Another Talkierg's X-Wing Red3

Don, great work. Glad you found the needed parts. i wouldn't have guessed that those parts are from an armor kit. Btw, how do you glue all those detail parts? I mean, I don't see any extra super glue residue if it was out of aliment to begin with. I have glued parts with super glue before and I have never been 100% successful in laying them down every time in correct location with having to tweak them a little and smudge the glue around a bit. Sure I wip it down right away, but one can still see the glue marks. Just curious how yours is so clean work. TIA

Mike

Thanks guys:)
Heres how my rear cap look like..

Looks very nice!
How did you cut the brass tubes? They look very clean don't they?

Tube cutter mate;)

Don, great work. Glad you found the needed parts. i wouldn't have guessed that those parts are from an armor kit. Btw, how do you glue all those detail parts? I mean, I don't see any extra super glue residue if it was out of aliment to begin with. I have glued parts with super glue before and I have never been 100% successful in laying them down every time in correct location with having to tweak them a little and smudge the glue around a bit. Sure I wip it down right away, but one can still see the glue marks. Just curious how yours is so clean work. TIA

Mike

Usually,I just dab a small bit of super glue in the center of the parts,I then position and press them down.Sometimes w tweezers.And whatever residue is cleaned up once the glue is dried w some sandpaper.Hope this helps:thumbsup

Don

We were discussing in another thread that that endcap, with the weird piece under the harrow part with holes in it around the edge, seems to be a latter day addition--originally, they all seemed to have the harrow part nestled in that Sherman part. You made replicated it well, though, and if that's what you want more power to you! :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back