The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

guys, have any of you got a saberfont for this saber? the quality of sound in tlj is much better than the old films so i was wondering if there was anything new so i dont have to use an old rotj font

guys, have any of you got a saberfont for this saber? the quality of sound in tlj is much better than the old films so i was wondering if there was anything new so i dont have to use an old rotj font

I defiantly think the TLJ graflex has a different ignition then the TFA graflex, but I don’t know of any new TLJ sound fonts yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outside of the MoM Vader saber, the Ranch saber, and the V3, I can’t think of single instance when a museum display saber had any onscreen pedigree. Just food for thought.

edit: no matter what the placards say!

Not to get too sidetracked but don't forget that the Barbican Vader is the retrofitted ANH Vader motorized stunt.

I defiantly think the TLJ graflex has a different ignition then the TFA graflex, but I don’t know of any new TLJ sound fonts yet

I love a soundfont based off of Battlefront 2. The sabers have a very vicious sound to them.:devil

New canvas.jpg

Just made this for myself, and thought I'd put it up here:D

Last edited:
I really have a hard time buying that the shots of the saber in Luke's hard are CG. I'm willing to bet that the saber and prosthetic hand are physical props. If not, the amount of detail would be astonishing for such a short clip. Look at the enhanced photos. You can see the reflection of the inside of Luke's sleeve in the saber. I'm sure they had to CG his hand in the full body shots but I'm sure they used a physical saber hilt with a glove like the Graflex scenes with Rey.

reflection.JPG

I really have a hard time buying that the shots of the saber in Luke's hard are CG. I'm willing to bet that the saber and prosthetic hand are physical props. If not, the amount of detail would be astonishing for such a short clip. Look at the enhanced photos. You can see the reflection of the inside of Luke's sleeve in the saber. I'm sure they had to CG his hand in the full body shots but I'm sure they used a physical saber hilt with a glove like the Graflex scenes with Rey.

View attachment 807924

There's a lot of CG going on in this shot. Namely the black buttons on the side should have a sort of V shaped notch. But yet it looks like one button with only a sliver of reflection leftover from where the notch used to be. Secondly where the box meets the body of the saber. If you follow that line, it disappears behind the black buttons, and comes out in a different spot. So it looks like the box has an angle to it. But without footage of them filming that scene we'll never know:cry

Again, let’s not confuse cg, which implies 3D rendered models, with roto/retouching, which is also done digitally. I don’t think anyone is saying the TLJ saber is CG, but frame by frame comparisons verify without doubt retouching is going on.

There is CG cover up EVERYWHERE in this damn film and it really erks me...

Rey’s broke graflex (real horrible job at CG too)

Luke’s green t**** milk bottle... he’s climbing the rocks with a practical bottle, then bends over and the bottle magically turns into the beauitful bottle I love... and when he drops his bag it’s back to the normal practical bottle

Phasma’s crack in her helmet... the crack goes all the way down the helmet explain your eye to her chin and mouth... somewhere they changed their mind and CG’ed in some greeblies to cover her mouth and chin, and only expose her eye..

And I will fight to the last breath that cheeked mouth is all CG’ed up... even though Johnson says no...

I have NO doubt, the creepy uncle went under the same treatment...

And this point in my life, I’m so disgusted with this film I don’t even care anymore. My tribute saber will be the white glove saber... so tired of the CG cover up crap

Can you tell I’m not a morning person lol ;)

I sometimes wonder if there is a really good reason for CG edits that occur in films these days. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense. But I'm not a film maker, so what do I know:D

- - - Updated - - -

And about that broken Graflex, I guess it's Canon again that lightsabers have two crystals?

Creepy uncle was under stable because of the cgi hand

But phasma the bottle and the broken flex...

Well I don’t see why they couldn’t make a broken flex... I think honestly they are just getting lazy....

Another cgi touch up is snokes right arm/hand...

There is a practical hand that cups Rey’s face, they ended up touching up the entire thing... fabric sleeve and all

I don't understand why these use cgi in background scenes when they already have the real background. Example is the scene in Maz's cantina when Fin and Rey were talking. The entire background was cgi, and it looked funny. What's the point? They already had the cantina with actors. Cgi has it's place for sure. Alot of newer movies could never have been made without it. However, I do believe it's now become overused.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back