ROGUE ONE - E11 blaster differences

Yeah, I did. Really good quality ones, with lots of detail, that I milled out and fitted electrics in and installed glass lenses.
Tried doopydoos (total ****e) and a few others but then randomly found two guys in Swindon (England) who made stuff like the scopes, counters, rails, t track, muzzles and scopes and greeblies for DL series pistols ect as a side job, and they were fantastic. .

Well then I can definitely tell you they didn't cast your scope for the Rogue One blaster props.

I agree It does look like a 3 in this image.
attachment.php

Although it still appears to be an 8 in this image. Notice the center of the 8 connects unlike the number 3.
attachment.php

I realize the shadows from the angle of all these photographs can be deceiving.

On another note; It also looks like they used exact copies of the same Hengstler counter that Bobafettchicken put on his Airsoft E-11

Here's a picture of a screen used Hengstler counter from Rogue One
attachment.php

And Here are original photos from Bobafettchicken's Airsoft E-11 blaster build. Notice the eagle window in the plastic socket cover has been cut-out larger than that of a real metal socket cover eagle window.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to ID the red laser pointer below the Death Trooper blaster barrel shroud?

Attachments

• E-11D.png
    E-11D.png
    809.9 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but technically the Death Trooper E-11D is an E-11 right? So...I think I found the actual stock they used but need more eyes on it. It looks like they flipped the butt stock upside down and the silver pin looks like it had been removed as well.

This is the VFC AR-15 stock.

1.600x600.jpg new-arrival-tactical-vfc-stock-for-ar15-m4.jpg

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but technically the Death Trooper E-11D is an E-11 right? So...I think I found the actual stock they used but need more eyes on it. It looks like they flipped the butt stock upside down and the silver pin looks like it had been removed as well.

View attachment 697387 View attachment 697386

I'm pretty sure that's it. I'll ask some groups on Facebook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 697387 View attachment 697386

Ok edit:

As far as I can tell the butt plate for the stock in the film is right side up, but hot toys definitely flipped it and put it upside down in their photos. I'm almost positive this is the actual stock used for the prop though.

Rogue-One-A-Star-Wars-Story-Imperial-officers-and-Death-Troopers.jpg

screenshot-2016-06-22-15-14-28.png

Hot Toys photo's
deathtrooper0007.jpg

I asked on a face book group. The stock belongs to the H&K M416c

Ok edit:

As far as I can tell the butt plate for the stock in the film is right side up, but hot toys definitely flipped it and put it upside down in their photos. I'm almost positive this is the actual stock used for the prop though.
You are correct. I've purchased the 416c stock on ebairsoft, although not he VFC version, it's still very similar if not the same as the one used on the E-11D. Now the next question would be how to mount it on to the S&T Sterling receiver cap..

Last edited:
I asked on a face book group. The stock belongs to the H&K M416c

Has anyone figured out where you can get R1 screen accurate power cylinders? I've checked on Christopher Pearson's 3D model on shapeways but even he admit those power cylinders are inaccurate because they're smaller than the ones used on the R1 E-11 props.

You are correct. I've purchased the 416c stock on ebairsoft, although not he VFC version, it's still very similar if not the same as the one used on the E-11D. Now the next question would be how to mount it on to the S&T Sterling receiver cap.

Cool,
So the VFC tactical stock I posted earlier is just the airsoft version of the real part which is the stock on the H&K m416C.

Don't know if anyones mentioned it, but the paint used on the Rogue One E11 is actually a fireplace black paint. Not sure if its much of a difference but theres supposedly a reason for the choice.

Don't know if anyones mentioned it, but the paint used on the Rogue One E11 is actually a fireplace black paint. Not sure if its much of a difference but theres supposedly a reason for the choice.

Thanks, that is interesting. Do you know which paint it was, or where that was ID'ed?

So, the T-track. It seems thicker than lightsaber T-track, with a different profile, doesn't it? Found material or modeled/printed?

It definitely seems thicker. It also looks like it doesn't even go into the barrel holes. I think they're just laid on top the glued. An easy job for a 3D printer. What do you think?

I have identified the origins of the T-Track used on the E-11 blasters in Rogue One. While doing research on the power cylinders I discovered the thick T-Track is also taken from a Shepperton Design Studios E-11 Blaster. It has the exact same unique shape and profile.

Here are confirmed photos of the T-Track on an SDS E-11. These blasters are made of plastic infused with foam.
SDS_T-Track2.jpgSDS_T-Track1.jpg

Here is T-Track from a Rogue One screen used E-11 blaster, notice the thickness and shape of the fins match that of the SDS T-Track above.
Rogue One T-Track.jpg

I have created a complete Rogue One E-11 Blaster Reference thread over at whitearmor for anyone interested; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

I have identified the origins of the T-Track used on the E-11 blasters in Rogue One. While doing research on the power cylinders I discovered the thick T-Track is also taken from a Shepperton Design Studios E-11 Blaster. It has the exact same unique shape and profile.

Here are confirmed photos of the T-Track on an SDS E-11. These blasters are made of plastic infused with foam.
View attachment 723403View attachment 723404

Here is T-Track from a Rogue One screen used E-11 blaster, notice the thickness and shape of the fins match that of the SDS T-Track above.
View attachment 723405

I have created a complete Rogue One E-11 Blaster Reference thread over at whitearmor for anyone interested; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

Thanks so much for this!

Thanks so much for this!
No Problem

I also wanted to mention another discovery that was made on my Blaster Reference Thread(http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/).
The resin scopes used on the E-11 blasters in Rogue One appear to be taken from a DoopyDoos kit. Look at the serial number on this screen used resin scope; Serial# 110332.
Rogue One Scope.jpg

Here is a confirmed photo of a DoopyDoos resin cast M38 Telescope. Notice the matching Serial# 110332.
DoopyDooM38.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely a 3.

The Rogue One props use a M38 scope with a 3 on the side.

Yes is turns out that is correct; It is in fact a number 3 on the side of the scope. My previous post on the last page confirms a DoopyDoos resin cast scope was used in the movie. Here is another confirmed photo of a DoopyDoos resin scope, notice the #3 on the side.
DoopyDooM38_2.jpg

Last edited:
To be more specific every M38 scope in Rogue One has these exact markings...

TELESCOPE M38
M.H.R. CO. 1943 R.J.D.
No. 110332

This exactly matches the resin scopes sold by DoopyDoos. I'm not sure how that happened. They may have recast a DoopyDoos casting. I don't know who owns the original scope DD's mold came from.

It's the same M38 scope on the E-11, E-22, and Death Trooper versions.

EDIT - Sorry, I missed that the DoopyDoo connection was already covered on the last page.

Last edited:
To be more specific every M38 scope in Rogue One has these exact markings...

TELESCOPE M38
M.H.R. CO. 1943 R.J.D.
No. 110332

This exactly matches the resin scopes sold by DoopyDoos. I'm not sure how that happened. They may have recast a DoopyDoos casting. I don't know who owns the original scope DD's mold came from.

It's the same M38 scope on the E-11, E-22, and Death Trooper versions.

EDIT - Sorry, I missed that the DoopyDoo connection was already covered on the last page.

Yes the discovery of the DoopyDoo Scope was first made in my Blaster Reference Thread here; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/ and yes I already posted the discovery on the previous page of this thread as well. Though It's not confirmed that "Every" scope in Rogue One is a resin cast, it's possible that the scope on the airsoft based 'master prop' is real and metal like the gun itself. The DoopyDoo scopes may have only been used on the resin cast copies of the airsoft sterling.

Yes, it is the S&T sterling but it is NOT the E11 model. The prop builders added all of the parts onto the Sterling.
Yes, again; I first stated this in my Blaster Reference Thread here;http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/

"It should also be noted that S&T actually produced a limited edition "E-11 Blaster" version of this airsoft gun, though this is not what the prop makers used in the film nor is it accurate to any E-11 used in any Star Wars film ever. The prop makers for Rogue One started with the standard S&T Sterling L2A1 as a base for the E-11 Blaster."

Last edited:
Yes the discovery of the DoopyDoo Scope was first made in my Blaster Reference Thread here; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/41271-rogue-one-e-11-blaster-reference/ and yes I already posted the discovery on the previous page of this thread as well. Though It's not confirmed that "Every" scope in Rogue One is a resin cast, it's possible that the scope on the airsoft based 'master prop' is real and metal like the gun itself. The DoopyDoo scopes may have only been used on the resin cast copies of the airsoft sterling.

Every Sterling based prop I've seen from Rogue One including hero props made from actual airsoft Sterlings uses the same resin scope.
While the scope may have been first publicly discovered on Whitearmor, I've been researching the props for a lot longer and knew about it months before the movie came out.
I've seen the details of the hero props. No real scopes. There could theoretically be a yet unseen one out there with the master scope, but it's not any of the props documented by the studio.
Anyone talk to Doopydoo about it? I'm curious what the backstory is and if he still has that master scope.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back