1989 Batman weapon help

ryanvango

Hey all,
first time on here. I'm looking to make as near perfect replicas of 2 1989 Batman guns as I possibly can (deactivated). namely, the Colt New Service "Bang" gun (with some sort of working mechanism), and the S&W 15-3 with the 21" barrel he pulls out towards the end of the movie. both would be totally custom. and would likely need to look "like new". the new service does appear a little rough in earlier shots, but when it shows up a bit later it looks pretty clean, which makes sense if it had been significantly modified to shoot a lil "bang" flag. The same is true of S&W, which appears totally black.

now my initial plan is to find either already deactivated, or just cheap used guns and have them deactivated. best price I can find right now though is around $400-$600 each for them. I guess technically, for old-ish guns, that's not terrible, but for something I'm gonna hang on a wall and doesn't need to shoot, I'd like to cut that down. but I do want something metal, so it has a really nice heft to it, should I ever pull it off the wall (who wouldnt?). for the long barrel, I have a smith back home who already does work for my family, so I could see if he can do a barrel mod like that, assuming its deactivated. it wouldnt even need to be a nice barrel, just bored out for the first 1" or so to give it a little authenticity, then swap the sights over once the barrel has been switched. shouldn't be too bad, but I'm worried I'm making this harder than it needs to be.

so 2 BIG questions. Are there GOOD places I can get these guns or models of these guns that I can mess around with to get my desired results (I can cast fakes in metal if I need to, I think)? and are there any huge things I'm overlooking and making this way harder for myself? There's not a lot of info on these out there, which is a shame cause they're so cool.

much love
Ryan

I haven't pulled the trigger on this one (ok, bad pun) but this is the only place I've seen carry a blank firing Colt New Service revolver. And for $275 the price isn't too bad.

http://www.mcssl.com/store/59b910c3...olt-new-service-revolver-38-caliber-blank-gun

The same company also made a Joker long barrel gun (pic attached). But rpf member @peter74 makes them too, and for $169 I don't think that price can be beat. He has one listed in the junkyard, just search "joker gun."

94308749.jpg

Last edited:
awesome. thanks a ton. I'm new round these parts so i dont know the ins and outs of the site yet, so this is hugely helpful. thank you!

awesome. thanks a ton. I'm new round these parts so i dont know the ins and outs of the site yet, so this is hugely helpful. thank you!

Totally! And welcome! I'd say some good advice would be just take a deep dive into old threads. Search for things that interest you. You'll be surprised how quick you'll be brought up to speed.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back