or they run true to size? I wear a 9 on Jordan’s but can fit on a 8.5

They only accept Western Union. They are true to size. If you are handy I would ask for a broken pair (lights don't work) and fix it like I did, I paid 1/4th what the original price is right now.

You can see what my issue was in the above thread but I can't guarantee it will be the same. I may have just got lucky.

Update on my progress. I found a local shop that sell the clips and am in the process and wiring it in. I've already tested the el by connecting the wires really fast and it works just fine.

I do have one question: I've seen from jedifyfe's and other videos that the lights are really bright. Mine are dim compared to those. I tried charging them for 1 hour but the brightness didn't change. My battery is also different. Same volts but it's 1000mah. I know that won't change the brightness but maybe it's just dying. I'll post pics when I get home.

Last edited:
Thx man good looking! Appreciate your help and advice

- - - Updated - - -

So do you pay with your card or only western union?

- - - Updated - - -

So you think I should get size smaller or they run true to size? I wear a 9 on Jordan’s but can fit on a 8.5
Western Union. They run true to size

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Got everything all hooked up. They work but the EL is way dimmer than the other shoe. It also has a small flicker when I wiggle some of the wires. I can't tell where the connection is loose at. It's not at the el tape as I soldered new wires to it. Must be some where else in the shoe.

I guess this is the best I'm going to get. I plan on wearing these so after they break fully maybe I'll take them apart and replace everything. I'm just glad they work [emoji3]

14e3e4d43ae9b6e26509d112eb92cb98.jpg

Last edited:
Also just noticed Professor45 has disappeared from here, also from Instagram.....[emoji848] After he said he would send me a connector he dm'd me saying I can just solder the wires together. I'm a little nervous as I sent him my address in the dm.

Also just noticed Professor45 has disappeared from here, also from Instagram.....[emoji848] After he said he would send me a connector he dm'd me saying I can just solder the wires together. I'm a little nervous as I sent him my address in the dm.

Weird, he's still on Instagram for me

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back