Show off: My new Star Wars office/man cave/prop display - Picture heavy

Looks great, IMO. Do you know if those sources are still making/selling similar pieces?

Also, are those glass cabinets the ones from IKEA? Did you get the base from there, too?

Most parts are still available, yes. The main body parts all came from TK-409, apart from the arms, head, feet and shorts. The head is a zorg head, which is currently not available I think.

And everything you see furniture-wise is from ikea in that display. Detolfs cabinets placed on Lack tv units and topped off with shelf boards. The boxes on which Yoda and Vader are placed are Expedit cubes, so yeah, all ikea :D

wow that looks stunning, love the Vader bust, whats the head made from, any closer pics

That is simply a licensed piece by Sideshow, head is resin, as is the rest of the bust. Not a bad piece at all, but kinda expensive (but then what isn't in this hobby?). I was lucky enough to pick it up in a trade though :)

Got myself a DSLR camera to finally take some good pics of my stuff... thing is those darn cameras aren't as "plug and play" as I'd like them to be :D

Here's my first try anyway... not too shabby I'd say:
yodaslr.jpg

Attachments

• yodaslr.jpg
    yodaslr.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 108
C-3PO got a major overhaul by me and my flatmate over the past few days as he is supposed to be displayed at FedCon this coming weekend! Almost done now and he looks so much better than before (especially the posture is so much better :)) I'm happy with what we've done

3ponew.jpg

Attachments

• 3ponew.jpg
    3ponew.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 166
Necro-post time! Haven't updated this thread in ages (although the overview pics on page 4 are still pretty close - haven't added that much).

Just thought I'd share my finished LoneWolf Scout lid - absolutely beautiful helmet, so glad I was able to score one of these kits(It is accompanied by the Gentle Giant Scout. Nice statue with a cool "floating" bike illusion!)

1017667_3938401754166_1866292270_n.jpg

Also added this fellow to the collection... a work in progress:

1424344_3752261740782_303967850_n.jpg

Will try and add some more up-to-date pics if you people want to see :)

Where did you get time ackbar mask? Been looking for one or those for ages

"I never worked day in my life, I just lay back and let the big beat lead me."

The Jungle Brothers

Where did you get time ackbar mask? Been looking for one or those for ages

"I never worked day in my life, I just lay back and let the big beat lead me."

The Jungle Brothers

2nd that. That Ackbar looks amazing.

Your collections is truly one of the best.

Great additions

The Ackbar was a bit of a mystery. Got it "second hand" from a guy in the UK who didn't know who was responsible for the sculpt. All I managed to find out was who did not sculpt it (didn't match up with any mask I could find really), until I found a guy on eBay called 7heads10horns. It's his sculpt and he sells them on there from time to time. Not 100% dead-on accurate, but captures the essence I'd say :)

Congrats on LW Scout lid, simply the best out there. The GG statue is very cool and the floating idea is very creative

LOVE the high end items you have up on display!
Now get back to finishing my RS armor...my mannequin got the flu from not wearing any armor :lol

Markus :)

don't worry, I'm on it... your lid is assembled, just waiting for a good dry and warm day to get some paint on, the armour is going through the assembly line slowly but steadily as well :)

WOHA!!!!:rolleyes That lifesize Sir Alec's bust, just where did it come from??? A.W.E.S.O.M.E.!!!:thumbsup

The Obi Wan bust is an old JRX sculpt. Got it in a trade years ago, these haven't been available for ages. I know the original moulds still exist though!

Big update time... the main wall of awesome has changed once more, this time to accomodate a piece I've been after for years... it may not look like much, some would actually call it a piece of junk - but one man's trash... ;)

10275585_4444626089458_3120201570173385825_o.jpg

Yep, I finally scored the MR Falcon - this thing is simply beautiful! Here's another shot, but pictures don't do it justice
10476345_4444624929429_1145434053707715744_o.jpg

Thanks to Cyberman I was able to add Han and Chewie to it, too. Icing on the cake :)
10454272_4444625729449_1533892357199061943_o.jpg

Here's another little detail that makes this thing even cooler (and I'm not even big on autographs!):
10498566_4444626169460_4263694804458447493_o.jpg

A few more pics are available here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4444624449417.1073741834.1703576618&type=1&l=f14320ff05

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Dan!!!!! Glad you finally got the Falcon. :)

I look forward to seeing your painted RS PP lid. I see it up there on the top right. ;)

Ben

good catch - I will need to finish this one some day soon, yeah - got some commissions to finish first though :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back