eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

just out of interest, whats the opinion on the altmans lid? I got one of those and thought it was viewed as the best lid but now I'm wondering if I should get rid of that for an rs one.

Altmann's is very cool, but it is less accurate than RS Prop Masters, even than LoneWolf.

I'm not saying a fiberglass helmet can't have the right shape.

A customer who is looking for ultimate accuracy should want the same kind of materials and construction method as was used for the originals.

I totally agree the efx helmet has issues with the shape and gaps and is disappointing.

Obviously efx felt there was reason to offer both a fiberglass and abs version. If they looked virtually identical and no one cared about the material, there wouldn't be any reason to do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Fiberglass has lots of pros against ABS.I think for the most "normal" collectors out there, an RS scouthelmet feels "cheap"alone because the weight.So thats why EFX made the normal edition out of fiberglass.But they failed.
If they are clever..they cancel the legend and release an accurate PCR version like their ANH Vader for all.And ship everyone after the refund for the legend preorder a PCR scouthelmet for free.But I have no clue what they wanna do with all the buyers of the ruined fiberglassversion.:unsure

IIRC it was always going to be a 'sanitised/clean' Limited in fibreglass and a 'screen accurate/weathered' Legend in ABS.

Cheers

Jez

From gino’s blurb on page one. They were both going to be fibreglass.

Because of vulnerability of the seam lines as well as the production and CS nightmare it would surely cause, the decision was made to create our replicas in fiberglass.
Even though the materials will be different (from original helmet), every other aspect of the helmet will be as screen accurate as possible including the overall forms, paint, detailing, accessories, and function.

There will be two different editions, a weathered screen-accurate version and a clean non-weathered version.
We are not quite sure at this point if the weathered version will become the Legend with the clean version becoming the Limited as it happened with the ANH Vader.
For the time being, we're just going to label them 'weathered screen-accurate' and 'clean'.
Both versions will be identical with the exception of the weathering effect.

Last edited:
From gino’s blurb on page one. They were both going to be fibreglass.

Because of vulnerability of the seam lines as well as the production and CS nightmare it would surely cause, the decision was made to create our replicas in fiberglass.
Even though the materials will be different (from original helmet), every other aspect of the helmet will be as screen accurate as possible including the overall forms, paint, detailing, accessories, and function.

There will be two different editions, a weathered screen-accurate version and a clean non-weathered version.
We are not quite sure at this point if the weathered version will become the Legend with the clean version becoming the Limited as it happened with the ANH Vader.
For the time being, we're just going to label them 'weathered screen-accurate' and 'clean'.
Both versions will be identical with the exception of the weathering effect.

I mentioned this a few pages back but the website stated the Legend will be ABS, so Im not really sure what to think right now.

There is no way a company as slow and as amature as EFX are going to produce accurate ABS Scout helmets built the way they should be built. Its just not going to happen and i think EFX know its not.
I think we will be waiting until we hear EFX declare bankruptcy.

There is no way a company as slow and as amature as EFX are going to produce accurate ABS Scout helmets built the way they should be built. Its just not going to happen and i think EFX know its not.
I think we will be waiting until we hear EFX declare bankruptcy.

Unfortnately I think you are absolutely 100% correct.

Cheers

Jez

So without going through 200 pages, why is this helmet wrong? The jaw is thin, the shield flares too much, there’s a gap between the dome and the visor shield and it’s made of fiberglass. Does that pretty much cover it?

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

Soft snout pulls

Faceplate does not sit flushed against the helmet

Cheap helmet stand

the long lead time that lead to the results

I could care less about the stand, personally. I always use the silver bed bath and beyond paper towel holders for helmets anyway. They look like the EFX ones actually and are only $10.

Do we have visual confirmation that every helmet they sent out has that gap? Could that ONE have been badly trimmed?

BTW how big is the numbered plaque the EFX helmet comes with compared to old MR and EFX plaques? Wondering if i can display it on an old MR plaque holder instead of the fugly EFX helmet stand

I could care less about the stand, personally. I always use the silver bed bath and beyond paper towel holders for helmets anyway. They look like the EFX ones actually and are only $10.

Do we have visual confirmation that every helmet they sent out has that gap? Could that ONE have been badly trimmed?

Yep. All the photos, from various people on numerous sights, I've seen have it.

Hmmmm well is it worth $800 that’s the question. What does RS charge for a build up?

I'll echo the "It's not the materials" argument. The fiberglass MLC v3 I built ages ago (and modified to have the accurate SpeedGlas bolts holding the face on) has minimal gap and no flare. The face mated perfectly to the bucket. Yeah, you can only open it about 45°, but that looks to be about typical for the production helmets.

I'd say about the only thing fiberglass Scout helmets are good for is display. The face is so heavy compared to the bucket that it'll constantly try to tip down while wearing it. I don't get why people think it only feels "real" if it's heavy. Um. In the real world (and presumable in the Star Wars universe), weapon and armor makers have spent literally millennia working to decrease weight while increasing effectiveness. Adding in padding and fans and other internal gear, if a Star Wars helmet weighs over five pounds/two kilos, I'll say they're doing it wrong.

--Jonah

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back