ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

No, they actually and truly do not know how to run a successful business. How they got the license in the first place mystifies me. I have never seen anything with the name Disney associated with it being run so poorly.

Because there never has been.

No, they actually and truly do not know how to run a successful business. How they got the license in the first place mystifies me. I have never seen anything with the name Disney associated with it being run so poorly.

Because there never has been.

I would say EFX is a lot more poorly ran then Anovos, at least products have shipped out from Anovos.

I completely agree.

And, no offense to the folks at Anovos, I'm sure some people there recognize and call-out these issues, but this is not rocket science.
I don't know how they structure their departments, but the bottom line is simple: they failed, and are continuing to fail. Terribly. And whoever's accountable needs to be let go.

I'd love nothing more than to pre-order more SW merch from Anovos, but I clearly won't. The Anovos brand is tainted now.
I'm even starting to doubt that I'll get half of what I already pre-ordered, because my gut tells me that Disney is looking to end their relationship with them. I hope not, but something tells me it's actively being looked into. And very few people would blame them for it.

Perhaps re: Disney - but if things shut down will we get our money back? That is my only concern if things go south. It is wildly amazing to imagine what the mindset of their weak link must be like.

I completely agree.

And, no offense to the folks at Anovos, I'm sure some people there recognize and call-out these issues, but this is not rocket science.
I don't know how they structure their departments, but the bottom line is simple: they failed, and are continuing to fail. Terribly. And whoever's accountable needs to be let go.

I'd love nothing more than to pre-order more SW merch from Anovos, but I clearly won't. The Anovos brand is tainted now.
I'm even starting to doubt that I'll get half of what I already pre-ordered, because my gut tells me that Disney is looking to end their relationship with them. I hope not, but something tells me it's actively being looked into. And very few people would blame them for it.

I completely agree.

I wouldn't worry about disney ending the relationship. They're miles ahead of EFX and they still have a license - though nobody has any clue how they still have it.

Latest update on the ‘in stock items that I havn’t received in 6 weeks!’

So pretty fed up with the email telling me the query would be passed on to fulfillment, so send another email saying forget it, just send me a refund.

Next thing, email arrives saying your order has shipped. Well checking out the supplied tracking #, no it hasn’t, a ‘label has been created’, not the same thing!

So email them 3 times asking for a refund, surprise, they seem to have gone very quiet- no replies from them.

Now, a cynical person might say there’s something up with the situation. They might say if they don’t reply and the goods get shipped in the mean time, then they don’t have to offer a refund?

I’m quite sure Anovos wouldn’t ever dream of doing such a dastardly thing, and there must be some logical explanation. Perhaps their email is down so they can’t contact me with my refund?

I personally think your request for a refund lit a small fire under someone's butt. And "label created," though b.s., is a tiny bit of progress. Keep badgering them maybe but bravo - I love what you did. That is great. And thanks much for the update!!! Enjoyed reading it for sure!

Latest update on the ‘in stock items that I havn’t received in 6 weeks!’

So pretty fed up with the email telling me the query would be passed on to fulfillment, so send another email saying forget it, just send me a refund.

Next thing, email arrives saying your order has shipped. Well checking out the supplied tracking #, no it hasn’t, a ‘label has been created’, not the same thing!

So email them 3 times asking for a refund, surprise, they seem to have gone very quiet- no replies from them.

Now, a cynical person might say there’s something up with the situation. They might say if they don’t reply and the goods get shipped in the mean time, then they don’t have to offer a refund?

I’m quite sure Anovos wouldn’t ever dream of doing such a dastardly thing, and there must be some logical explanation. Perhaps their email is down so they can’t contact me with my refund?

eFx has shipped out items as well.

Bottom line here is Anovos is not heading down the same road as eFx, it has.

There are many examples of shady business practices being illustrated here as elsewhere.

I would say EFX is a lot more poorly ran then Anovos, at least products have shipped out from Anovos.

That’s the thing with both these companies. From personal experience with efx and the countless stories on here and other sites regarding anovos, they have both proved that they have no issues with lying to their customers and telling them just what they want hear in order to secure your cash. Abhorrent behaviour from official license holders and yet it is allowed to continue, which it will.

Yeah send us cash for something we may get around to shipping in a few years if ever, and if we do NOT you can have store credit only on another of our fine offerings! :rolleyes

Something that just struck me - why do all of the Anovos offer emails say "Hurry!" ?????

Is that irony? Cruelty? Certainly a double standard but maybe even a tinge offensive.

Yeah send us cash for something we may get around to shipping in a few years if ever, and if we do NOT you can have store credit only on another of our fine offerings! :rolleyes
Wait! They won't refund a pre payment if asked? They just give you a credit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

They tried that on a few members here and were eventually forced into giving a refund.

They DO give refunds but make it as hard as possible for you to get one

Wait! They won't refund a pre payment if asked? They just give you a credit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't think they have enough qualified employees. I just saw that the Kylo Ren TLJ costumes - though admittedly more simple - will probably ship in time for Halloween. A little bit bad form that these will be delivered before TFA version. Yeah, TFA is more complex by far but what if they took the time AWAY from the new costume project to focus on the old one?!!!! Hellooooooo?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back