Terminator Future War NECA 1/4 scale custom Diorama

postmanpat

Sr Member
Hi all,

I have just finished work on another future war themed diorama from Terminator. My first diorama was a 1/35 scale and utilizes the Pegasus Aerial and Tank kits. It can be found here for those interested;

http://www.therpf.com/f11/terminator-future-war-aerial-tank-hunter-killer-diorama-220568/

This diorama is 1/4 scale so it has a large presence to it. The base is identical size to that of the hunter killer diorama I made so the two display together really well. This diorama started with three NECA 18" (1/4 scale) endoskeletons. These look plastic and toy like but with a bit of work can look fantastic. I made a few minor modifications to make it more screen accurate but in all honesty they were very close straight out of the box. I painted them gloss black and an alclad chrome which came out really reflective and very impressive in person. I completely removed the electronics and LED from each of the figures and put in my own LED and rewired them all so that they all turn ON/OFF using the one switch.

The skulls were made by a hobby shop locally. They are used for 1/4 scale historic model builders but it worked perfect for this diorama. The details were incredible on the skulls. I damaged up the skulls and painted up to look post-apocalyptic. The water was achieved using clear resin with a bit of grey mixed in to achieve the murkiness.

I still want to detail the guns a bit as the seam is pretty visible. I may also put in a couple of random flashing blue LEDs to represent shooting. I might put in a little more debris down the track too.

I've also uploaded a quick video of this diorama here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZ72X_eSr8

Thanks heaps for Looking.

UPDATE: LED lighting completed;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftgnttaAK1Y

Attachments

• IMG_3652.JPG
    IMG_3652.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,414
  • IMG_3654.JPG
    IMG_3654.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 720
  • IMG_3657.JPG
    IMG_3657.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 435
  • IMG_3658.JPG
    IMG_3658.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 355
Last edited:
WOWOWOW, both of your builds are absolutely amazing, holy mother of @#$%@?#$@#%!@#$%!@#% they rock. I love the subject matter and the execution.

Fantastic!

Fantastic!!! Love it!!! Just shows how good those Neca endos can look. If I remember correctly they are based on the old argonaughts kits. Anyway nice work. :)

Ben

Thanks very much for the kind comments. Yeah, the NECA figures were really impressive straight out of the box. Even just giving them a paint over would improve it to a really presentable state. I still have space for one more Terminator diorama...now I gotta start thinking of what to do for that lol.

Excellent diorama there! I used to have a NECA endo, and now I'm sorry I gave it to my cousin.

Excellent diorama there! I used to have a NECA endo, and now I'm sorry I gave it to my cousin.

Thanks for the kind words. You can still pick up the NECA endo pretty cheap on EBay. It was a pretty cheap little build this one and it really does look fantastic so it's well worth the effort.

Another stunning project hat turned out awesome Peter,thanks for sharing this with us.
Have you figured out what's your third diorama gonna look like ?

Have you figured out what's your third diorama gonna look like ?

Thanks heaps for the kind comments mate. Much appreciated. I have been sidetracked with finishing off some of my life-size statues in recent times so have not made any dioramas recently. The next two that I will do will be the 1/4 scale NECA Predator which I will repaint, detail and put into a jungle setting and the other on is the NECA 1/4 scale Alien which I will build a Nostromo corridor or vent to display him inside. Should be heaps of fun to make but I work very slowly and get easily distracted lol. Look forward to seeing your diorama.

Thanks heaps for the kind comments mate. Much appreciated. I have been sidetracked with finishing off some of my life-size statues in recent times so have not made any dioramas recently. The next two that I will do will be the 1/4 scale NECA Predator which I will repaint, detail and put into a jungle setting and the other on is the NECA 1/4 scale Alien which I will build a Nostromo corridor or vent to display him inside. Should be heaps of fun to make but I work very slowly and get easily distracted lol. Look forward to seeing your diorama.
Wooow looks like a lot of fun by the master of diorama's himself,Mine will be slow as yours cause I have to much work going on but I will get there for sure.
I have searched for more Terminator diorama's but nothing found here on board.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back