Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Its the most successful media, licensing, and theme park company in the world. You really should do some research before making an comment like that.

Really? You seem to have totally missed the analogy I gave about the failed media baron just before. I was working for that particular network during that entire saga and was in the room at the time when Kerry Packer gave us his famous qoute. That experience and research enough for you?

All these characters from the current trilogy the kids love so much now are gone as of the next movie yes? Good luck putting the house on Rian Johnson creating entirely new ones that will have the same appeal.

Yes, and if this is all based on what kids think, Im really glad I dont have any serious money in it. Really glad.

If you had put serious money in when they acquired LF you would have more then twice as much now.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? You seem to have totally missed the analogy I gave about the failed media baron just before. I was working for that particular network during that entire saga and was in the room at the time when Kerry Packer gave us his famous qoute. That experience and research enough for you?

All these characters from the current trilogy the kids love so much now are gone as of the next movie yes? Good luck putting the house on Rian Johnson ctreating entirely new ones that will have the same appeal.

I would take that bet.

I think, Disney will survive,

But its scary to think this new generation, is not like the old, and will not follow..... THEY WILL NOT FOLLOW STAR WARS!!!! .....yes I said it....

This middle generation follows Deadpool,,,Avengers...Gardians OTG..etc.... the younger generation (3-9) follows Frozen.. Ice Age..Beauty and the Beast.. Trolls (yuck)... song and dance cartoons..

For SW to be those...it would have to completely change itself.. at that point, its not SW

Exactly, if thats starts to fail they will drop it like a hot potatoe.

They are building their largest park expansion ever to support Star Wars. They have plans for a live action tv show. They have major licensing plans, books, comics, other media. If the films don't land for everyone, anyone of of those will. It's genius and it's just started. Watch and see how huge this becomes.

- - - Updated - - -

I think, Disney will survive,

But its scary to think this new generation, is not like the old, and will not follow..... THEY WILL NOT FOLLOW STAR WARS!!!! .....yes I said it....

This middle generation follows Deadpool,,,Avengers...Gardians OTG..etc.... the younger generation (3-9) follows Frozen.. Ice Age..Beauty and the Beast.. Trolls (yuck)... song and dance cartoons..

For SW to be those...it would have to completely change itself.. at that point, it not SW

It may not be SW for us, but it will be for them.

They are building their largest park expansion ever to support Star Wars. They have plans for a live action tv show. They have major licensing plans, books, comics, other media. If the films don't land for everyone, anyone of of those will. It's genius and it's just started. Watch and see how huge this becomes.

That`s a hell of a lot of investment based on one property that can fall out of favour with the public just on the basis of back to back failed movies, which is always a possibility, if I could see the future, I wouldnt need DisFox shares.

Maybe I should change that to FoxDis....:lol Get It FoxDis up...:lol

It may not be SW for us, but it will be for them.

vader-nooooo.jpg

Play-do was pretty big too

Anyone has to admit.. The SW franchise, that Disney acquired, has too much diversity... Adults who argue the validity of this new ST, will change the next generations minds.

I had a discussion with my oldest...he liked the movie...I then started pointing out different scenes, that I found was a problem.. he agreed... I told him, what I pointed out was half the movie.. He agreed that maybe it wasnt a good "Star Wars" movie,,

So I took that.. it didnt planted a seed, it didnt plant the, "I'm going to buy SW stuff and be sure to watch the next one".. like I did as a child, he just took it as another movie.

I cant see the SW saga surviving that.

Last edited:
I think the fact that the SW EU was as successful as it was, is proof that a handful of characters isn't the 'be all, end all' of SW. KOTOR is a perfect example. Some folks just like that universe, & anything that's made in there will find an audience.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back