Build: Luke Macrobinoculars (ANH Hero)

:lol
Don´t expect to much, just to show the wrong and the correct way. :devil

In all the years in this hobby i nearly always was right with staying to what i have seen myself, no matter what the actual opinion of the majority was.

nothing meant by this, so please dont take the wrong way. but if you have pics showing the seagull small knobs i would like to see them.

Nothing that way, just my experience with what people believe "now" often changes over time. Usually started by a small group that expresses it´s opinion loud for a certain time get others confirmed over some time, till the next great discovery (real or not).
Not following this has always worked for me. ;)

Well, I managed to screw up a jar of Tamiya. I didn't have white so I mixed in another brand and it didn't play well with Tamiya. :( I have to go to another city just to buy a bottle... Here they are with a primer coat. This is almost good enough.

mac11.jpg

cool. i can understand that
i just cant understand why you wont sell me the that darn black 660 i need...just dont get it :lol saw one in france, some one just got it, seller wouldnt ship to us :(
Nothing that way, just my experience with what people believe "now" often changes over time. Usually started by a small group that expresses it´s opinion loud for a certain time get others confirmed over some time, till the next great discovery (real or not).
Not following this has always worked for me. ;)

This is why I think they are Kalimars now. In the bottom left the knobs look like they float way out and are not thick like Seagulls. I think the other shots have the pin hidden in shadow. Seagulls are thick chrome almost the diameter of the knob in that area. Wouldn't it reflect? Also the Seagulls are a deep black unlike the Kalimar's gray. These look gray to me. Pardon craptastic photoshop.

mac12.jpg

I know the lenses were painted grey but I couldn’t bring myself to paint the first 2 courses of lens rings - the silver w the colored low relief numbers & hash marks and the factory grey on top of that. I did however paint the middle 2 alimunum lens adjustment rings grey. I’m ok w it this way and know it’s not accurate. I just tell my wife, kids, and friends that’s it screen accurate.....is that wrong?

I know the lenses were painted grey but I couldn’t bring myself to paint the first 2 courses of lens rings - the silver w the colored low relief numbers & hash marks and the factory grey on top of that. I did however paint the middle 2 alimunum lens adjustment rings grey. I’m ok w it this way and know it’s not accurate. I just tell my wife, kids, and friends that’s it screen accurate.....is that wrong?
It's a prop from a kid's film. Precisely 0.000000000000000000001% of the people on Earth know or care if it's accurate. IMO it looks better with the contrast anyway.

Thanks! I painted the transition box with a couple of coats of Dupli-color Aluminum. Then Dupli-color Flat Black. I used my thumbnail to scrape the edges to let the aluminum show through. The side bars and back panel of the view were painted with flat black. The wedge was painted semi-gloss black.

mac16.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back