Is this a coincidence? ROTJ lightsaber stunt props

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I know the other sabers have been beaten to death. Feel free to pass by, but I just had one "connection" that I never looked at before.

The general idea of the "Barge Climbing" saber is that it's a cast of the V2/shared stunt, or the shared stunt itself - Obviously prior to the mysterious nipple removal - and a good look at what the Shared Stunt may have looked like before redecoration.
Picture 9.png LukeROTJresinstunt-02_zpsb54ca15e.jpg < Sym-Cha DSC01426Large.jpg < user 88844733 (?)

Does anyone know if that scene was filmed before the close-up of R2 opening his dome? The R2 one it was thought had the nipple removed so it would fit.

Lukeresinstunt-03_zps4bb28b5c.jpg < Sym-Cha

Is it a coincidence that the cast resin saber inside R2 doesn't have a nipple, and the Shared Stunt now also doesn'thave a nipple?

P1010064-1.jpg < Jet Beetle

I'm not saying they're the same saber, obviously, but the 2 above are castings of the last one. So they all have the V2 profile...but......
Would they have ground off and removed the nipple to cast sabers for R2s dome? Is that why?

I'm suggesting the Saber inside R2's dome is connected to the Shared Stunt and it's disappearing nipple. Showerthoughts.

Not only has the R2 saber no nipple it doesn't even have an opening for a blade as the OB1 shared stunt saber clearly does ... So was the R2 cast from the shared stunt? I'm not sure ... I guess not otherwise there would have been at least an opening left in the mold and the casting, don't you think?

Chaim

Last edited:
Good point...

I think I had an idea that they plugged the hole for casting. I can't imagine why they would cut off the nipple in the first place, and I forgot that both these stunts are cast from the v2 or shared stunt.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean they could have just cast the v2 and chop off each nipple but that would not explain the shared stunt's mutilation :lol

The nipple is part of the blade mounting system (as the shared stunt originally rotated the blade).

The shared stunt has no nipple now because they simply removed it, probably when the blade was taken off.

The V2 and the smaller sized Hero sabers had the same nipple to attach the blade but none of them rotated and the nipple is part of the emitter head and not removable (possibly removable on the V2 but still attached).

The V2 and the smaller sized Hero sabers had the same nipple to attach the blade but none of them rotated and the nipple is part of the emitter head and not removable (possibly removable on the V2 but still attached).

I knew about the blade mounting system but I didn't know the V2 had a different emitter than the Shared Stunt, or that one didn't move. Weren't they both rotating props in ANH?

I'm not sure if the V2 was ever actually used in ANH or just as a practice saber, I thought it was just the shared stunt. lonepigeon whould know for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back