The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Seeing the two now I think the first design is the best one so far. I think trying to cram every component of the saber (d-ring, transistors, bubble strip) would make the design look too busy and not as clean.

Cool idea Chris - I wonder if there is something similar I can use. Does anybody know if its an known font or the Graflex company created it themselves?

It might just be like a narrow/light Futura variant. I’m sure Roman knows for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Received my Grenade today.
She's a beaut', Clark.
20180409_155836112_iOS.jpg

Regarding the logo, I'd lose the "OB1" altogether. I don't think it needs any text. I like the idea of the graphics of each part arranged to create an interesting logo. Good logos don't require text, and in the case of this one I think text is only beneficial if it were the full title, perhaps in a ring around the logo in the center, a la the text on a 3-cell bottom. Not saying you should do that, but it might be worth exploring.

Full disclosure: abbreviating Obi-Wan to "OB1" has always been a pet peeve of mine. It's silly, I know, but it seems sort of flippant and disrespectful to the character somehow. It has no meaning other than Obi-Wan sounds like OB1. So what? It's not creative at all. Comes off as lazy to me too sometimes. But like I said, silly pet peeve. :D

Also I'm not in the club, so what do I know? :lol

Regarding the logo, I'd lose the "OB1" altogether. I don't think it needs any text. I like the idea of the graphics of each part arranged to create an interesting logo. Good logos don't require text, and in the case of this one I think text is only beneficial if it were the full title, perhaps in a ring around the logo in the center, a la the text on a 3-cell bottom. Not saying you should do that, but it might be worth exploring.

Full disclosure: abbreviating Obi-Wan to "OB1" has always been a pet peeve of mine. It's silly, I know, but it seems sort of flippant and disrespectful to the character somehow. It has no meaning other than Obi-Wan sounds like OB1. So what? It's not creative at all. Comes off as lazy to me too sometimes. But like I said, silly pet peeve. :D

Also I'm not in the club, so what do I know? :lol

Pleased to have any feedback! Re: text - I am not sure there's enough objects to fill each quarter, and I had a specific design in mind. Of course I could try something completely different.

In this context I found the OB1 (I do get your point about it) sort of gave it that "military badge" feel which I kind of liked....Obi-Wan wouldn't quite work, and it also *slightly* mystifies the whole thing for those not in the know.

I'll work on it on the weekend.

Good score!

So there's a couple variants when it comes to No3 Mk1's? One with the smooth/solid bottom ring and one with the 'nicks' in? Didn't know that...

Heh... there are more than a 'couple' of variants... these were all hand tooled and so depending on the person doing the tooling, the factory it came out of, the day of the week, etc. they're *all* variants...

That's why depending on how OCD you are, it isn't about just finding a Hales grenade, it's finding one with all of the "correct" variants....

Pleased to have any feedback! Re: text - I am not sure there's enough objects to fill each quarter, and I had a specific design in mind. Of course I could try something completely different.

In this context I found the OB1 (I do get your point about it) sort of gave it that "military badge" feel which I kind of liked....Obi-Wan wouldn't quite work, and it also *slightly* mystifies the whole thing for those not in the know.

I'll work on it on the weekend.

Personally, I like the OB 1 for just the reason you outline. It would be nice to include the clamp somehow. But I'd try to keep the "unit number". Maybe you can squish the clamp a bit in one dimension and us it in place of the '1' or something?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back