Fett's Ship.......... Slave 1

dsp5500

Pretty intensive last month & half getting this finalised. Reworked all the models including the skirt prototype I made.
Mostly due to finally sorting out a reliable simulation of thermoforming. These models take into account the distortion caused during the thermoforming process.
So we will see how they turn out soon. Im thinking mighty close warts n' all.

Rob

s1.jpg
S2.jpg
S3.jpg
S4.jpg
S5.jpg

Very cool Rob! I am especially interested in Big Bird's nest in your fourth picture. Any chance of seeing any of your 3D work on that? :p

235px-1975_big_bird_532w.jpg

Had a power outage all afternoon so couldn't get much done, But well pleased with the dry fit, Still have to skim the bottom of each level but it looks spot on. Cant wait to get the first test pulls and get it all together.
IMG_0595.jpg

It's like a lab!!
Who knows what will come out from there!!

Love the slave pattern, another super acurate ship about to happen, great job rob.
What's under the nest there???
Mars

It's like a lab!!
Who knows what will come out from there!!

Love the slave pattern, another super acurate ship about to happen, great job rob.
What's under the nest there???
Mars

I told you about it but don't think i showed you the pics? Its the oven for the 5 foot Falcon acrylic domes.

Cheers Jason.

Rob

You make it look so easy. And I KNOW how hard it is, having tried with analog gear. I think you've proven that your digital methods are the best course of action for this kind of work.

Your not going to replicate all the nuances or for that matter the basic shape of a hand sculpted plug from an adobe illustrator profile like I've seen unfortunately Hahah. An SLS scan would be the ultimate but Photogrammetry comes in second.

Not for public sale unfortunately buddy! Its large and at a minimum 6 sheet pull and thats if you don't stuff up the cut's. I don't even want to think about shipping that lot.

Not for public sale unfortunately buddy! Its large and at a minimum 6 sheet pull and thats if you don't stuff up the cut's. I don't even want to think about shipping that lot.

You need to be a advanced scratch builder to put this thing together,
I made all my own parts and did all the forming myself........and I still
wanted to blow my brains out putting it together. So God bless the non-public
maybe we will see some builds?

You need to be a advanced scratch builder to put this thing together,
I made all my own parts and did all the forming myself........and I still
wanted to blow my brains out putting it together. So God bless the non-public
maybe we will see some builds?

And a top job you done as well :thumbsup
Totally agree with you, is any scratch build easy? Try building a Taun Taun armature form two blurry black and white photos lol That made me want to blow my brains out!
Will we see some builds? Who knows, lots to do still. Got the rest of the plugs to do and machine an armature up.

Rob

Been getting bugged to finish this for a while ( Guess you want a Slave 1 :)) and caught up with some spare time in-between projects so here it is. Plugs re modelled with much better compensation for thermal stretch, re sealed and ready for vacuum forming. Sheets are ordered and will see first pulls this week :thumbs
IMG_1096.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back