Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

If they are for display only and you wanted Marty's Size, then you should have got US7.

- - - Updated - - -

When you cut yours open to access the electronics, I noticed that after you removed the buckle, there is white fabric. Do you actually cut through the outer shell grey?

I know that, but For 200$, I'm fine with 8.5. Somehow I doubt most will look at them and say "hey those aren't size 7!" :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that, but For 200$, I'm fine with 8.5. Somehow I doubt most that will look at them will say "hey those stents size 7!" :)

Actually my bad as these were limited to 6 pair?

As Brad said, get a charger. I made my own using USB charge cables and charge tips of 0.7mm. Just be careful inserting them and if you have the same twin pin setup I have, you may have to reverse polarity.

Even if you have to remove the batteries, a display pair plugged in is probably better anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

hi guys just received my v3s around 3 days ago and i started wearing them straight away. i was wearing them today as usual and accidentally wet the uppers because of the rain...they ain't really drying because of the fabric im guessing and I am not sure how to remove them. it's just water but somehow it managed to stain them pretty badly. How would you guys recommend to clean the uppers and remove the stains? thanks in advance :) i'll update how everything goes

You will need to sponge the entire upper to get the stains out. Use a damp cloth, not too wet.
Use paper towel on the inside and they dry faster on their sides than on the soles. All shoes do this not just MAGs.

Once dry, I suggest you water resist them.

You will need to sponge the entire upper to get the stains out. Use a damp cloth, not too wet.
Use paper towel on the inside and they dry faster on their sides than on the soles. All shoes do this not just MAGs.

Once dry, I suggest you water resist them.

hi cavx, what do u mean sponge the entire upper? do u mean to gently wipe the whole fabric with damp cloth? thanks

I would be pressing the damp cloth rather than wiping the cloth across the fabric.

im currently out and will only be home around 6-7 hours later... do u reckon the stain will still be removable around 10 hours after it got stained? thanks always for all the help

im currently out and will only be home around 6-7 hours later... do u reckon the stain will still be removable around 10 hours after it got stained? thanks always for all the help

They should. It really depends on how bad the stain is I guess. Interesting that I never really got stains on mine even when I did get them wet once (pre Re-Align). They seemed to dry out OK.

For the defective shoes, i suspect them to have broken wires. And in the second shhoe, it look like the light switch is missing...

I might run some tests on my extra shoe...

For the sizes, They only had some 8.5, one 9 and some 10 and 11...

For the defective shoes, i suspect them to have broken wires. And in the second shhoe, it look like the light switch is missing...

I might run some tests on my extra shoe...

For the sizes, They only had some 8.5, one 9 and some 10 and 11...

So the big question is - are they new or just 2nds?

How do wires break if theses are new? Makes sense if they were returns.

Missing switch is a concern but again, if 2nds, explains why they were sold off as faulty.

All, for those thinking of ordering through sneakerahead.ru go ahead. I got my air mags in under 2 weeks and got great customer service! Martha was the persona I felt with and was quick to respond and very customer service focused! I ended up paying via PayPal and even with the extra to pay through PayPal, I'm very satisfied!!!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Last edited:
All, for those thinking of ordering through sneakerhead.ru go ahead. I got my air mags in under 2 weeks and got great customer service! Martha was the persona I felt with and was quick to respond and very customer service focused! I ended up paying via PayPal and even with the extra to pay through PayPal, I'm very satisfied!!!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

its sneakerahead.ru
not sneakerhead.ru

So I am really not sure these guys used to glue the soles on, but both heat (via a light) and a blade did not work for me today. I will have another go tomorrow now that I have that small heat gun.
No matter what I did, I could not get the blade to cut down between the clear and the midsole. It cut into the midsole and in the end, I decided to glue it back together. I think tackling this from the seam on the bottom might be viable.

Day 2. Damn these things are well built.

EL panel looks ok apart from the broken connector. Given this shoe strap and LED panel do not even light up when the charger is plugged in, I will suggest that there is something more sinister going on inside and I honestly could not be bothered to make the lights work again.

So I decided to take the PIS (Passive Illumination System) approachable and fake the EL with 3M reflective tape.

The strap should delaminate as I have already had to glue the velcro back down. It would sweet if I can get the bubble open as well.

0c5c03bdc8f31f556c252850e0ff5879.jpg
5705ac857cfb56943d9be4003f2e82e1.jpg
c09c9d6efe5f97b6bda401cef6f133d9.jpg
dae68e3bc80a7d95d8a696b632888989.jpg
58d69bc2447db6582e7904f15b2ffc55.jpg
f1df5f309e8eddd91918ced569e516b8.jpg

WOW! you are just cutting into these? I did this MONTHS ago...
Yeah, sort of. Given the price, I am not exactly keen on cutting them up. I really should have not been so keen yesterday because I now have super glue residue to clean up before I can reassemble these. Super glue tends to not want to stick to itself.

2nd shoe done. Heating up the rubber is way easier than cutting. This just popped off with very little effort.
76a0b24f0a8dd4da5e9315a28e229016.jpg

@cavx very cool. What are all the little specks of blue all over the soles, sand?
It seem to be a residue from the dying process. Both pair were done twice. The first time was with a normal navy blue dye powder that I mixed up with water.

Then I used the liquid RIT dye but heated a cup in the microwave.

For the 2nd pair of MAGs, I boiled the same dye on the stove before applying it. That pair does not seem to have this sand like issue.

It doesn't seem to brush off to easy. I didn't wash them in case I lost some color.

It doesn't bother me as you have been the first one to notice. The next time these come off, they will be replaced by these.

There are still some kinks to work out but the are showing promise. And because these are cast in the final shape, they shouldn't split like the V2 version did.
d2147beab7cf7c10098c25cfa5394185.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back